235 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I am sure that you will receive your hard copy very soon. I forgot to include my fiancee's orignal divorce decree. I only sent the translated copy. Like Takeo, I found myself apologizing to my fiancee as well because this was clearly my fault.

I'm pretty sure that I will have to join you both in apologizing to my fiance since I'm the one who prepared all the paperwork :) Thanks for the input and advice buddy!

Sincerely,
Ramsey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well our RFE hard copy finally arrived on 29th April. First email was 19th April, 2nd email 24th.

My fiance didn't send in the right part of his divorce papers plus he forgot to sign the G325a (Biometrics)!

All the other bits that I could triple check, I had.

Oh well, now to just get him to start photocopying the right papers! Being engaged to the world champion at procrastination when it comes to paperwork means he MAY get round to it in the next week or so!

It is discouraging to receive an RFE after such a long wait but I kept saying, well we must have filed something wrong. The RFE is not their fault it is ours. So this delay is no longer the fault of USCIS but the fault of my fiance and I. Oh well, hopefully in the next month or two we will have our approval.

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I'm pretty sure that I will have to join you both in apologizing to my fiance since I'm the one who prepared all the paperwork smile.png Thanks for the input and advice buddy!

I hope to get the hard copy in the next few days. I check the mailbox with anticipation every day. In the meantime, my fiance and I are discussing the next steps, getting a photo album together, talking about when we first met, calling around about the medical evaluation, etc. Prior to the RFE, I booked a flight to Japan, couldn't wait for CSC any longer. My fiance's mother is also sending us to Spain as a gift, a pre-honeymoon I guess, although living in Hawaii is pretty much a honeymoon! Aloha!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Anyone know if the lawyer gets the RFE or will I (or both of us)?

I thought the lawyer would save us from this step, guess I was wrong, what a waste, wish I would have found this site last year.

ucxi92z6o.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

i received an email on april 26 that a notification for rfe had been sent, do i need to get a second notification???even though i was hoping for a NOA2 im very happy to get a rfe because it means that im so much closer to be married to my fiancee, i will keep you guys updated when my hard copy comes in the mail,,hopefully its soon

Timeline

Anyone know if the lawyer gets the RFE or will I (or both of us)?

I thought the lawyer would save us from this step, guess I was wrong, what a waste, wish I would have found this site last year.

I'd assume they will mail to your address, which is why they request that if you move, you submit a change of address. Did you or your lawyer get the hard copy of NOA1?

Timeline

well i just got the answer to my question i have just received my second notification that a RFE has been sent,, so now again the waiting game begins

Hang in there. Others have gotten the hard copy within a few days of the second notice, especially since you live in California. Please share the reason for the RFE when you get it!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I hope to get the hard copy in the next few days. I check the mailbox with anticipation every day. In the meantime, my fiance and I are discussing the next steps, getting a photo album together, talking about when we first met, calling around about the medical evaluation, etc. Prior to the RFE, I booked a flight to Japan, couldn't wait for CSC any longer. My fiance's mother is also sending us to Spain as a gift, a pre-honeymoon I guess, although living in Hawaii is pretty much a honeymoon! Aloha!

Takeo, I've been checking my mailbox in anticipation as well, I hope to get it soon so I can turn it around and ship it overnight !! Glad that you will be visiting your fiance in Japan and Spain soon, that's AWESOME! and even more awesome that you live in Hawaii, that's where I'm going for my honeymoon :) Mauii

I will do so, and yes hopefully i will get it this week

lovelylovegia, I received my second notice yesterday so I will let you know when I receive mine, hopefully you will get yours 1 day after since we are both in California ;)

Sincerely,
Ramsey

Timeline

I'd assume they will mail to your address, which is why they request that if you move, you submit a change of address. Did you or your lawyer get the hard copy of NOA1?

I received a copy, not sure if lawyer did.

ucxi92z6o.png

Timeline

Good to hear that! Is your RFE an easy fix?

Sorry, meant NOA1, was answering question. I got second text message so I guess it is in the mail now, will see maybe Friday if we are lucky.

ucxi92z6o.png

Timeline

Sorry, meant NOA1, was answering question. I got second text message so I guess it is in the mail now, will see maybe Friday if we are lucky.

I see, well it should be going to you then. Good luck with that!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.