CatSam

Tourist Visa in Canada

6 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!

I need your help/opinions please..

I'm a Filipino, married to USC and now living in the US. I'm going to Canada on August to attend a wedding, I have my EAD/AP but still waiting for my GC. I'm kinda worried because I'm not sure if I will get my GC before my flight. Now, my question is should i apply for a Canadian Tourist VIsa to be safe? Or just wait for my GC and take the risk?

Thank you.

Sep10,2010 - met via messenger at work (same company)
Mar21,2011 - officially bf/gf wink.png
Oct2-15,2011 - first time together (Philippines)
Feb2012 - gathered K1 requirements
March23 - I-129f sent to Dallas lockbox
Mar26 - noa1 routed to VSC (email/text)
March29 - touched
Sep18 - Finally.. NOA2!!!
Oct11 & 12 - SLEC medical exam - PASSED!
Oct24 - USEM Manila interview - PASSED! Thanks God..
Nov13 - POE DFW, TX
Nov20 - Dallas,TX wedding
-----

Feb12 - AOS sent

Mar13 - Biometrics

Apr6 - got my EAD/AP

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I will wait for my green card. I went to Canada last year to visit my sister and I got no problem because I show them my green card. Will be back again next month to see her. Good luck!!!

What visa did you enter the US on? Do you have any overstay?

If you are not out of status and have no overstay, then you can travel on your AP if neccessary.

Based on the amount of time between now and August, and you have already received your EAD/AP, I would think you will have your gc by then.

Edited by Teddy B

I think some people are confused as to what OP is actually asking. She has EAD/AP so she is good to go to return to the US, if as Teddy B says, she has no other issues.

What she wants to know is if she should apply for a Canadian Visitor’s Visa so she can come into Canada for the wedding as citizens of the Philippines normally require visitor’s visas unless they are a US green card holder.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp#west

If you have not received your green card about 6 weeks prior to the wedding apply for the visitor’s visa and you should be safe. Right now processing only takes around a month depending which office processes your request.

Good luck.

Edited by hikergirl

Thank you so much for all your reply. I'm so confused and i dont want to take risk, I on the process of gathering requirements for VIsit visa (multiple entry) to Canada but i already uploaded some on MyCIC. I cant move/resched the flight because i have to attend a wedding. Im still hoping to receive my GC before the flight tho.

I appreciate all your response :)

Sep10,2010 - met via messenger at work (same company)
Mar21,2011 - officially bf/gf wink.png
Oct2-15,2011 - first time together (Philippines)
Feb2012 - gathered K1 requirements
March23 - I-129f sent to Dallas lockbox
Mar26 - noa1 routed to VSC (email/text)
March29 - touched
Sep18 - Finally.. NOA2!!!
Oct11 & 12 - SLEC medical exam - PASSED!
Oct24 - USEM Manila interview - PASSED! Thanks God..
Nov13 - POE DFW, TX
Nov20 - Dallas,TX wedding
-----

Feb12 - AOS sent

Mar13 - Biometrics

Apr6 - got my EAD/AP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.