mehdali

for people who got APPROVED

21 posts in this topic

You mean approved 'petition'? My fiance sent quite a lot of evidence of ongoing relationship e.g. emails, chat logs, photos, plane itinerary, boarding pass, hotel receipt, etc. :)

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

With the Algerian embassy more is better. We sent everything but the kitchen sink and were still going to originally be denied. We wound up approved though but it was not all based on the toms of evidence we sent.

Send what you can, preferably before the interview. Front load where you can and include as much as possible. Best of Luck along the way! star_smile.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

With the Algerian embassy more is better. We sent everything but the kitchen sink and were still going to originally be denied. We wound up approved though but it was not all based on the toms of evidence we sent.

Send what you can, preferably before the interview. Front load where you can and include as much as possible. Best of Luck along the way! star_smile.gif

Thanks! just what I needed :)

Timeline

For the petition, the proof was mostly regarding having met (entry/exit stamps, boarding passes, pictures).. but the proof of ongoing relationship that my fiancé took to the interview was a Skype log (just showing our calls and times) print-out of inbox and a few emails a month or so of cell phone records, some greeting cards and pictures from our visit in between the petition filing and interview. As I recall him saying, they didn't look at any of it (it was originally refused on the basis of my income, but not for lack of "bona fide relationship" so I don't know what extent our proof of on-going relationship was a factor, but it couldn't have hurt-- they allowed a chance to overcome the refusal and it was later approved :) )

In any case, it's probably better to have more than enough proof than not.

Best of luck!

Timeline

For the petition, the proof was mostly regarding having met (entry/exit stamps, boarding passes, pictures).. but the proof of ongoing relationship that my fiancé took to the interview was a Skype log (just showing our calls and times) print-out of inbox and a few emails a month or so of cell phone records, some greeting cards and pictures from our visit in between the petition filing and interview. As I recall him saying, they didn't look at any of it (it was originally refused on the basis of my income, but not for lack of "bona fide relationship" so I don't know what extent our proof of on-going relationship was a factor, but it couldn't have hurt-- they allowed a chance to overcome the refusal and it was later approved smile.png )

In any case, it's probably better to have more than enough proof than not.

Best of luck!

This embassy in general does not look too much at what you bring. One of the officers told me they generally review your file before the interview so they know what questions they want to focus on. They have looked at what they have ahead of time. With that said I would still bring anything extra or more current to the interview as well just in case.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

This embassy in general does not look too much at what you bring. One of the officers told me they generally review your file before the interview so they know what questions they want to focus on. They have looked at what they have ahead of time. With that said I would still bring anything extra or more current to the interview as well just in case.

u r right they dont check what u bring,they hv a special quesyions to ask u at the interview day;

am under AP processing for more than 5 months and they didnt tell me why,everything was good when i had my interview.

I just wanna ask for a help from u all ,what do think if my fiance chedule an appointement with the embassy and come here to algeria to meet the CO to make the AP ,PLIZ i wanna u all to share with me what do u think about this idea.I need ur help

thank u for u all

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The above information from the insiders is invaluable, and asking about this ahead of time is very smart indeed. See general comments about this and other matters in this thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/410945-k-1-journey-completed/

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

u r right they dont check what u bring,they hv a special quesyions to ask u at the interview day;

am under AP processing for more than 5 months and they didnt tell me why,everything was good when i had my interview.

I just wanna ask for a help from u all ,what do think if my fiance chedule an appointement with the embassy and come here to algeria to meet the CO to make the AP ,PLIZ i wanna u all to share with me what do u think about this idea.I need ur help

thank u for u all

Unless he is there anyway, I would have him ask them first by email. In general there is nothing one can do to speed up the AP process. I would hate to see him fly all the way over there just to have them tell him you just have to wait.

When I was speaking directly with one of the consular officers she had said that AP is a process they cannot predict or change. At the time, which is now a good 6 months ago they were several months behind.

I tried talking to them about me coming in to clear up a mistake made on their end and they were not open to it. They had marked my husband as a no show to his interview when he had in fact been there. They made me go through the State Department instead.

So what it boils down to is if he wants to try or not and if he can go with the understanding he may get anywhere. He would get to visit with you though, so that's always a plus!

Timeline

Unless he is there anyway, I would have him ask them first by email. In general there is nothing one can do to speed up the AP process. I would hate to see him fly all the way over there just to have them tell him you just have to wait.

When I was speaking directly with one of the consular officers she had said that AP is a process they cannot predict or change. At the time, which is now a good 6 months ago they were several months behind.

I tried talking to them about me coming in to clear up a mistake made on their end and they were not open to it. They had marked my husband as a no show to his interview when he had in fact been there. They made me go through the State Department instead.

So what it boils down to is if he wants to try or not and if he can go with the understanding he may get anywhere. He would get to visit with you though, so that's always a plus!

WOW!! why did they list him as a no show! I mean there's cameras to prove this...that's the least they can do. That was ridiculous. How long did you have to wait after that for an actual interview?

Timeline

He had actually already had the interview, and was not given any paperwork at the end telling him if he was approved or denied. The State Department had him listed as a no show.

I was able to get hold of an officer after much effort and a few threats innocent.gif and was able to get it sorted out.

Everything was able to move through my phone contact with them at that point. I believe they were originally planning on a denial, but we wound up with an approval. It is a long story for another time, but I am just saying they were not so open for me to come in, and that was for something they HAD to fix. AP is something they don't speed up for anyone in general. It would most likely be a waste of time... except for the part where you two would get to spend time together.

Timeline

my fiance is not here in algeria now,he is in MN,he emailed the embassy yesterday to ask them for an appointement to allow him to see the CO and ask them why they put our case under AP.

WE didnt see each ohter for 10 months,we miss each other,we wanted to travel together to spend holidays together in france,but my passport is in the embassy since my interview on december 2012;

he will come her to spend holidays together,coz i cant travel without passport

Timeline

I hear you, our longest span of not seeing each other was 16 months. Him coming to visit you is a great idea!
Enjoy your time together and hang in there. AP will finish at some point. Sooner than later, inshallah.

Timeline

my fiance is not here in algeria now,he is in MN,he emailed the embassy yesterday to ask them for an appointement to allow him to see the CO and ask them why they put our case under AP.

WE didnt see each ohter for 10 months,we miss each other,we wanted to travel together to spend holidays together in france,but my passport is in the embassy since my interview on december 2012;

he will come her to spend holidays together,coz i cant travel without passport

You need to send your passport and birth certificate to the beneficiary? And even then they keep your documents if they put you under AP??!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.