Zipline

What should I expect for an RFE deadline?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

According to USCIS, I had a RFE that was mailed to me on May 10 (or possibly May 14 - conflicting information on their website as to which they mailed it out).

For you RFE veterans, can you tell me roughly how far in the future the deadline for RFE is set for a K-129F petition? Is it based off the NOA1 date (in my case Nov 5 2012) or off the RFE date? I am slightly concerned that due to administrative or mail delays there's a possibility I could get the RFE and be under the gun to get the RFE back to them just in time to meet the deadline.

Also, when I reply to the RFE and send it back to them, what is the fastest possible delivery method they will accept? Does it have to be mail or can you fax/etc.?

event.png

Timeline

My RFE deadline was just shy of 90 days from the RFE date.

You can not fax or email. Only snail mail. I used USPS Express mail as it is an overnight service that delivers to PO Boxes.

Thanks. I think I will also try to send it to them Return Receipt just in case something were to go wrong on their end (like a few more pipes breaking at the CSC) then I have proof that I sent it back to them to meet my obligation.

event.png

I could be dead wrong about it, but I think the deadline for responding to an RFE is 30 days from the date the USCIS mails the RFE hard copy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

My deadline to response the RFE is like 84 days.

Date of Notice April 29th... and have until July 22nd to reply. that they expires.

2012-09-20: I-129F NOA1

2013-05-03: I-129 RFE

2013-05-07: RFE Reply

2013-05-17: I-129F NOA2

2013-05-28: NVC Received

2013-05-30: NVC Left

2013-XX-XX: Consulate Received

2013-06-05: Packet 3 Received

2013-06-05: Packet 4 Received

2013-06-19: Interview Date

2013-06-19: Interview Approved

2013-07-02: Got to USA

2013-09-06: Got Married!!!

2013-09-XX:

event.png

event.png
event.png

Filed: Timeline

no RFE usually dated on the day they updated your case online to RFE they won't base it on your NOA1. plus, it will give u about 90 days to reply for your RFE.

but why wait that long? if you got an easy RFE send it fast(same day or the ff day)

I got RFE for my hubby K1 stage and again RFE for his AOS. I usually send it overnight thru USPS with signature waiver due to PO Box address. as soon as the USCIS got our RFE reply our status online always change same day or the ff day they got the RFE.

the good thing after about 10days we got our NOA2(k1 Stage)/and our status online went from RFE response review to testing and interview (AOS stage).

goodluck!!!!

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Timeline

We had that same issue, We are November filer too. May 09, 2013 when USCIS said that we had an RFE that was mailed to us. Then when i checked it again they said that they mailed us our RFE May 14, 2013 again. :(

I got notification that they just mailed an RFE for my NOA1 on May 8, 2013. Then I got another notification that they just mailed an RFE for my NOA1 on May 13, 2013. I don't know why they gave me contradictory information.

Then on May 17, 2013, I received my RFE hard copy. Then I see the due date for my RFE response is May 13, 2013. I don't know why they would give me a due date that is before the date I received it. The postmark date on the envelope is May 15, 2013.

Even the USCIS operator that I talked to said, "That doesn't sound right". USCIS has some problems.

The reason you get given TWO dates for the RFE, is simple.. The first date is just when they RECORDED that you will be receiving a RFE. The second date is the date in which the RFE is actually MAILED. They send these out in batches, not one at a time.

We were given close to 90 days to get our RFE's back to them, so no issues there.

I have no doubt that two RFE notifications indicate 1) they recorded it and 2) they mailed it. But the status updates for both RFE notifications were the same (On May 8th, 2013 we mailed your RFE; on May 13th, 2013 we mailed your RFE).

With all the details the petitioners are expected to deliver, I don't see the same level of detail from the USCIS. This is just plain unprofessional.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.