Maassii

NBC national benefit center I-485 processing time

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Do you have any idea which month are NBC processing?

I filed on August 8 , 2012 and so far still in acceptance status.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

A quick review of current threads in this forum would reveal that AOS processing times are all over the board. No rhyme or reason.

While you are waiting, :time: It helps everyone that uses the forum. :thumbs:

Good luck.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks A&B.

I update my time line.

Let's wait then....

Nobody knows actually to tell you the truth. USCIS changed the way they process applications as of August 1st. Applications for which interview was not required used to be processed at the California Service Center but now they're at the National Benefits Center. It used to be 6-9 months but now nobody knows since I have not heard of any August filers getting approved.

Timeline

Nobody knows actually to tell you the truth. USCIS changed the way they process applications as of August 1st. Applications for which interview was not required used to be processed at the California Service Center but now they're at the National Benefits Center. It used to be 6-9 months but now nobody knows since I have not heard of any August filers getting approved.

Ah, we filed in August 2012 and got approved...... :D:o

Of course, right afterwards I went out and bought some lottery tickets....Nope...no winners.... What I am trying to say is that I feel that our quick approval was just a stroke of luck.

Hang in there, your time will come. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ah, we filed in August 2012 and got approved...... :D:o

Of course, right afterwards I went out and bought some lottery tickets....Nope...no winners.... What I am trying to say is that I feel that our quick approval was just a stroke of luck.

Hang in there, your time will come. :thumbs:

Not really. You are not an interview-waived case. People who have interviews are getting their green cards in around 3-4 months like always. The issue as stated in my comment above is those of us who don't get interviews and NBC has to process us. It used to take 6-9 months and now nobody knows. Nobody has been approved yet that I know since August.

Edited by mgarcia4

Timeline

Not really. You are not an interview-waived case. People who have interviews are getting their green cards in around 3-4 months like always. The issue as stated in my comment above is those of us who don't get interviews and NBC has to process us. It used to take 6-9 months and now nobody knows. Nobody has been approved yet that I know since August.

Sorry, misunderstood your qualifiers.

However, there still seem to be a lot of folks that don't know, because of all of the nonsense at USCIS, whether they will be interviewed or not. Heck, we didn't know until we got the ACS appointment letter for the interview.

The entire shifting of workloads to the various service centers scheme may seem like the old shell game to many anxiously awaiting filers, only to realize that the pea is not under any of the shells. :wacko: The recent dearth of petition/application approvals of a lot of these various visa processes is quite disconcerting. :thumbs: Another example illustrating that the entire immigration system is in dire need of a serious revamping. :thumbs:

Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

As far as I can tell, once NBC stopped transferring the cases to CSC - they stopped working on them. I have not seen any petitions from July or August that were not transferred and remained at NBC to be processed without an interview be approved.

:(

Edited by agrabs

K1 Visa                                                                 Adjustment of Status                                                             ROC

Service Center : California Service Center                        CIS Office : Kansas City MO Service Center                           California Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

I-129F Sent : 2011-11-18                                 Date Filed : 2012-09-04 Date                            Filed: 2015-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-11-23                                      NOA Date : 2012-09-06                                                             NOA1 Date: 2015-05-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none                                              RFE(s) : NONE                                              RFE(s): NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-12                                                 Bio. Appt. : 2012-10-03                                                              BIO. Appt.: 2015-09-15

NVC Received : 2012-04-26

NVC Left : 2012-05-10                                           EAD/AP Approved : 2012-11-08                             ROC APPROVED:2015-10-26      

Consulate Received : 2012-05-14                               EAD/AP Card Received : 2012-11-17                         Green card Received: 2015-11-04    

Packet 3 Received : 2012-05-17                                          Green card Approved : 2013-07-08                        NO INTERVIEW

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-05-20                                                    NO INTERVIEW

Interview Date : 2012-06-26                                                 Green Card Received : 2013-07-15

Interview Result : Approved                                                 

Visa Received : 2012-06-26                                                   

US Entry : 2012-07-05

Marriage : 2012-08-24

N-400 Naturalization:

04/25/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS AZ courier address thru FedEx

05/04/2106 NOA I-797 Receipt Notice Date
05/27/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
06/08/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
06/13/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
07/18/2016 Date of Interview
08/11/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Kansas City, MO

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

As far as I can tell, once NBC stopped transferring the cases to CSC - they stopped working on them. I have not seen any petitions from July or August that were not transferred and remained at NBC to be processed without an interview be approved.

:(

there have been a few, and mine was today:

July filed, no transfer to CSC, no interview, stayed at NBC the whole time, and card ordered today..

From K1 submission to US Citizenship- 2 years, 1 month and 2 days!

K-1 Process
• 6 MAR 2012 - I-129F packet sent via FedEx overnight •

• 7 MAR 2012 - Packet received Dallas, Texas
• 12 MAR 2012 - NOA1 (Notice by Email: routed to the CSC)
• 15 MAR 2012 - NOA1 (received Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797))
• 12 JUN 2012 - NOA2 (Notice by text message and Email)
• 23 MAR 2012 - NVC received/forwarded approved I-129F
• 25 April 2012 - Interview and Visa Approved!
• 27 APR 2012 - Collected Visa at Embassy
• 29 MAY 2012 - Arrival in US after two weeks holiday together!
*It took 46 days from NOA1 to Visa pick-up and we received our NOA2 two weeks AFTER her arrival in States!

AOS Process
• 13 JUL 2012 - I-485 packet received at USCIS
• 23 JUL 2012 - NOA I-797C received for I-485 and I-765 (we didn't do an AP)
• 10 AUG 2012 - RFE for Proof of Employment and Fed. Poverty Level/Support Requirement!(Active Duty Military but deployed last year with little taxable income to report)
• RFE Discussion--> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/382590-any-other-military-members-have-this-happen/
• 16 AUG 2012 - USCIS received my RFE document response & Biometrics completed on same day
• 21 SEP 2012 - EAD Received after a total of 6 USCIS Status updates
• 8 MAR 2013 - USCIS received our AP I-131 Travel Doc that we didn't apply for initially (bad decision)
• 26 MAR 2013 - Email Notice that AP was approved
• 03 APR 2013 - Card in hand! (9+ months from application to receipt of card)

Removal of Conditions

• Skipped with Military expedite

Citizenship N400

• 20 JAN 2014 - Packet mailed

• 02 FEB 2014 - walk-in Bio appointment

• 24 MAR 2014 - Interview

• 08 APR 2014 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.