Niels Bohr

Advice for tourist Visa

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Thank you for sharing your stories. It seems that depending on who does the interviewing, and what day it was done it seems like. I'll try again with the help of the senator.

I don't want her to break the law when she gets here because I like her to be legal all the way.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Thank you for sharing your stories. It seems that depending on who does the interviewing, and what day it was done it seems like. I'll try again with the help of the senator.

That is not the case.

Why are you so keen on her visiting? You never said.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Good question.

My wife hasn't seen her real blood relative in over seven years. And, she grew up with this girl. Plus, the community I live in have like 3 Cambodian household. Not big. So, she kinda feels lonely.

We can all visit her in Cambodia, however, it costs more for all of us to visit. Not only that, we're only limited to two-three weeks because our vacation times differ. Round trip takes about one week. Two days to get there by plane, and two days to return. Time differential. So, we already lost time.

That's why. I'm not really upset. Like my wife to be happy.

That is not the case.

Why are you so keen on her visiting? You never said.

Timeline

Seems this embassy has a reputation of refusal of visa based on their mood.

My wife had problems getting her K3 visa 7 years ago because on her interview date, they reviewed my employment letter and said I had no income? #######. They didn't even read it. It explicitly said it. On her second interview she passed no problem because it was somebody different.

Good question.

My wife hasn't seen her real blood relative in over seven years. And, she grew up with this girl. Plus, the community I live in have like 3 Cambodian household. Not big. So, she kinda feels lonely.

We can all visit her in Cambodia, however, it costs more for all of us to visit. Not only that, we're only limited to two-three weeks because our vacation times differ. Round trip takes about one week. Two days to get there by plane, and two days to return. Time differential. So, we already lost time.

That's why. I'm not really upset. Like my wife to be happy.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

So, the help of the Senator didn't. I expect it as much.

Next step. Request their definition of "strong ties." From their website, it says:

Q: What are “ties to Cambodia”?

A: “Ties” are aspects of life that bind people to their place of residence, including, but not limited to, possessions, family relationships, employment, education, and prospects in Cambodia. As each person's situation is different, there are no set answers or documents as to what constitutes adequate ties.

I find this definition vague. My niece brought evidence of all her strong ties. One of their question is "Do you have any children?" Man, if they think that by having a baby would create strong ties. That is a lawsuit and judicial problem waiting to happen. I'm getting to the bottom of it. If they don't answer back to what their definition is, I'll do another privacy waiver to get that definition via the Senator.

Edited by Niels Bohr

Timeline

Just filed a complaint as well with the Department of State on the Celebrities using a B1 visa instead of worker visa to perform in US restaurants, clubs and getting paid for them. This is an automatic 10 year ban.

Oh. They'll have fun indeed investigating the US Phnom Penh building. Just because my niece is young, and don't have kids means that she can't even visit her aunt. This is total nonsense.

Edited by Niels Bohr

Timeline

Next step. Request their definition of "strong ties." From their website, it says:

A: “Ties” are aspects of life that bind people to their place of residence, including, but not limited to, possessions, family relationships, employment, education, and prospects in Cambodia. As each person's situation is different, there are no set answers or documents as to what constitutes adequate ties.

I find this definition vague. My niece brought evidence of all her strong ties. One of their question is "Do you have any children?" Man, if they think that by having a baby would create strong ties. That is a lawsuit and judicial problem waiting to happen. I'm getting to the bottom of it. If they don't answer back to what their definition is, I'll do another privacy waiver to get that definition via the Senator.

You quoted their definition?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Just filed a complaint as well with the Department of State on the Celebrities using a B1 visa instead of worker visa to perform in US restaurants, clubs and getting paid for them.

So who is doing this?

Timeline

Yeah.

That is what it says on their site. So, I'm hitting them back with a complaint on several popular celebrities coming to the US on a B1 visa and getting paid for their services. Wrong visa for that work. I know this will affect almost every Cambodian who wants an artist to visit the US. But, if the consular is not following the rules just as I did, well, that will deserve it's light in the media attention.

I work, have a four year university degree, my wife works. We pay taxes. We follow rules. We even followed rules so that her niece can visit. Unless they give us a direct definition, I will fight with them with other stuff.

You quoted their definition?

====================================================================================

To name a few singers, Pich Sophea, Preap Savath

So who is doing this?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

First, no foreign national has a right to visit the US.

Second, no US citizen has a right to "bring" a foreign national to the US to visit.

Third, the US Embassy's CO's decisions on visitor visas are final and unreviewable. So, no US court will hear a case about a visitor visa. (Google "visitor visa appeal" to check.

Fourth, no Senator is going to get you the definition. That's legal research. That's what you pay a law office to do. Senators' offices do not do the legal reasearch for you.

Just filed a complaint as well with the Department of State on the Celebrities using a B1 visa instead of worker visa to perform in US restaurants, clubs and getting paid for them. This is an automatic 10 year ban.

Oh. They'll have fun indeed investigating the US Phnom Penh building. Just because my niece is young, and don't have kids means that she can't even visit her aunt. This is total nonsense.

It's not total nonsense. As a visitor visa applicant, she is presumed to have immigrant intent. She needs to prove objectively that she does not. This has nothing to do with her being yound and having no kids as many people who are young and have no kids have been able to get visitor visas. It all depends on their personal circumstances.

And how does filing a complaint about someone else abusing the visitor visa going to help your niece?

Timeline

It won't help my cause. But, put pressure on the embassy.

Aaron2020, we proved all that. Just in the minds of the consulate, they think she's young and pretty. Because they made their definition vague, it enough for them to improvised their own definition of strong ties.

First, no foreign national has a right to visit the US.

Second, no US citizen has a right to "bring" a foreign national to the US to visit.

Third, the US Embassy's CO's decisions on visitor visas are final and unreviewable. So, no US court will hear a case about a visitor visa. (Google "visitor visa appeal" to check.

Fourth, no Senator is going to get you the definition. That's legal research. That's what you pay a law office to do. Senators' offices do not do the legal reasearch for you.

It's not total nonsense. As a visitor visa applicant, she is presumed to have immigrant intent. She needs to prove objectively that she does not. This has nothing to do with her being yound and having no kids as many people who are young and have no kids have been able to get visitor visas. It all depends on their personal circumstances.

And how does filing a complaint about someone else abusing the visitor visa going to help your niece?

Timeline

Yeah.

That is what it says on their site. So, I'm hitting them back with a complaint on several popular celebrities coming to the US on a B1 visa and getting paid for their services. Wrong visa for that work. I know this will affect almost every Cambodian who wants an artist to visit the US. But, if the consular is not following the rules just as I did, well, that will deserve it's light in the media attention.

I work, have a four year university degree, my wife works. We pay taxes. We follow rules. We even followed rules so that her niece can visit. Unless they give us a direct definition, I will fight with them with other stuff. The visitor visa has nothing to do with you so why bring this up? How does any of your stuff help your niece overcome the presumption of illegal immigration that ALL visa applicants must overcome?

====================================================================================

All this shows is that Cambodians abuse the visitor visa. How does this help your niece? Wouldn't abuse of the visitor visas by Cambodians make it harder for fellow Cambodians to visit the US?

Timeline

It won't help my cause. But, put pressure on the embassy.

Aaron2020, we proved all that. Just in the minds of the consulate, they think she's young and pretty. Because they made their definition vague, it enough for them to improvised their own definition of strong ties.

The US Embassy would disagree.

How did you "prove" that she has overcome the presumption of illegal immigration? All you have given is your great job and how you can pay for everything. How does any of that prove she will return home?

Timeline

How do you know what Visa's they have?

Timeline

Very simple.

They were here for fun, but, at the same time on their arrival a number of clubs and restaurants just asked them to appear for a performance and they'll get paid. So, they just show up because they want money.

There are artists visas, and such which I'm aware. If it requires a risk on my part to take a guess, I'd say they're abusing a traveler visa. Atleast it'll stir up investigation based on my complaint. I like to pressure them because they didn't accept the proof that my niece has that overcome her ties to Cambodia. So, a few 10 year ban on several celebs is no big deal to me. Might be for some people. But, since it's a perception problem with the embassy, they need to recognize the fact that some people even though they're young, married, don't have a child will return to Cambodia.

This is discrimination on a definition they defined in "ties to" Cambodia.

There are cases that certain people didn't even have all the documents they need to overcome the illegal immigration. They got tourist visas. So, what's so special about my niece? Well, this third time my wife and I will be present at the embassy. And, I will demand answers for that definition if it's not given to me. I have every right as a citizen to become empowered to get an exact definition.

How do you know what Visa's they have?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.