confusedn400

oath and passport conundrum

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

so my oath is on apr 29th and i am travelling abroad on may 25th. so i was thinking, instead of applying for passport on 29th, can i just go to passport office on 13th/14th and get passport on same day?

i am in chicago btw, and wanted to see if you guys have any feedback or ideas for me?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The way it works, if in no rush and no deadlines, will get your passport almost instantly. But if you do have a deadline, either your application will be misplaced or something about it will be questioned.

You can make an appointment with the DOS within two weeks of your travel date, and they will want to see your plane ticket. Read the instructions three times and make absolutely sure you have everything and your form is 100% perfect.

Any news about your wife?

You can apply for a same day passport if you have proof of travel within 2 weeks.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tanzania
Timeline

I would advice you not to apply on the 29th incase you don't get it by May 25th.

If you apply 2 weeks your travel, and you have proof of travel..go to the passport agency as early as May 10th and apply for your passport.

-Make sure you call for an appointment

-have proof of travel

-Passport size pics

-all required paperwork

-Fees

Here is the link:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/agencies/agencies_905.html

Jan 1999- F1 to USA

June 2006- AOS thru D.O.R.A.

Dec 2009- Oath. Finally a U.S Citizen

I am proud to be Tanzamerican!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.