vanessa27

Husband lives in ecuador/guayaquil

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The NVC has received the AOS and IV packets on april 9th. How long, more or less, from this point until the actual interview in Ecuador guayaquil?? What would be our next step?? I am just worried because i have heard a lot of stuff about gye consulate, i also would like to know if i have to assist to the interview since i started a new job it would be difficult to travel but if it is necessary i will try to ask for permition. thanks for the help and info.

The NVC has received the AOS and IV packets on april 9th. How long, more or less, from this point until the actual interview in Ecuador guayaquil?? What would be our next step?? I am just worried because i have heard a lot of stuff about gye consulate, i also would like to know if i have to assist to the interview since i started a new job it would be difficult to travel but if it is necessary i will try to ask for permition. thanks for the help and info.

According to most, it's pretty much necessary for you to accompany your husband to his interview.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

According to most, it's pretty much necessary for you to accompany your husband to his interview.

thank, thats what i tought ...im just hoping they call me very soon to give me an interview date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Expect a long wait. I sent my AOS and IV packages at the end of February, got my case complete on March fifth, and am STILL waiting to hear about an interview. I've contacted the consulate on several occasions, and have been told that all May interviews are already full, and to expect an interview in "future months". At this point, getting an interview for June would be something to throw a party over.

Also, do everything in your power to get to that interview. Many people have been refused at the interview, and told to come back at a later date with the USC or else there would be no visa given.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

Also, please update your timeline! There are VERY few current Ecu-filers for CR-1/IR-1 visas (counting you and me, there are three of us) so absolutely any bit of information possible is a big help!

timeline.gif

Edited by oohpartiv

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

Expect a long wait. I sent my AOS and IV packages at the end of February, got my case complete on March fifth, and am STILL waiting to hear about an interview. I've contacted the consulate on several occasions, and have been told that all May interviews are already full, and to expect an interview in "future months". At this point, getting an interview for June would be something to throw a party over.

Also, do everything in your power to get to that interview. Many people have been refused at the interview, and told to come back at a later date with the USC or else there would be no visa given.

i cant believe you are still waiting =( i really thought i was close to finish this process. thanks for the info provided i defenitly not getting my hopes on no more....good luck to u

Timeline

i cant believe you are still waiting =( i really thought i was close to finish this process. thanks for the info provided i defenitly not getting my hopes on no more....good luck to u

Believe me, I was just as disappointed as you are. After finishing up at NVC, I was expecting to get an April interview and finally be done with everything, but as always, Guayaquil has everything all messed up. sad.gif At this point, if you were to get a July interview it would be lucky. Lots of luck to both of us! Here's to hoping things pick up soon.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

Believe me, I was just as disappointed as you are. After finishing up at NVC, I was expecting to get an April interview and finally be done with everything, but as always, Guayaquil has everything all messed up. At this point, if you were to get a July interview it would be lucky. Lots of luck to both of us! Here's to hoping things pick up soon.

I will figure out how to update my timeline and ill do it.......you should keep calling everyday probably they will get tired of all the calling...this doesnt make sense why do we have to wait a lot...suppostly of what i read we dont have to wait for a visa interview slot. Usually C1 types have "priority" ay...

Timeline

I will figure out how to update my timeline and ill do it.......you should keep calling everyday probably they will get tired of all the calling...this doesnt make sense why do we have to wait a lot...suppostly of what i read we dont have to wait for a visa interview slot. Usually C1 types have "priority" ay...

Guayaquil is just slow. They still haven't updated the DOS Consulate website with April interviews, even though we're halfway through April. And I thought the same thing - that'd we'd get a rather speedy interview. I've had two close friends go through the process (One had their interview in July 2011, and other in October 2012) and neither of them had to wait more than two weeks. It looks like they've just gotten backlogged. sad.gif

If you can, try to stay active here on VJ, so the few Ecu-filers that have found each other on here can keep in touch and try to get a better idea of how things are going for the others. If nothing else, at least we can complain together. tongue.gif

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

Guayaquil is just slow. They still haven't updated the DOS Consulate website with April interviews, even though we're halfway through April. And I thought the same thing - that'd we'd get a rather speedy interview. I've had two close friends go through the process (One had their interview in July 2011, and other in October 2012) and neither of them had to wait more than two weeks. It looks like they've just gotten backlogged. sad.gif

If you can, try to stay active here on VJ, so the few Ecu-filers that have found each other on here can keep in touch and try to get a better idea of how things are going for the others. If nothing else, at least we can complain together. tongue.gif

jaja sure we will complaint lol..this is so stressful ....Im just crossing my fingers to get an interview btw may and august because i have summer break from school and i will have to just deal with work time off......YEs!! i thought they updated the interview dates every M"monday" i should call tomorrow and complain lol...ohh lord!!! my husband called the other day and they told him that our casse is still in the usa...i knew that but i thought they we able to do something abt it but nooo! in my dreams maybe... :bonk:

Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

(Organizer hat off)

Believe what we're telling you: it's crucial that you be there at the consulate when your husband is interviewed.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

(Organizer hat off)

Believe what we're telling you: it's crucial that you be there at the consulate when your husband is interviewed.

i decided to go...just waiting for the interviw date so i can arrange evrything and travel thanks=)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.