Steven386

Question on removing conditional GC

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi,

I originally obtained by conditional GC through marriage on June 2011. Its time for me to file with USCIS again to remove my status. From reading different discussions, it seems the waiting time for the interview, once the i-751 is filed, can vary from a few months all the way to a year. I am filling with the Vermont Center. Could anyone please let me know, based my time of application, how long can I expect to wait for the interview and what happens if they schedule my interview after my GC expires in June 2013.

THanks,

Not every applicant will have an interview. An interview only happens when the initial evidence or sometimes RFE isn't strong enough. Or unless you end up getting divorced before the process is completed. And not every divorce waiver have interviews also. In the end it just depends on how strong of a case u put together.

As for the timeline, there is no set time. So people go through in a matter of months, while others end up waiting for longer than a year. I know VSC is pretty backed up right now. So no one really knows. All the best!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hi,

I originally obtained by conditional GC through marriage on June 2011. Its time for me to file with USCIS again to remove my status. From reading different discussions, it seems the waiting time for the interview, once the i-751 is filed, can vary from a few months all the way to a year. I am filling with the Vermont Center. Could anyone please let me know, based my time of application, how long can I expect to wait for the interview and what happens if they schedule my interview after my GC expires in June 2013.

THanks,

As the other poster said not everyone gets an interview. Once you send in your form though you will get a biometrics letter usually with in a month or so from the time you get the letter saying they got your payment.

It took us 10 months and an RFE before we got the ten year greencard. We had no interview thankfully. :)

I wish you the best with ROC!

belgium-flag.gift4518.gifunitedstates.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

Hi,

THanks,

Yep, in this step you should actually HOPE that you DON'T get an interview, as interviews tend to be reserved for cases with red flags, or cases where there is a status change before adjudication (e.g. divorce etc.). Sometimes they do call in random cases for interviews, but it tends to be heavily geared towards cases with problems.

Current processing time for Vermont seems to be between 6-9 months, however this can change at any time (for the better or for the worse).

My understanding is that you get two letters soon after you file (like others have said, usually within a month): one is your NOA1 confirming receipt of your application and extending your green card for a year past its expiration date. You need to keep this ORIGINAL letter, as this will be your proof of legal residence after your current green card expires and until your new one is received several months down the line, and you need to carry it with you in case of overseas travel. If you do not get a NOA1 letter within a month or so, you may want to book an appointment with your local USCIS office to have your passport stamped with a I-551 stamp, which will extend your status for another year. The second letter is an appointment letter for your biometrics (fingerprints etc.) which will be done at your local USCIS office.

It's basically these two letters that are received fairly soon after filing, and then you just have to wait patiently for several months until you hear back on a decision re removal of your conditions.

Good luck!

My CR1 timeline (DCF London):
June 26, 2010 - civil wedding
Aug 2, 2010 - I-130 package mailed to the London Consulate (DCF)
Aug 9, 2010 - NOA1 (confirmation of receipt) via email
Sep 4, 2010 - religious wedding
Oct 21, 2010 - NOA2
Nov 25, 2010 - Case number received in the mail
Nov 29, 2010 - Medical
Dec 1, 2010 - DS-230I & DS-2001 forms mailed back
Feb 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!
Feb 7, 2011 - Passport with Visa received via courier
June 7, 2011 - POE Los Angeles (LAX)
June 18, 2011 - 2-Year Green card received in the mail!!!

My ROC journey:
April 2, 2013 - I-751 package mailed to California Service Center

April 3, 2013 - NOA1 date
April 8, 2013 - check cleared
May 6, 2013 - Biometrics completed

July 25, 2013 - 10 year green card APPROVED!! (notification via text and email, and website updated)

July 29, 2013 - ROC approval letter received in the mail

July 31, 2013 - 10 year green card received in the mail!!!

My N-400 journey:

March 19, 2014 - N-400 package mailed to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

March 24, 2014 - NOA1 date and Priority Date

March 27, 2014 - Check cleared

April 21, 2014 - Biometrics done

May 7, 2014 - In line for interview

June 23, 2014 - Scheduled for interview

July 28, 2014 - Interview - PASSED!!

July 30, 2014 - In line for oath

July 31, 2014 - Scheduled for oath

Aug 2, 2014 - Oath letter received

Aug 27, 2014 - Oath ceremony, I am a US citizen!!!

Sep 11, 2014 - US passport received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Plan on waiting 8-10 months with no information after the biometrics, untill you get a RFE. interview or your new green card. Look at the VJ time lines for an idea and enter your information in the months posting of the month you filed in for ROC. Good luck.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.