samy + janet aly

Weird response from embassy

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Here is the response i got back yesterday from the US Embassy in cairo on an email i sent asking about what are the next steps we are looking at after they received the paperwork from USCIS for reaffirmation......

Please note that we have received the waiver’s response, however the case is still going under admin processing. Whenever this process is completed, you will be notified.

My biggest concern is the , whenever part. sounds like to me they are saying when they get to it they will get to it....lol.....and the however part too. My husband is not liking their choice of words....

any suggestions, please advise!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Difficult to know how to interpret, but I would say it sounds like the waiver is approved, but he is still under AP (extra security/ name checks- very common for males from his country).

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I would so ask your senator to send a request on the timeframe status....they seem to give them more information.(at least in my case they did). Maybe it Will get them to act more quickly...I am so happy u are finally at this step!!!! So now you are waiting for another interview or just approval on visa processing?? Best wishes Always

Timeline

I would so ask your senator to send a request on the timeframe status....they seem to give them more information.(at least in my case they did). Maybe it Will get them to act more quickly...I am so happy u are finally at this step!!!! So now you are waiting for another interview or just approval on visa processing?? Best wishes Always

I do have that in mind. i am a little scared too since last year i got the congressmans office involved i feel that is what sparked this whole thing. they ( the embassy) is suppose to respond back to a congressional inquiry within 48 hours and it took them a week to respond back and that is when all heck broke loose and they sent us back.

i want to ask them why the AP again. they see we have been reaffirmed for visa processing. my husband said give them 2 weeks and see what they do . after that if we hear nothing i will email again.

i checked today and they updated the interview list for may but we are not on it.

Timeline

Difficult to know how to interpret, but I would say it sounds like the waiver is approved, but he is still under AP (extra security/ name checks- very common for males from his country).

i emailed them again but asked about " waiver's response" and they say:

Please note that we have received the NVC’s response on your case, however the case is still going under admin processing. At this stage no further documents are required.

we went thru 5 months of AP last year before they sent us back to USCIS for review, then we waited over 8 months before we got reaffirmed, then to DOS with 2 weeks of AP there and now we are back at the embassy we are in AP again.....they did all security checks and background checks. i so want to ask them why AP again.

Timeline

the truth is that egypt is full of radicalised islamists who would like to come to USA to blow stuff up. the AP you are going thru is designed to weed them out.

honestly i think that is crazy. when you have proven yourself not once but twice to these people for over 2 years, it is still the same. good people trying to make a life with each other.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.