meandterry

Medical of Visa Appointment

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The medical must be completed before the interview date. If it is not completed then her approval will be delayed.

Pretty much EVERYONE does the medical before the interview date because it is required at the interview.

No medical = no approval.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Here's how to do it:

1. Pay the visa application fee at BPI.

2. Schedule an Embassy interview appointment either online or by phone.

3. Complete the medical at St. Lukes.

4. Attend your Embassy interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The medical must be completed before the interview date. If it is not completed then her approval will be delayed.

Pretty much EVERYONE does the medical before the interview date because it is required at the interview.

No medical = no approval.

I think the OP might have been asking if the medical can be completed before the interview appointment. You actually cannot complete the medical if you do not have an interview appointment scheduled. You must supply proof of the appointment which means you have already paid the visa fee.

event.png

event.png

I think the OP might have been asking if the medical can be completed before the interview appointment. You actually cannot complete the medical if you do not have an interview appointment scheduled. You must supply proof of the appointment which means you have already paid the visa fee.

A K-1er can complete their St. Lukes medical even if they have not scheduled an Embassy interview appointment. St. Lukes will allow you to be admitted for the medical if you have your NVC letter. Also, many VJers have reported being admitted into St. Lukes by verbally giving them their MNL case number. There have even been reports of people being admitted using only their USCIS NOA approval letter.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A K-1er can complete their St. Lukes medical even if they have not scheduled an Embassy interview appointment. St. Lukes will allow you to be admitted for the medical if you have your NVC letter. Also, many VJers have reported being admitted into St. Lukes by verbally giving them their MNL case number. There have even been reports of people being admitted using only their USCIS NOA approval letter.

Thanks for this info. I had the same question in mind. I wanted to complete my medical first before scheduling an interview. I've undergone lung surgery so I'm pretty sure, I'll be one of those who would need to do the sputum test which will delay the interview for about 2 months.

So for as long as you have the NOA2 or MNL Case number, you can schedule the medical prior to the embassy interview, right?

Our Journey:
11/08/12: NOA1

05/13/13: RFE Hardcopy (Request to send in a legible copy of Annulment Decree)
05/31/13: 2nd RFE Hardcopy (Request to send Intent to Marry Letter)
06/25/13: NOA2

09/02/13: Medical
09/10/13: Personal Evaluation (due to psychological incapacity reason for Annulment)

09/10-12/13: Sputum/Culture Test

09/17/13: PEPS Test (Psychological Evaluation) at EDSA, QC

11/07/13: Culture Results - Negative (Thank God!)

11/13/13: Medical Completed

11/19/13: Embassy Interview - (APPROVED)

12/02/13: VISA Received

12/03/13: CFO Seminar and Registration Completed

12/11/13: Arrived in SFO

02/11/14: Got married

AOS

03/08/14: Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago Lockbox via UPS

03/17/14: NOA1

03/27/14: Check cashed-in, text/email notification received

03/31/14: Received NOA1 Hardcopy

04/04/14: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

04/21/14: Biometrics done at San Jose

05/09/14: I485 status changed to Testing and Interview (Interview set for June 11)

05/12/14: Received hardcopy of Interview Schedule

05/22/14: EAD Card in Production

05/28/14: Received USPS Tracking number

05/31/14: EAD card delivered
06/11/14: AOS Interview at USCIS San Jose

06/11/14: Case Status changed to Card/Document in Production

06/20/14 GREEN CARD RECEIVED (ALAS!)

Thanks for this info. I had the same question in mind. I wanted to complete my medical first before scheduling an interview. I've undergone lung surgery so I'm pretty sure, I'll be one of those who would need to do the sputum test which will delay the interview for about 2 months.

So for as long as you have the NOA2 or MNL Case number, you can schedule the medical prior to the embassy interview, right?

In my opinion, it's better for you to have your NVC letter. Your NVC letter will have your MNL case number on it.

On the other hand, you can book an interview appointment before you go to your medical, and if you have to undergo the two-month sputum culture, St. Lukes will reschedule your interview appointment (or you yourself can reschedule your interview appointment).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you everybody.

My fiance opinion to me

If it is me to make any appointment I would make MEDICAL FIRST .............BECAUSE ..when I call to make VISA APPOINTMENT I have to know the date of MEDICAL BECAUSE Embassy REQUIRE That Visa Appointment to be ONE week or MORE PAST MEDICAL . If I try to make Visa Appointment FIRST ...then I do not know when I can do MEDICAL so I do not know when to make Visa Appointment BECAUSE ...I will need to know the Date of Medical Appointment FIRST

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you everybody.

My fiance opinion to me

If it is me to make any appointment I would make MEDICAL FIRST .............BECAUSE ..when I call to make VISA APPOINTMENT I have to know the date of MEDICAL BECAUSE Embassy REQUIRE That Visa Appointment to be ONE week or MORE PAST MEDICAL . If I try to make Visa Appointment FIRST ...then I do not know when I can do MEDICAL so I do not know when to make Visa Appointment BECAUSE ...I will need to know the Date of Medical Appointment FIRST

You can schedule the interview appointment and ADJUST the medical exam so it will be finished a week (or more) before your scheduled embassy interview.

SLEC is on a first come, first served basis. You don't need to make an appointment with them. http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml

Example: If you choose JUNE 18, 2013 as your embassy interview, then you can already do your medical exam at anytime starting MAY 20 until JUNE 21.

Edited by apple21

You can schedule the interview appointment and ADJUST the medical exam so it will be finished a week (or more) before your scheduled embassy interview.

SLEC is on a first come, first served basis. You don't need to make an appointment with them. http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml

Example: If you choose JUNE 18, 2013 as your embassy interview, then you can already do your medical exam at anytime starting MAY 20 until JUNE 21 13.

^^^ Fixed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.