Zuhalafares

Passport taken but no visa given: sana'a yemen

11 posts in this topic

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Here is my issue: My husband went in for his first interview in sanaa yemen on march 2013 and they said come back in a week to pick up visa... Went back and they said go home we will call you . currently its may 2013 and we have not heard anything! Through email they tell me they do not have a time slot for him to come and pick up his visa!!! They said once they have an appointment for him they will call him, so that is why I am curious of how so many are saying they have appointments for an interview. And they put our case under "ready for interview" like he will have to go through another interview. I am so frustrated and I have a son who is sick/disabled so I really can't go back to visit!!! I really dont understand any of these. At first they said printing problems then they say until they find an appointment time and date for him... Really it sounds all bs ... Right....???...!!!!! Anyone have any thoughts or has heard of such a thing!!???!! Comments are really appreciated thanks!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

any news when calling the DoS hotline?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

so many people are trying to make appointments and they cant i dont know why i think they just dont want to .. who did u contact when u tryed to make an appointment did u email them the IVSanaa@state.gov because emy husband got an appointment and i sent an email to the email address and they made me my appointment to go with my husband and my son.. my appointment did not come yet its not until another week .. but can u tell me what questions they asked ur husband when he went..

Timeline

so many people are trying to make appointments and they cant i dont know why i think they just dont want to .. who did u contact when u tryed to make an appointment did u email them the IVSanaa@state.gov because emy husband got an appointment and i sent an email to the email address and they made me my appointment to go with my husband and my son.. my appointment did not come yet its not until another week .. but can u tell me what questions they asked ur husband when he went..

Well After my husbands interview they told him go home and we will call you when your visa has been printed. When I email that same email address they told me waiting to find time slot. But can you tell me how "you" were able to make an appointment yourself???? Can I do that???? Why can't they give him an appointment to pick up his visa when so many others are giving appointments for their interviews????!!!!! But to our surprise when he went in for his interview they asked no questions. They reviewed the paperwork and you know general questions...your name date of birthday and that was pretty much it!!!!! They gave him a pink slip said come back and a week. A week later said printing problems and to go home and they will call him. When I email us embassy they said trying to find time slot for an appointment !!!! It really frustrating!!! But can you please update us after your interview please thanks!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You know that you can find out if they printed his visa or not on this site below u just have to have the case number they assigned ur husband at the NVC.. Where is says visa application type Choose immigrant visa

And where is says immigration case number put the case numberfrom the NVC hope this helps

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?

Good luck

Peace & Much Love

~ SouSou~

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

I agree with shayma's message. Check the site that shayma provided in the post above and check if the visa has been issued. The same thing happened to me and it took about a month to receive the call back for pickup. Apparently the site said the visa was issued and the embassy did not have the folder package put together for pickup. All will be well, it is just a matter of time for them to call you.

Timeline

I agree with shayma's message. Check the site that shayma provided in the post above and check if the visa has been issued. The same thing happened to me and it took about a month to receive the call back for pickup. Apparently the site said the visa was issued and the embassy did not have the folder package put together for pickup. All will be well, it is just a matter of time for them to call you.

Yes thanks guys ... That's what I do daily and tells me "ready" like ready for an interview. So I emailed the embassy and I said why does it say ready for interview when he has gone through the interview and given a date to come pick up his visa but was told "printing issues". They said oh it's an interview to pick up his visa we just don't have a date yet... Time slot.... The latest message from the us embassy was this:

Thank you for your email. We will contact your husband as soon as his visa is ready to be picked up.

Best,

Sanaa IV Unit

So I am just praying that soon they will call him!!! Hey Brooklyn Man when they finally called your wife did they also have her passport for a month because they have my husbands passport and it's been over 2 months. But again thanks guys for all your comments !!!!!

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

Yes, they had my wife's passport for the one month we were waiting. I'm guessing that not only is the folder packet not ready for pickup, but also that the visa was not printed into the passport. As soon as the visa is printed onto the passport, then the message changes to issued. Afterwards, the folder packet is put together and your husband is called for scheduled pickup. But first the message must change from ready to issued. But i understand your concern as it is awkward that your case still has a ready status after the interview. Hopefully, all will turn out well.

Timeline

Hey has anyone tried or knows anything about

passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com... I guess it's who you email to inquire about your passport status. Thanks !!!

• 1 month later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Dear all,

I cam to this page to send my warmest thanks and appreciation to all members of USA embassy visa consular Sanaa,i really i applied for F1 visa and found good dealing from then especial the lady who is making the interview with people.I strongly believe that the employees of US embassy in Sanaa absolutely changed to the best.Then good luck to them hope the best in their life.

Abdullah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.