mmiller2001

I Just Confused Myself

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I haven't received my NOA2 yet, but I feel it's time to prep. So I'm reading a guide about NVC and woops, I think I was reading one I wasn't supposed to read. K1 NVC process is pretty much handled by my foreign fiance, correct? I know I read a K1 specific NVC guide but the search bar hates me. I can't find it. The K1 flow chart links to a page of forms I can download but which ones are NVC specific? I want her to practice filling them out. Grrrrr, I have 50 bizillion bookmarks but failed to bookmark that guide.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I haven't received my NOA2 yet, but I feel it's time to prep. So I'm reading a guide about NVC and woops, I think I was reading one I wasn't supposed to read. K1 NVC process is pretty much handled by my foreign fiance, correct? I know I read a K1 specific NVC guide but the search bar hates me. I can't find it. The K1 flow chart links to a page of forms I can download but which ones are NVC specific? I want her to practice filling them out. Grrrrr, I have 50 bizillion bookmarks but failed to bookmark that guide.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry but there is NO NVC process at all for K-1. They assign a case number and forward it directly to the interviewing embassy/consul. NO forms NO information no nothing is sent to the NVC.

The information for Philippines specific forms and paperwork is found in the Philippines forums of this website.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Sorry but there is NO NVC process at all for K-1. They assign a case number and forward it directly to the interviewing embassy/consul. NO forms NO information no nothing is sent to the NVC.

The information for Philippines specific forms and paperwork is found in the Philippines forums of this website.

Oh, hmm, well...um shucks...I thought the packet sent from the embassy, to her, was "NVC". And thank you for the information. I'm off to the Philippines....section!

event.png

It's unclear from your posts whether you are the petitioner or the beneficiary. No matter. For Manila-bound petitions, here's what to do when the I-129F petition is approved:

1. A couple of weeks after the petitioner receives USCIS approval of the I-129F petition, the petitioner should start calling the National Visa Center (NVC) every day until the petitioner gets their MNL case number.

2. When the petitioner and the beneficiary have their MNL case number, the beneficiary can pay the visa application fee at BPI.

3. Four to 24 hours after paying the visa application fee at BPI, either the petitioner or the beneficiary can schedule an Embassy interview appointment. The interview appointment can be scheduled either online or by phone.

4. Don't wait for the Embassy to send the beneficiary a letter telling them that they are eligible to schedule an interview and giving them interview preparation instructions. The wait for this letter will set you back a month or more. Some beneficiaries never receive the letter. Instead, just get the MNL case number from the NVC, pay the visa application fee, and schedule an interview.

5. Once the interview is scheduled, the beneficiary can complete the medical at St. Lukes.

The petitioner and the beneficiary can prepare for the interview by reading the Embassy letter. Here's the link.

Timeline

It's unclear from your posts whether you are the petitioner or the beneficiary. No matter. For Manila-bound petitions, here's what to do when the I-129F petition is approved:

1. A couple of weeks after the petitioner receives USCIS approval of the I-129F petition, the petitioner should start calling the National Visa Center (NVC) every day until the petitioner gets their MNL case number.

2. When the petitioner and the beneficiary have their MNL case number, the beneficiary can pay the visa application fee at BPI.

3. Four to 24 hours after paying the visa application fee at BPI, either the petitioner or the beneficiary can schedule an Embassy interview appointment. The interview appointment can be scheduled either online or by phone.

4. Don't wait for the Embassy to send the beneficiary a letter telling them that they are eligible to schedule an interview and giving them interview preparation instructions. The wait for this letter will set you back a month or more. Some beneficiaries never receive the letter. Instead, just get the MNL case number from the NVC, pay the visa application fee, and schedule an interview.

5. Once the interview is scheduled, the beneficiary can complete the medical at St. Lukes.

The petitioner and the beneficiary can prepare for the interview by reading the Embassy letter. Here's the link.

Okay, I see my mistake. I was thinking NVC was more of a "timeframe”, the moments after NOA2 and all that has to be accomplished prior to the embassy interview. Yes, I'm the petitioner and thank you! Your link is exactly what I was looking for. Is it a sticky somewhere? It should be if it's not.

Thank you both very much.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.