Bayareaguy

My Congressman did/did not/maybe helped me get an NOA2

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We contacted our congressman Matt Salmon. His immigration rep Sherry (I don't know her last name) was extremely helpful. My fiance filled out the privacy forms and made some phone calls. The applied to expedite out case and were turned down. They were extremely helpful but didn't get anywhere.

I'm wondering if it's worth contacting them again after our 6 month date? They were helpful. Does anyone have any ideas?

(I'm sorry if I sound disrespectful to those waiting from July to August. I don't meant to be. Now that CSC has come to what looks to be a near stop in activity again anxiety is climbing as I know it is for everyone.)

• 3 months later...

Senator Ron Wyden - Advised us by letter that he had wrote to CSC

Congressman DiFazio - Received reply today (18thApril) Standard letter asking us for info we had already supplied.

We are in Southern Oregon

Did they help? Hard to tell now since CSC is moving so fast but in this case I would say no they didn't.

Hi Oregon Bound... I grew up in Grants Pass :)

Anyway, I contacted Congresswoman Virginia Foxx at the 7 month mark. Form response, but then she kept inquiring... approval at 8 month mark.

Contacted Senator Richard Burr, who immediately asked for a privacy form, but by then it was approved.

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1
10/04/12 - NoA2 (210 days)

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1
08/15/13 - NoA2 (199 days)

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

11/02/15 - NoA2 (164 days)

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

03/16/17 - Oath Ceremony (217 days)

US citizen

Total time start to finish: 5 years, 12 days (1,838 days)

State: North Dakota
Congressman: Kevin Cramer

1. During the JUN-OCT 2012 CSC Blackhole, just on 5th month mark, Christopher sent an email to Congressman Cramer's office. Their constituent services replied and sent out privacy authorization forms. After a few weeks, our I-129F case was approved.

2. After the Interview, we had 221g and sent in all the docs but was stuck in AP for almost a month. We contacted them through email and within 12 hours they replied. Said they have contacts at DoS who have sent out an official inquiry on our case, directly in contact with the Consular Office at the US Embassy in Manila. Within 5 days, my visa was issued. :)

(Sorry, delayed post. Just saw this thread.)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

State: Illinois

Senator: Richard Durbin

Result: Too soon to tell

Applied I-129F on January 8, 2013. Was approved June 24, 2013. Sent back paperwork July 12, 2013. Waiting for P4 since then.

My fiancée's son turns 21 in November, so we are concerned that there will not be time after P4, for them to get medical exam, then interview, and then actually travel here before he turns 21.

So I wrote Senator Durbin, explaining all this, asking him to look into this, and "I would appreciate any help you could offer on this matter." I provided copies of all documents, I filled out the "Authorization for Release of Information", and sent it by US Mail, to his Chicago office. 1 week later, I received a reply, saying he had assigned it to his Senatorial Aide Tran xxxxxx, who would investigate. Please allow 30-60 days for results.

I am hopeful that he will help with the situation, in my mind I think that it may be good that he assigned it to a staffer who is a possible immigrant himself (or herself). 30 days would be good, but a 60 day response would be cutting it close. So right now, there is hope for this to be resolved soon.

So the jury is still out on whether he will be able to help.

• 8 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I notice Congressman Mike Honda in my district is up for re-election, and he actually has a formidable opponent this time.

Now is a good time to make you voices heard...if he helped you, you may want to support him.

If he didn't help you, you may want to support his opponent.

I will be celebrating his defeat, if it happens. :dancing:

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, well, well...

Honda narrowly won his election again in 2014, but the truth is coming out. I guess I needed to send him a $pecial request to get help:

http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Honda-ethics-probe-how-it-s-going-to-play-6415281.php

"Rep. Mike Honda, who has survived eight election campaigns, is facing his toughest political battle yet — a House ethics investigation that includes allegations he maintained a list of top donors called the “1,000 Cranes” who were fast-tracked for VIP treatment on matters like visas and constituent service."

Honda, what a friggin @h0le.

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.