We Keep Receipts

Jamie Foxx's T-shirt causes an outrage

291 posts in this topic

http://mediaoutrage.com/2013/04/16/racism-is-alive-and-well-jamie-foxx-rocks-a-trayvon-martin-shirt-to-the-mtv-movie-awards-and-racist-tweets-soon-follow/

Jamie Foxx decided to represent for Trayvon Martin during the MTV movie awards and boy-oh-boy did that spark off some very racist tweets. Trayvon’s face is surrounded by victims of the Newtown shooting…

Peep the racism after the jump:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Jamie Foxx decided to represent for Trayvon Martin during the MTV movie awards and boy-oh-boy did that spark off some very racist tweets. Trayvon’s face is surrounded by victims of the Newtown shooting…

i actually don't understand his shirt. what correlation was the shirt attempting to make between newtown and tm?

i actually don't understand his shirt. what correlation was the shirt attempting to make between newtown and tm?

He was saying there is no justice for the victims of either shooting. They newtown shooter killed himself rather than go to jail, and George Zimmerman remains free on bond.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

He was saying there is no justice for the victims of either shooting. They newtown shooter killed himself rather than go to jail, and George Zimmerman remains free on bond.

hmm. the comparison or inclusion of newtown is weird still, because like you said, the shooter is dead.

but considering the racial overtones of the trayvon martin murder, i would expect a certain group to get riled up and bothered over a tshirt meant to support the demand for justice.

Talk about apples and oranges.

Not really, the whole point was that innocent kids were killed. I have yet to discover what Trayvon Martin was doing that earned him a death sentence.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Not really, the whole point was that innocent kids were killed. I have yet to discover what Trayvon Martin was doing that earned him a death sentence.

That's what trials are for.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

well i think when a 17 year old is on top of someone trying to beat them to death it is just a tad different than gunning down a 2nd grader in cold blood.

Agreeably there is a lot of speculation about Zimmerman and his actions. TM did attack him. I don't think that is in dispute. Was it provoked. The jury will decide.

The same as Newtown .. Come on.. That is absurd.

Timeline

People died. The similarities end there. He should have put something on his shirt about the earthquake, tsunami and subsequent nuclear meltdown in Japan as well.

That's what trials are for.

That case stinks, and there are too many holes in George's story.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

well i think when a 17 year old is on top of someone trying to beat them to death it is just a tad different than gunning down a 2nd grader in cold blood.

Agreeably there is a lot of speculation about Zimmerman and his actions. TM did attack him. I don't think that is in dispute. Was it provoked. The jury will decide.

The same as Newtown .. Come on.. That is absurd.

The question is, what did George do to put himself in that situation. Last time I checked(and it's been verified over and over again, but for some reason, folks refuse to see it) that kid was walking home minding his own business. A grown man took it upon himself to follow him in a car, then get out of his car and chase him down. Not once did he try to identify himself when TM was in the open. he called the cops and then pursued him like a criminal.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

So you think GZ just got out of his vehicle. Killed TM, the then beat his head against the cement to make it appear as if he had been assaulted ?

The problem is the Media tried to make TM look like a 13 year old angel, when in fact he was a 17 year old punk. Plain and simple. he had a behavior pattern of drug use, vandalism and theft. Does they mean he should have died. Hell no. I was a bad kid also. Are those things a good indicator that he was a troubled youth and not quite the angel that he was portrayed. Yes.

Just saying. Nothing like Newtown or even close. GZ will have his day in court and the facts will come out.

Timeline

Maybe so. But to compare it to a bunch of 4th graders being slaughtered at an elementary school is pretty insulting to the families of the dead children IMO. Talk about being opportunistic.

So you think GZ just got out of his vehicle. Killed TM, the then beat his head against the cement to make it appear as if he had been assaulted ?

The problem is the Media tried to make TM look like a 13 year old angel, when in fact he was a 17 year old punk. Plain and simple. he had a behavior pattern of drug use, vandalism and theft. Does they mean he should have died. Hell no. I was a bad kid also. Are those things a good indicator that he was a troubled youth and not quite the angel that he was portrayed. Yes.

Just saying. Nothing like Newtown or even close. GZ will have his day in court and the facts will come out.

A 17 year old "punk" who didn't seem to be doing anything other than buying candy and walking home from the store. That was literally all he had to do to get GZ's suspicions. Wear a hoodie and walk through a neighborhood and that's enough for GZ to not only follow him, but call the cops.

There's no way of knowing whether TM or GZ struck first. But it seems very clear that the conflict was initiated by GZ feeling it was within his power and his rights to follow a kid and ask him questions about what he was doing, when it sounds like he was minding his own business.

Who cares if TM was 17 and suspended from high school? That's all it takes to make him a "punk"? Does that mean he was automatically doing something worthy of being followed in the dark by a stranger? GZ had a record, so let's not pretend he's just some upstanding citizen looking out for his neighborhood either.

I know if I were being followed by a man at night that I might be a little freaked out.

Edited by Evylin