Marilyn.

Real or Fake??

Christmas Trees, people!!  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of tree do you prefer?

• Real
    • Fake
    • Neither
  2. 2. What kind of tree are you using this year?

• Real
    • Fake
    • None
  3. 3. Lights on Tree

• Multi-coloured
    • Single Colour
    • How many times do I have to tell you.... I am not putting up a tree this year....

55 posts in this topic

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a primitive tree. its a fake one, but a really really good looking one :lol: . Real trunk, bark, etc - i suppose from a murdered tree, but if it wasn't going to my decorative accent, it woiuld probably be used in paper or lumber, no? :P

i prefer little white lights, very elegant!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I was just reading the thread on OT about breast feeding. When I saw the title of this thread, I assumed it would be about titties :blush:

that wasn't my intention at all :whistle:;)

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Fake. I kill things too easily.

And multi-colored, but damn, it was hard to find a non-pre-lit tree! I have these gorgeous strings of light that are real deep jewel tones, bigger than the little points of light you usually see, smaller (and less primary-toned) than those giant ones. I guard them jealously and it was really hard to find a non-lighted tree to buy this year to put them on, everything had lights already. What's with that? Can people really not spare 20 minutes twice a year to put the lights on/take them off? Nowadays they don't even all go out if one does.

They look like this: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=b...asin=B000FKMMAQ

except that beside purple there's also peacock blue, emerald green, deep red, and gold.

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well me & hubby usually have fake tree every christmas but this year we prefer to have a real Tree coz its our son first Christmas and we want it to be very special.. just like my first christmas here in the US he got a real tree for me :star:

Here is my Time line

I-751 sent - 10-23-2006

NOA received & Biometrics appointment - 11-10-2006

Finger print - 11-15-2006

Green card received ..................... dated March 24,2007

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

We're using a fake one this year, already strung with the lights. That's the hardest part I think...stringing those lights on a tree. Yeah, real ones are nice, they smell good and all, but the mess...the needles... :no:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Timeline

Ok, I am confused.

The poll results at this point in time have 45 respondents with 45*3=135 total votes cast (3 questions, 3 votes per respondent).

Now, I'm assuming if one puts up a tree it has to be either real or fake. What is not real is fake and what is not fake is real. Sounds simple to me, maybe I'm missing something.

To that question, 25 say real, 17 say fake and 3 say neither. I assume those 3 are people who will not be putting up any tree at all; after all, if one did put up a tree, it would have to be either real or fake.

And yet, in response to the next two questions ("What kind of tree are you using this year?" and "Lights on Tree"), 11 and 6 respondents respectively say they do not intend to put up a tree.

Shouldn't these numbers be equal?

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Ok, I am confused.

The poll results at this point in time have 45 respondents with 45*3=135 total votes cast (3 questions, 3 votes per respondent).

Now, I'm assuming if one puts up a tree it has to be either real or fake. What is not real is fake and what is not fake is real. Sounds simple to me, maybe I'm missing something.

To that question, 25 say real, 17 say fake and 3 say neither. I assume those 3 are people who will not be putting up any tree at all; after all, if one did put up a tree, it would have to be either real or fake.

And yet, in response to the next two questions ("What kind of tree are you using this year?" and "Lights on Tree"), 11 and 6 respondents respectively say they do not intend to put up a tree.

I responded "real" to the first question because I prefer real trees. I responded "none" to the second question because although I prefer real trees to fake ones, I will not be putting up either this year. As for the third question, that was ambiguous because you can still have a preference for multi-colored lights even if you're not putting up a tree. Make sense?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Ok, I am confused.

You're confused because you're doing math and looking for logic on VJ.

Now just stop that mister!

:P

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok, I am confused.

I actually answered him! :blush:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ok, I am confused.

I actually answered him! :blush:

Sillyhead! :P

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

fake, fake, colored...........i like pine scented candles to help make the smell more real :)

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png