odellmar

Embassy location has been changed

22 posts in this topic

ranting33va.gif This is just mean. What was the point of responding to the post if you have nothing constructive to contribute to the OP's question.wow.gif His issue was having to obtain a visa to go somewhere for an interview to obtain a US visa.

There is nothing mean about it. I was trying to put things in perspective. Yeah, it does suck. But others have it worse than him. My contribution was that he cannot change it to Ukraine because he wants to.

A Polish visa for the purposes of an interview there will be easy to get and take a short amount of time. Plenty of people have done it before, even on this site. The Op could have figured this out on day 1, instead of being surprised by it after NOA2.

If you guys just want to idly complain, then okay. I'll leave you to that.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

I have to travel 2445+ miles when I have my interview. I'm looking at $500 just for FLIGHTS, never mind the accommodation I will need for the night. That's just the way it goes. If you want it bad enough, you find a way.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Okay, I can see it's time now. I'm sorry that I even ask this question. Showing this quote "Thank you for any help and input, Ollie" I was asking for positive help and input, I can see now that was just an impossible request.

Ollie

event.png

event.png

event.png

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Ollie,

My fiance lives in Minsk and just got our notice from the NVC, funny thing they do the tourist visa's in Kiev. We have been trying to plan ahead and when we got the notice telling us the interview process would be held in Warsaw was a bit upsetting for my fiance.

I am sure everything will work out. Many people before us have done this and we all will get through this.

I am still trying to find out where she needs to get her medical exam, if she need vaccinations. I have heard she may need educational documents and about finger printing.

Not sure if you have been through the whole process, if you have I would appreciate any information you could pass on, good luck.

Chuck

Timeline

Hi chuck,

I'm in Gomel with Nadia. That's South of Minsk. From my understanding, the medical exam can be done in Minsk. In Minsk you just go to one place, if done in Warsaw. You have to go to many different offices. Right now I trying to find information about a visa for Nadia for Poland. Will give you updates once we have completed some of the steps. My plan at the moment is to rent a car from Avis in Minsk, and drive to Poland. Hoping to will give us some flexibility.

Ollie

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Hi chuck,

I'm in Gomel with Nadia. That's South of Minsk. From my understanding, the medical exam can be done in Minsk. In Minsk you just go to one place, if done in Warsaw. You have to go to many different offices. Right now I trying to find information about a visa for Nadia for Poland. Will give you updates once we have completed some of the steps. My plan at the moment is to rent a car from Avis in Minsk, and drive to Poland. Hoping to will give us some flexibility.

Ollie

Hello Ollie & Nadia,

Thanks for your reply and look forward to your updates. I wrote to the embassy in Warsaw and actually got a response to some of my questions, they did not reply about the visa to Poland. From what I have read and what Tamara has found it seems it is not going to be as easy as I had hoped. Yes the medical exam can be done in Minsk, I guess they send a list of doctors in one of the packages. They do the finger printing at the embassy, no fee. And any vaccinations she will need are also in the package.

Good luck and god speed,

Chuck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.