Ceilla

Medical Exam

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I would like to ask about medical exam before the interview. Can anyone help me. Our case is on US embassy Jakarta yesterday and we haven't recieve any mail from them about our interview or when can I do my medical.

Can I do my medical exam without mail from the embassy? We want to make a short cut, because the waiting is already long for us. By doing my medical soon before the mail from embassy, we can save 1 week at least. And do I need to copy the medical exam form by my own? Does the clinic have the form? Because I called and they said I need to bring the copy by my own. I searched on google for the form and it have a expiration time for the form. Please help me, any info will be very appreciate. Thank you.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

I suggest you read the US Embassy Jakarta web site. It provides a lot of information. You need to go to a registered doctor for your medical exam. Bring passport, 2 3x4 photos, and immunization records (if you have them.) You should call one of the doctors on the list at the web site. The medical report takes 7 business days to complete.

http://jakarta.usembassy.gov/visa/iv-med-exam.html

Timeline

I suggest you read the US Embassy Jakarta web site. It provides a lot of information. You need to go to a registered doctor for your medical exam. Bring passport, 2 3x4 photos, and immunization records (if you have them.) You should call one of the doctors on the list at the web site. The medical report takes 7 business days to complete.

http://jakarta.usembassy.gov/visa/iv-med-exam.html

I already called the clinic but they said I have to wait till I have my interview schedule, but I can not have my interview schedule without my medical exam done. So confusing, beside that do the clinic have the form that we need for the medical exam or should I ask the embassy for the medical form?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I already called the clinic but they said I have to wait till I have my interview schedule, but I can not have my interview schedule without my medical exam done. So confusing, beside that do the clinic have the form that we need for the medical exam or should I ask the embassy for the medical form?

Have the Embassy sent email to the petitioner with the required forms (Packet 3) to be completed? Once you received this Packet 3, then you send email to the Embassy to request for Interview date. It takes about 2 days for the Embassy to respond to your email request.

Timeline

Have the Embassy sent email to the petitioner with the required forms (Packet 3) to be completed? Once you received this Packet 3, then you send email to the Embassy to request for Interview date. It takes about 2 days for the Embassy to respond to your email request.

I see. Actually, I already had packet 3 in my hand :) I will send it after I have my medical exam tomorrow. Thank you for the information :)

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

When is your interview as my wife recieved her interview date (June 5th) yesterday by e-mail and have many concerns about the doctors exame as they say takes 10 buisness days when I called one of them and her interview is pretty much in 3 weeks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

When is your interview as my wife recieved her interview date (June 5th) yesterday by e-mail and have many concerns about the doctors exame as they say takes 10 buisness days when I called one of them and her interview is pretty much in 3 weeks.

We used Medikaloka and it only took us 3 days to get the report.

Timeline

I have no idea when I will have my interview. I hope it will be soon. We've been waiting for almost 8 months already. Maybe I will get the interview the same date as your wife :) finger cross.

Timeline

To add a little bit to what my beautiful and beloved Ceilla has written above...

We've passed NOA2, and the NVC says our application is at the embassy in Jakarta. Checking the State Department's status check website, it says we're "ready". The Jakarta embassy (to our knowledge) will email me with "packet 3", which will include the forms we need for Ceilla to take her medical exam. They haven't emailed us yet, even when we've requested it from them. The authorized doctors will not provide her an examination without us bringing the forms to them. We were hoping to get the exam out of the way, since we have everything else prepared for the interview.

Does anyone here have experience with getting your medical exam in Jakarta before received the Packet 3 email? Thanks!

Timeline

I made a call to the consulate dept Jakarta US embassy. The girl at the dept said it doesnt matter if we wanna do the medical check up before getting the interview date. The medical result expiry date is six months. The lab would require our neww case number. The medical result will come out in seven days maximum. I sent email to the embassy a day after the i did the med check up and they answered the next day with interview date a week later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.