budda1

HELP! Visa refuse under section 212a6c1

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Had interview on 9/7/2012 put on AP. Given white paper given because birth certificate from National Archive D'Haiti not given. Return registered version of birth certificate two weeks later. One week later call from Consulate receive to bring passport and pay visa fee. Check CEAC Website basically every day since interview date. On May 2,2013 status change to refuse. Call DOS and they advise REFUSE UNDER SECTION 212A6C1. In 2004 my fiance applied for a Visitor Visa for church conference. He was given a paper from a church member that was not accurate, but wasn't aware that it was not accurate. We called the Embassy and asked them about what DOS told us, but we are so confuse because the Embassy is telling us they do not see what DOS is telling us. They advise to pick up the passport from the Courier service which we did had no visa stamp in it, and that my fiance has a 2nd interview with the Consulate in next month, and told us not to forget to return back with the passport. Can you please give us your opinion and advice. P.S. we also found out that today the Church Pastor called the US Embassy who is well known at the embassy and spoke up for my fiance advising the embassy that he was blind sided by one of there old members and this was not the first time that this member has done this. However the CO request a second interview before the Pastor call.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Had interview on 9/7/2012 put on AP. Given white paper given because birth certificate from National Archive D'Haiti not given. Return registered version of birth certificate two weeks later. One week later call from Consulate receive to bring passport and pay visa fee. Check CEAC Website basically every day since interview date. On May 2,2013 status change to refuse. Call DOS and they advise REFUSE UNDER SECTION 212A6C1. In 2004 my fiance applied for a Visitor Visa for church conference. He was given a paper from a church member that was not accurate, but wasn't aware that it was not accurate. We called the Embassy and asked them about what DOS told us, but we are so confuse because the Embassy is telling us they do not see what DOS is telling us. They advise to pick up the passport from the Courier service which we did had no visa stamp in it, and that my fiance has a 2nd interview with the Consulate in next month, and told us not to forget to return back with the passport. Can you please give us your opinion and advice. P.S. we also found out that today the Church Pastor called the US Embassy who is well known at the embassy and spoke up for my fiance advising the embassy that he was blind sided by one of there old members and this was not the first time that this member has done this. However the CO request a second interview before the Pastor call.

Without knowing the details of this "not accurate Paper" and the "being blind sided" which is the core of the refusal we can not help you.

Explain in detail.

It sounds like the church member lied on the paper. It is still your fiance's responsibility to understand exactly what he has submitted, even if

someone else gave inaccurate information, it can lead to misrepresentation which would be really bad news. Misrepresentation carries a life time ban. You need to be detailed in what exactly the letter stated so we may be able to advice you.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

My fiance was a vistor of the church in which a member ( that actually work at the church) invisted him to attend a church conference that was to be held in the United State at the time my fiance was only 19 years old. He said he would help him to get a visa to attend the conference with the church and will give him the necessary paperwork to apply for the vistor visa. He believe in what the church member was telling him being that he was a member for so long and an elderly man in his fifties. My fiance was never invited to go but he was lead to believe the papers was ligit, but when the consular verified with the church his name was not there to attend as a guest. The document was from the church on the church letter head and had the Pastor signature. I just don't understand why the Consulate request for my fiance to come in and talk when they could have just simply deny the visa , but according to the embassy the visa was not denied. And the very same Pastor is willing to speak up for my fiance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

212.a.6.c.i has to do with fraud. A denial under this section of the INA means that the alien has been accused of fraud, and determined to be ineligible for any sort of visa to the United States.

You are very fortunate that the consulate has decided to grant a second interview. I don't quite understand the whole church conference thing, but I recommend that you obtain any documentation you can that will clear up this situation. They obviously believe your fiance lied about some aspect of the visa application for that conference. If you understand precisely what it is that they believe he lied about then you need to obtain documentation that proves he did not lie. If your fiance fails to convince the CO then the visa will be denied and your petition will be returned to USCIS with a recommendation that the approval be revoked. If that happens then the accusation of fraud will become a fact, as far as the US government is concerned, and your fiance will never be eligible for any visa to the US.

Your best chance is to get this cleared up now at the consulate.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Did your fiance pay the church member for the "papers/forms" ? Why was the pastor's signature on this letter if he was not involved ?

Count yourself lucky if he gets another chance for the interview. They may approve or they may deny at the 2. interview. It is at the discretion of the CO and section chief.

If I were you I would be present at the interview but you must have a very good understanding of what happened. If the CO is on the fence about approval then you being

there just may help.

In cases such as this it is often misrepresentation and denial but you still have that 2. chance.

The CO wants to know more about the situation and ask further questions. It is very important for your fiance to be truthful with every detail and not try to

cover up any facts as they already have a good idea what happened and now want to test your fiance against what they already know.

They may want to know more about the guy committing visa fraud with "conference visa promises" and compare what the pastor said to what your fiance will say.
A sticky situation at best.

Let us know what happens.

Edited by Ebunoluwa
Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

If he is denied due to misrepresentation then you can ask the CO if he will give you a waiver form. He may or may not give you a waiver option.

The waiver package is a huge undertaking and requires a lot of time, patience and a lawyer to guide you and is very expensive. $4000-$6000 for attorney fees

is common. Then you wait a long time to see if the waiver gets approved.

Your circumstances are quiet serious.

Spoiler

Timeline

212.a.6.c.i has to do with fraud. A denial under this section of the INA means that the alien has been accused of fraud, and determined to be ineligible for any sort of visa to the United States.

You are very fortunate that the consulate has decided to grant a second interview. I don't quite understand the whole church conference thing, but I recommend that you obtain any documentation you can that will clear up this situation. They obviously believe your fiance lied about some aspect of the visa application for that conference. If you understand precisely what it is that they believe he lied about then you need to obtain documentation that proves he did not lie. If your fiance fails to convince the CO then the visa will be denied and your petition will be returned to USCIS with a recommendation that the approval be revoked. If that happens then the accusation of fraud will become a fact, as far as the US government is concerned, and your fiance will never be eligible for any visa to the US.

Your best chance is to get this cleared up now at the consulate.

My husband back then was just studying to become a pastor; in which, he is one now. However the head pastor of the church back then is still the head pastor now and is very well known at the consulate who has spoken out for my fiance which I believe why the consulate gave him the second interview, also the head pastor is also offering proof of documentation that is very helpful as well

Timeline

Did your fiance pay the church member for the "papers/forms" ? Why was the pastor's signature on this letter if he was not involved ?

Count yourself lucky if he gets another chance for the interview. They may approve or they may deny at the 2. interview. It is at the discretion of the CO and section chief.

If I were you I would be present at the interview but you must have a very good understanding of what happened. If the CO is on the fence about approval then you being

there just may help.

In cases such as this it is often misrepresentation and denial but you still have that 2. chance.

The CO wants to know more about the situation and ask further questions. It is very important for your fiance to be truthful with every detail and not try to

cover up any facts as they already have a good idea what happened and now want to test your fiance against what they already know.

They may want to know more about the guy committing visa fraud with "conference visa promises" and compare what the pastor said to what your fiance will say.

A sticky situation at best.

Let us know what happens.

No there was no payment involved. As the head pastor explained to the consulate this particular individual was more like an assistant to him that stole paper work from him. This individual was banned from the church. It happen when my fiance graduated from high school an entered the school to become a pastor (ps I don't know what they call this school in english, please excuse me) however I am just thankful that the original pastor is still leading the church and was even able to call the embassy to give his recollection of what happen since it was so long ago. As far as wanting to know more about the guy that information was already provided to the consulate by the head pastor.

Timeline

If he is denied due to misrepresentation then you can ask the CO if he will give you a waiver form. He may or may not give you a waiver option.

The waiver package is a huge undertaking and requires a lot of time, patience and a lawyer to guide you and is very expensive. $4000-$6000 for attorney fees

is common. Then you wait a long time to see if the waiver gets approved.

Your circumstances are quiet serious.

Thank you for the information. I am hoping with the information that the head pastor provided,and being that he is well respected by the embassy they take that everything that my fiance told them 9-10years ago they now believe him since the head pastor was able to provide these same details to the consulate.

Timeline

I wish you both the best and a speedy reunion rose.gif

Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.