macattack

We got an RFE. How long is this process? and what is the statistic of getting approved?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

And we are yet worried again.

Today, We received an RFE. May 6, 2013
My question is what is the statistic of getting denied or approved?
and how long is this process going to take place?

I want to read the RFE Master List thread but I really don't know yet what they need from us.
god this is frustrating..... :( :( :(

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

i had an RFE also in Early March, as soon as i mailed in the supporting evidence, WHAM ! 1 week later got NOA2 . I just paid the 2 bills needed for NVC, the waiting continues =]. doo not stress about this RFE. it can be repaired by you.

[06.01.11] Courting Ruth Joy (chatmate)
[10.24.11] Fourth Trip to Philippines First to meet Ruth Joy
[11.08.11] Engauged to Ruth Joy
[11.05.12] Married to Ruth Joy
[01.11.13] Recieved NOA1 with MSC Reciept #
[03.11.13] Recieved RFE (Written Document of How and When We Met, + evidence of a bonified relationship)
[03.15.13] Sent out RFE Reply
[03.21.13] Recieved NOA2

[05.07.13] Fee's have been paid, packet sent to NVC

Timeline

Got an RFE as well in early March of last year, after receiving it, returned it the next day and after a week like Kody And Ruth BAM, BAM, tripple BAM, got NOA2. Just wait and see what is needed, good luck!

Timeline

Thank you everyone.. Yeah, this waiting is just making us crazy. And to top that they gave us something more to think about.
Right now we are thinking what the hell do they need? lol.
It's like a puzzle that cannot be solve even though you have put all your knowledge to it. it sucks! lol

Omg my rfe hard copy just arrived it says they only need my fiances NEW passport pic copy! How LAME is that? Good things Theres no prob for me though..

as the beneficiary

I cant say WHAM BAM KAPPOSH yet because im still waiting for the noa2 haha';-) ..

Edited by Micasa
event.png

Timeline

Omg my rfe hard copy just arrived it says they only need my fiances NEW passport pic copy! How LAME is that? Good things Theres no prob for me though..

as the beneficiary

I cant say WHAM BAM KAPPOSH yet because im still waiting for the noa2 haha';-) ..

how long did it take for you to received your hard copy?

We are a little worried because we had some issues..

1. He was married before but already divorced.

2. I was engaged to someone who is also an American and my petition got approved.

so this is kinda worrying us.. We don't know if we over lapse something or that our relationship looked suspicious to them.

this is killing meeeeeeeeeee......................... :(

April 20- First rfe notification

april 30- Second RFE notification

May 4- We received the hrd copy

May-6 we send the Req, to our lawyer.

now still waiting for the NOA2..

as for your prob.

I dont have much experience but when i researched I think you must have an original copy of your fiances divorce papers..

must be english. then in no,2 i really dont know bout that, ;-(

I think you must relax, keep calm don't worry..

YOu have to be really patient.. you will know that once you get the hard copy so chill.

Edited by Micasa
event.png

In our case VSC received our RFE response on March 1 until now we don't have decision yet...it's beyond 60 days...so frustrating!!! my fiance has criminal records that might be the reason...let's just hope and pray...God bless us all

Edited by terrificgrace

In our case VSC received our RFE response on March 1 until now we don't have decision yet...it's beyond 60 days...so frustrating!!! my fiance has criminal records that might be the reason...let's just hope and pray...God bless us all

1st RFE notification: Feb 20

2nd RFE notification: Feb 25

RFE hardcopy : Feb 28

Respond : March 5

USCIS received: March 11

NOA2: May 02

NOA2 hardcopy: May 6

I say no worries,... just a little more time to wait..

"All my life, without a doubt i give you, all my life, now and forever till the day i die, you and i will share" By: America
                                                               == I am the beneficiary==
AOS - K1 & K2
03-04-2014 ( Day 01) - Mailed
03-06-2014 ( Day 02) - Received
03-17-2014 ( Day 13) - Text and E-mail Notification at 12:50 am
03-21-2014 ( Day 17) - Received I-797C NOA (AOS, AP & EAD) hard copies - 6 mails
03-24-2014 ( Day 20) - Received I-797C NOA (ASC Appointment Notice/ Biometrics schedule) - 2 mails
04-09-2014 ( Day 36) - Biometrics Schedule @ 10&11am
05-30-2014 ( Day 87) - Received EAD combo card (K2 only)
06-09-2014 ( Day 97) - I 485 ( both k1 & k2 ) - Card / Document Production (no interview)
06-12-2014 ( Day 100)- I 485 ( both k1 & k2 ) - Mailed the new card
06-14-2014 ( Day 102)- GC ( both K1 & k2) - Received

Done.

ROC - K1 & K2

03-17-2016 ( Day 01) - Mailed

03-22-2016 ( Day 05) - NOA1

04-19-2016 ( Day 27) - Biometrics Appt. ( only K1 admitted, no K2 Bio Appt. letter received)

03-13-2017 ( Day 328) - Received Biometrics Appt. letter for K2 ( yes, almost a year of waiting!) Scheduled for March 22, 2017

03-22-2017 ( Day 337) - Biometrics Appt. (K2)

04-19-2017 ( Day 364)- USCIS status changed from "Case Was Received" to "Name Updated" (Only the K1 case)

04-26-2017 ( Day 371)-  USCIS status changed from " Name Updated" to "New Card Is Being Produced" ( both K1 and K2 app)

05-01-2017 ( Day 376)-   USCIS status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" ( K2 case)

05-02-2017 ( Day 377)-   USCIS status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" ( K1 case)

05-04-2017 ( Day 379)-  Received GC in the mail ( K2)

05-05-2017 ( Day 380)-  Received GC in the mail ( K1)

Done.

Naturalization

03-10-2017 ( Day 01) - Mailed

03-21-2017 ( Day 11) - Received Text and Email Notification

03-25-2017 ( Day 15) - Received NOA hardcopy

03-27-2017 ( Day 17) - USCIS website status changed " Fingerprint Appointment Was Scheduled"

04-12-2017 ( Day 33) - Biometrics/ Fingerprints & stamped passports for another 1 yr extension.

05-15-2017 ( Day 66) - "In Line for Interview" updated website status

05-17-2017 ( Day 68) - " Interview Was Scheduled" updated website status

05-25-2017 ( Day 76) - Received  the interview letter

06-26-2017 ( Day 108) - Interview Schedule

08-03-2017 ( Day 147)- Received notification online "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I got an RFE for not having all pages of the divorce decree's. The top copies showed that it had been filed, and the date etc., but they wanted the judges signature's. I got approved a week after they received my reply of the RFE. As long as you are legal to marry, and have not been in trouble with the law, don't worry. I worried too, but turned out to not be a big thing. I prayed too, that helps. :)

[/entry][/code]

s-event.png

[/entry][/code]

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.