Cocacola7890

Not Heard Anything from NVC

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hello All.

I received NOA2 approval notice on March 28th, with the Notice Date March 25, 2013. I Called NVC many times and ask for the NVC case number, but they have not received my case yet. They ask me to scan my approval notice and send to NVC inquiry to find out where the case it.

I sent an email to NVC Inquriry. See below:

"Hello Sir/Madam,

I have received the I-130 approval notice, and would like to know what
is my NVC case number. Please find attached I-130 approval notice for
your reference.

Petitioner Name: XXX

Petitioner Date of Birth: XXX

Applicant Name: XXX

Applicant Date of Birth: XXX

Please reply back per your earliest.

Thanks"

NVC's Response was following:

"Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the
immigrant visa petition: XXX.

The correspondence submitted is currently under review. An appropriate
action will be taken once this review is completed.

MJ

National Visa Center
Written Inquiry Unit
Serco Inc, Support Contractor"

Has anyone else seen that kind of reply? What does that reply mean? Do they have the case number and will send the appropriate documents to me? or Are they still looking for my case in their system? how long should i wait till i receive more response from NVC?

Please reply if you have any information regarding this.

Thanks

I-130 Sent : 2009-11-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-12-07

I-130 Approved : 2010-02-22

NVC Received : 2010-02-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :

Pay I-864 Bill

Receive I-864 Package :

Return Completed I-864 :

Return Completed DS-3032 :

Receive IV Bill :

Pay IV Bill :

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments :

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello All.

I received NOA2 approval notice on March 28th, with the Notice Date March 25, 2013. I Called NVC many times and ask for the NVC case number, but they have not received my case yet. They ask me to scan my approval notice and send to NVC inquiry to find out where the case it.

I sent an email to NVC Inquriry. See below:

"Hello Sir/Madam,

I have received the I-130 approval notice, and would like to know what

is my NVC case number. Please find attached I-130 approval notice for

your reference.

Petitioner Name: XXX

Petitioner Date of Birth: XXX

Applicant Name: XXX

Applicant Date of Birth: XXX

Please reply back per your earliest.

Thanks"

NVC's Response was following:

"Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the

immigrant visa petition: XXX.

The correspondence submitted is currently under review. An appropriate

action will be taken once this review is completed.

MJ

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

Serco Inc, Support Contractor"

Has anyone else seen that kind of reply? What does that reply mean? Do they have the case number and will send the appropriate documents to me? or Are they still looking for my case in their system? how long should i wait till i receive more response from NVC?

Please reply if you have any information regarding this.

Thanks

I have the same approval date as you and I also submitted an email to NVC that is an autogenerated response they sent you. At this point it is another waiting game and it seems that a lot of people are beginning to experience this slowdown with NVC. Just keep calling every few days to see if there is any updates.

• 1 month later...

Some of the cases take up to 90 days to get from USCIS to NVC.

Some options:

Call USCIS and talk to several tier 2 to find out where your case is and when it is being sent

Make an infopass appointment and talk directly with the I-130 unit supervisor about where your file is and when it's being sent

Contact your congressman's liaison to make sure the file will be sent to the NVC and not the NRC and also get it moved on

Same as above only your senator's office

or... wait...

Before the local offices this really wasn't an issue, but because local offices weren't sure what to do with the I-130s to begin with they're less sure about what to do with them afterwards.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.