sarah and hicham

Tattoos and piercings

57 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I am not a Muslim scholar ... and VP or szsz (whatever the name sorry) could probably give you exact quotes.

Here is what I know :

Tattoos are haram becaue you are changing yourself permanently. We go back to our creator the same way we came. A tattoo is very permanent. Plus, what can be so important that you must have it tattooed across your body ? Remember there is nonone greater than Allah. I have always thought tattoes were weird cuz I just never understood them. Why peole want to go through pain and suffering to get a name, picture, fruit, or some other thing needled a million times in their body is beyond me.

Anyways as far as earings go I have heard that they are haram except in the ears. The reason for this is because the slaves wore earings in their nose and other parts of their body and were dragged by them. I have 2 piercings in each ear. However, I have also heard as far as piercings go that if your husband asks you to get it than you can. Like if your husband dreams of his wife having a belly ring and thinks it would be so sexy if you got one ... than you can. But noone can see it excpet him. Allaho alam what the truth is.

Soooooooooo that's Massouna's information. Again, I always post what I know based on my culture and religion. VP and szsz could do a much better job.

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Seeing as the vast majority of these discussions go SO badly here, I am curious why someone would start a thread essentially knowing where it will go.

Is that the case here? Surely there are other fora more appropriate for learning about your faith?

The regional forums here are intended to be a place to trade 'local' notes about Embassies etc. Seems to me that these types of topics stretch the intended use of VJ. Beyond what a polite guest would do.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Seeing as the vast majority of these discussions go SO badly here, I am curious why someone would start a thread essentially knowing where it will go.

Is that the case here? Surely there are other fora more appropriate for learning about your faith?

The regional forums here are intended to be a place to trade 'local' notes about Embassies etc. Seems to me that these types of topics stretch the intended use of VJ. Beyond what a polite guest would do.

I started this thread in this forum because it is for regional discussion and I believe that questions about Islam fit in here as this forum is the Middle East and North Africa forum which are generally Muslim countries. :star:

Timeline

I started this thread in this forum because it is for regional discussion and I believe that questions about Islam fit in here as this forum is the Middle East and North Africa forum which are generally Muslim countries. :star:

Which does not answer the questions I asked.

This is an immigration related site. The admin offered a regional area to contain travel, moving, local getting-around info that is related to the immigration process.

Add a cup of:

These conversations have consistantly turned into flame wars, hurt feelings and outright cruelty with a sprinkle of ignorance and intolerance.

Starting to look like a recipe for disaster?

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Timeline

This is an immigration related site. The admin offered a regional area to contain travel, moving, local getting-around info that is related to the immigration process.

Add a cup of:

These conversations have consistantly turned into flame wars, hurt feelings and outright cruelty with a sprinkle of ignorance and intolerance.

You are correct that this is an immigration site. Is this the first thread that you have seen in this forum that doesn't pertain to the things you mentioned above? :no: Why can't we talk about religious issues having to do with a man from the Middle East immigrating to American and how to handle cultural differences?

Timeline

Add a cup of:

You are correct that this is an immigration site. Is this the first thread that you have seen in this forum that doesn't pertain to the things you mentioned above? :no: Why can't we talk about religious issues having to do with a man from the Middle East immigrating to American and how to handle cultural differences?

That's your story? You're sticking to it?

OK. :thumbs:

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Timeline

here is what is says under regional forums: This Forum is dedicated to discussion on the major regions around the world. Topics of discussion may include travel, moving, what to eat and any other experience you may wish to share or inquire about. Have fun!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Soooooooooo that's Massouna's information. Again, I always post what I know based on my culture and religion. VP and szsz could do a much better job.

Thank you for the acknowledgement, LB, but I'm not going to try to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear anymore.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
As a 3 year member of VJ, I pick which piles of poo to step in and this is not one of them.

Haram.

Jackie

i always knew you were wise :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

When we first start talking I told Othman about my tattoos. He wanted me to show him alot. He accepted my two tattoos but he does not want me to get anymore cuz he says he wants to see my skin. I have paw prints on my leg and his family saw them when I was there. They were curious about them. Also, I have one on my arm.

Othman is pretty liberal I think about some things.

Lavon (F)

Lavon USA

Othman MOROCCO

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband says they are gross and abnormal ;) j/k

He does say they are both haram, with the exception of piercings in the ears.

Why would piercings in the ears be the exception? Just curious.

Because there is evidence in the Sunnah that women wore earrings, including companions of the Prophet, without it being a problem.

Ah. Good to know. Even more curious, did they have one in each lobe or more?

Pretty interesting to think about the fashions in of Mohammed's time...

Would that also apply to the traditional Berber tatoos that women have? I know its less and less these days and always has been berber culture not Islam. Curious.

Good example of how Amazigh culture in Morocco (Berbers) predate Islam. You never see younger women with face tattoos anymore. Someone needs to get out and document these women before this practice completely disappears. It is considered "haram" but is one of those things that is so pervasive as to be uniquely Moroccan "halal."

Why would piercings in the ears be the exception? Just curious.

Because there is evidence in the Sunnah that women wore earrings, including companions of the Prophet, without it being a problem.

Would that also apply to the traditional Berber tatoos that women have? I know its less and less these days and always has been berber culture not Islam. Curious.

I asked. He says haram is haram. No exception for the Berbers :lol:

yeah I should have seen that coming. I'll have to ask my berber :lol:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.