Need Help: Second Interview!!!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

What country are you from?

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: Timeline

I agree with "mymarriagejourney". As an outsider, it seems a bit odd that your wife had absolutely no idea where you were working at present (at the time of the interview) and also who was actually supporting you guys. You don't need to be neither in business, nor in science to know these. Me and my husband share everything, and it would be hard for us to miss where each other are working, even if it was changing every second week. Same for the support. If someone was supporting us, we would know who is that important and yet very trustable person. My friend? My relative? My husband's best high school friend? Or one of his parent? It is hard not to remember these kind of things. Remember, they are not asking hard questions as your best high school friend's birthday. Who the heck cares on that? Although, I happen to know that too as my husband wanted us to celebrate his best high school friend's birthday. Now, I'm not judging you guys, but as an outsider, people believe that if two people are in a strong marriage, they eventually get to know tidbit of details of the other person's life that is actually not relevant, but somehow we get connected with their part of their life, and they also get connected with our part of life. I know all the peoples' name of my husband's workplace, and he knows likewise the name of those student that annoy me at school even though none of us ever met the other peoples. Anyway, try to share a lot more with each other, know where the other person's life is going. I think this what triggered for a second interview. Good luck!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i did not even know they actually do 2 interviews,i alway thought it was only one interview only,now i am nervous as mine is in May 15th....

It happens when they suspect fraud. This guy needs to worry because it sounds really fishy that his wife has no idea where he works and has no idea who is co-sponsoring him.

I don't think you should have the same issues.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

I can't really fathom not knowing where my wife worked, or who our sponsors or co-sponsors were (in my case, her Father). I can see why this would be looked on suspiciously in the interview. As for the rest of the document you posted, I'm fairly certain they only refer to that if they actually suspect fraud. And I would also guess you have to tick more than a couple of boxes too - for example, I can quite easily understand 'extreme nervousness' during an interview!

AOS JOURNEY FROM VISA WAIVER PROGRAM
EAD (I-765) APPROVED IN 30 DAYS
I-485 APPROVED IN 96 DAYS
• I-130 APPROVED IN 96 DAYS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Full timeline (click show)

Day 1 - April 10th, 2013 - I-485, I-130, I-765 Mailed

Day 2 - April 11th, 2013 - Delivery confirmation, Chicago

Day 9 - April 19th, 2013 - Text NOAs for all three - NBC

Day 12 - April 22nd, 2013 - NOAs in mail for all three - NBC

Day 15 - April 25th, 2013 - Biometric walk-in at Fort Worth

Day 28 - May 8th, 2013 - RFE received (I-485) - immediately responded by fax

Day 30 - May 10th, 2013 - EAD approved, card sent to production

Day 35 - May 15th, 2013 - RFE processed for I-485

Day 38 - May 18th, 2013 - EAD card arrives in mail!

Day 41 - May 21st, 2013 - I-485 updated to "Testing and Interview"

Day 51 - May 31st, 2013 - Interview scheduled for July 16th, Dallas

Day 62 - June 11th, 2013 - Started work as a Systems Engineer (IT)!

Day 96 - July 16th, 2013 - Approved at interview in Dallas, Texas! (I-485)

Day 96 - July 16th, 2013 - I-485 updated to "Card/Document production", I-485 updated to "Approved, mailed welcome letter", I-130 updated to "Approved"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 104 - July 24th, 2013 - Green Card arrives in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.