pachacuti

4 approvals at CSC for the week

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Don't be fooled. There has been no significant change at CSC. They appear to have gone backwards this week. Grrrrr.

PS. Yes, I know this is from Igor's List...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Slower than molasses in February.

In looking at the past data, one thing I've noticed bothers me, and that is that even though past history shows that they have the ability to process a lot of petitions to catch up, it is always a gradual ramp up. Meaning, while we are hoping for the floodgates to be released and see 3-4, or more a day on Igor's list, the past data seems to suggest it will be gradual, meaning the average time will continue to increase until they slowly increase their levels and get to approving more than they receive.

This does not bode well for those later than mine.

Timeline

You'll be at 4.5 months by mid-April. Are you planning to take some action soon? (if you haven't already)

Maybe you'll be one of the first in an ongoing trend of 5-5.5 month processing times. :)

02-27-2013 I-129F Packet Sent
03-03-2013 I-129F Packet Delivery
03-04-2013 NOA1 (text/email)
03-08-2013 A Number Changed
03-09-2013 Received NOA1 hardcopy
06-13-2013 Approved in 99 Days!
06-15-2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy
06-28-2013 Received MNL Case Number
07-08-2013 Manila Embassy Interview scheduled
07-22-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 1
07-23-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 2 - Passed!
08-31-2013 Arrived in Manila
09-02-2013 CFO - PASSED
09-03-2013 Manila Embassy Interview - APPROVED
09-05-2013 Visa Issued
09-09-2013 Visa ready for pick up at SM MOA
09-18-2013 Picked up passport and got CFO sticker

09-22-2013 Departed from Manila
10-04-2013 Fiancee departs for U.S.

Timeline

You'll be at 4.5 months by mid-April. Are you planning to take some action soon? (if you haven't already)

Maybe you'll be one of the first in an ongoing trend of 5-5.5 month processing times. :)

I'm going down to Peru to be with my fiancee and my son for a couple of weeks, so I won't be taking any action until May or so. But soon it will be my turn to whine :)

Mark

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's just plain crazy. I spent yesterday in tears and I don't feel much better today. We wrote to the ombudsman, he replied, we wrote again, he ignored, we wrote again, he ignored again.

Congressman's office has not responded to my fiance. He isn't able to chase them up just now with his work commitments.

Sat here wondering what else I can do. So depressed with the whole situation. I only want to be with the man I love and red tape doesn't allow us that yet :(

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Timeline

Bizarre! I remember CSC being faster than VSC last year !

The whole system is insane - everyone pays over$300 for this pathetic service

Why does the petition have to move 3 states before going overseas??

Completely illogical - I can now understand why many people enter illegally

Timeline

It's just plain crazy. I spent yesterday in tears and I don't feel much better today. We wrote to the ombudsman, he replied, we wrote again, he ignored, we wrote again, he ignored again.

Congressman's office has not responded to my fiance. He isn't able to chase them up just now with his work commitments.

Sat here wondering what else I can do. So depressed with the whole situation. I only want to be with the man I love and red tape doesn't allow us that yet :(

Try not to despair- this whole process is a farce - don't let the petty bureaucracy get to you-

Timeline

Once you realize that the people working at the USCIS and CSC are at the bottom 10% for intelligence, it makes a lot more sense. These are people who live off of the government and have no ambition or desire to seek excellence in what they do. They go into work in the morning, sit on their asses all day, get out at 5pm, make their money, rinse, and repeat.

Timeline

Once you realize that the people working at the USCIS and CSC are at the bottom 10% for intelligence, it makes a lot more sense. These are people who live off of the government and have no ambition or desire to seek excellence in what they do. They go into work in the morning, sit on their asses all day, get out at 5pm, make their money, rinse, and repeat.

Government job = welfare for the middle class.

Timeline

Government job = welfare for the middle class.

Dude. I worked in government for 18 years. I am now a contractor, mostly contracting with government agencies. We are not all that bad. It is even possible that CSC workers are doing the best they can and are being micromanaged or forced to comply to some management-driven goals that have little to do with what correct caseload management would entail. So, please don't use such a broad brush when painting this problem.

Timeline

Eh, I'm just being cynical.

The workers are doing what they are told to do. Someone has instructed them to not process I-129Fs.

But for sure, it certainly applies to some government employees, without a doubt.

Timeline

Eh, I'm just being cynical.

The workers are doing what they are told to do. Someone has instructed them to not process I-129Fs.

But for sure, it certainly applies to some government employees, without a doubt.

Defonately been put on processing other types of applications. I-130 seems to be doing better at CSC.

OMG!!!! I reached the 8 month mark on my ticker thingy :( Well I never thought I would see that when this journey began. SOB!

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Go to your local news station they are always looking for stories. This my get there attention tell them your story and also especially about the Congressman.

Slower than a pile of dogsh*t baking on a summer sidewalk.

Our 8-month "helliversary" was yesterday.

8 months and 1 day as of today, with no end in sight....

Of course, when our NOA2 comes, we need to tack on 2-3 months after the NOA2 until the interview + another month for my partner to quit her job and organize her life for the US (which of course, she can't do now because she has no idea on the timing).

This is just cruel and unusual punishment, IMO....

Edited by Lovecouple

Timeline

We wrote to the Ombudsman he responded. Then we replied asking for more info and he/she said he/she didn't have any info just that they were going to put more resources on it. Yeah right! We also have not heard back from our Congresswoman, she said USCIS has 45 days to get back to her. :( Not sure what else to do. We are at 8 months and at this point its looking like we could be over a year without even a NOA2!

K1 Visa
Service Center: California
I-129f Sent: 08/3/2012
I-129f NOA1: 08/06/2012
I-129f RFE(s): NONE
I-129f Reply(s): NONE
I-129f NOA2: 04/23/2013
NVC Received:5/13/2013
NVC Left:
Consulate Received (Dublin, Ireland):
Packet 3 Received:
Packet 3 Sent:
Packet 4 Received:
Medical Exam:
Interview:
Visa Received:
US Entry:
Wedding:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.