Dieseltu

No priority date on my NOA2.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

im on the NVC site getting a number to call about my NVC number. And they say my NOA2 is susposed to have a priority date on it... It doesn't. Any problem with this. Here's what they say.

If your Priority Date meets the most recent Qualifying Date, the NVC will:

1. Invoice you for your visa application fees
  2. Collect your visa application and supporting documentation
  3. Hold your visa petition until an interview can be scheduled with a consular officer at a U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate General abroad.

If your Priority Date DOES NOT meet the most recent Qualifying Date, the NVC will notify you and hold your petition until your Priority Date meets the most recent Qualifying Date. The Department of State updates the Qualifying Dates on a monthly basis.

How Do I Know if My Priority Date Meets the Most Recent Qualifying Date? And What Does That Mean?

If your Priority Date is earlier than the Qualifying Date for your visa class and your foreign state chargeability, your Priority Date meets the most recent Qualifying Date and your petition is ready to begin processing at the NVC. Learn more by reviewing the Visa Bulletin.

How Do I Know What My Priority Date Is?

The USCIS assigned your immigrant visa petition a Priority Date when you filed it with USCIS. If you are unsure of your Priority Date, you should refer to the Approval Notice that you received from the USCIS.

Visa Questions

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Not applicable to K-1

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You don;t get one, because priority dates are for visa where there is a waitinglist, such as siblings of US citizens or adult kids- not for K1s or CR-1s.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

none of that is applicable to chasing a K-1 visa, sorry.

If you have the GUZ Casefile #, you are done with NVC.

Now you want to shift over to calling DoS Hotline every 3 days or so.

I've written about this before - what's up ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.