BlackWolf

NVC Case complete! YAY! Now waiting on interview with London Embassy

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Called yesterday and I was informed that the case was complete at the NVC and we should expect an interview with the London embassy. Does anyone know how long it takes to get an interview date? I have kept my timeline updated whenever I get news and have looked at similar timelines to mine but my question is still unanswered. Im so excited to be with my husband again!

Congratulations!!!

We got case complete on 27th March, and received an email on 1st April giving us our interview date. The interview itself was six weeks later, on 14th May.

I hope you receive your interview date soon smile.png

05/11: Met online, began exchanging emails, texts, and Skype
10/01/11: First meeting
10/06/11: He proposed
07/17/12: Married in Irving
08/21/12: Mailed I-130 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox
08/28/12: NOA 1, Priority Date, Routed to CSC
09/02/12: transferred to NBC
09/05/12: transferred to local office, Dallas Field Office
01/12/13: NOA 2

01.24.13: NVC Received
02.12.13: Case/IIN Received
02.12.13: AOS bill invoiced
02.19.13: Pay AOS bill
02.22.13: AOS bill shows PAID
02.25.13: AOS package sent
02.19.13: DS-3032 sent
03.01.13: DS-3032 re-sent for Supervisor Review
03.01.13: DS-3032 accepted
03.08.13: IV bill invoiced
03.11.13: Pay IV bill
03.11.13: AOS package accepted
03.15.13: IV bill shows PAID
03.15.13: IV package sent
03.27.13: Case complete
04.22.13 Medical
05.14.13 INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!!!!

04.15.15 I751 sent off

04.20.15 NOA

Timeline

WOW! That's fast! How was your interview????

I read your timeline info but was sort of confused when you mentioned that the woman asked for your spouses tax info. I already sent that in to the NVC so should I send more copies to my husband?

Congratulations! And God bless on the rest of your journey. :)

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

I had to take his tax return for 2012, it was required since we had passed the April deadline before the date of the interview. The questions I was asked in the interview were very basic, I included them in my review of the Embassy. My visa is being delivered tomorrow morning :-)

05/11: Met online, began exchanging emails, texts, and Skype
10/01/11: First meeting
10/06/11: He proposed
07/17/12: Married in Irving
08/21/12: Mailed I-130 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox
08/28/12: NOA 1, Priority Date, Routed to CSC
09/02/12: transferred to NBC
09/05/12: transferred to local office, Dallas Field Office
01/12/13: NOA 2

01.24.13: NVC Received
02.12.13: Case/IIN Received
02.12.13: AOS bill invoiced
02.19.13: Pay AOS bill
02.22.13: AOS bill shows PAID
02.25.13: AOS package sent
02.19.13: DS-3032 sent
03.01.13: DS-3032 re-sent for Supervisor Review
03.01.13: DS-3032 accepted
03.08.13: IV bill invoiced
03.11.13: Pay IV bill
03.11.13: AOS package accepted
03.15.13: IV bill shows PAID
03.15.13: IV package sent
03.27.13: Case complete
04.22.13 Medical
05.14.13 INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!!!!

04.15.15 I751 sent off

04.20.15 NOA

Timeline

And thank you for the detail in the info you posted on your timeline. I ordered a tax transcript from the IRS and will provide copies of my wage stubs for my husband :) I already sent everything in but I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. He has a photo book that I made online that he is going to take in to show them in case they ask for pictures. Did you get asked for pictures at the interview?

We "front-loaded" the IV packet (for newbies reading this, it means we sent in bona fide relationship evidence with the visa application to the NVC). We had to do this in any case since our I-130 was approved despite lacking ANY bona fide relationship support documents. We did include everything necessary but we were silly and thought we only had to send in the bona fides if our basic information wasn't solid! We wound up sending a Microsoft Word montage of six pictures per page, ten pages, with captions and dates, detailing the history of our time together. We also sent our current lease and renewal lease (we renewed early to take advantage of a rent special), our previous and current car insurance, a utility bill I added him to, and bank statements for checking and saving showing shared activity (he has a debit card from the US account that he can use in the UK). We did not send e-mails or Skype chat logs, even though we chat twice a day every day... we feel it's not the business of the government to stick their noses into our private talk. He will bring about twenty representative pages of Skype logs to the interview in case they ask him for evidence, though, just in case.

The AOS information was submitted on April 10 and we had already filed 2012 taxes, so I sent a complete copy of everything for 2012 and also IRS transcripts for 2011, 2010, and 2009. I didn't send pay stubs or an employer letter, because I read the instructions for the I-864EZ instead of the instructions for the I-864 that I filed. It was accepted anyway so I'll send pay stubs to my husband for the interview. We filed joint, so it's more bona fide relationship evidence.

I'm posting this mostly to help ease my mind about his interview on the 14th. I'm sure he has more than enough evidence. We've had so many silly things happen to our case file though. But I'm a musician and I have a bit of a superstition that small hassles in the lead-up mean a good showing at the end... like tripping on the way to the piano always meant a good performance lol... I expect his interview will be an anticlimax and he'll be on his way in... wow, about five weeks. biggrin.png

Edited by speedwell

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.