O&Z

In AP from Montreal Consulate - anyone else?

106 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

they had emailed us when they wanted our updated stuff.

so i expect they will do the same for you.

it probably wouldn't hurt to email montreal and give them new information from the passport though

like the the new passport number and expiry date with a scanned image perhaps?

when i asked DOS what specific things we should update on, he basically said anything they would need to get in contact with you - always make sure that is current.

in our case, they used an old email address that we had since changed, so be sure to check all email addresses montreal knows about.

best of luck. we are still waiting on good news too. u never know with these ppl - cud be 4 days or 4 months lol

Edited by zubi2lute

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

nabdelwa - have you heard anything yet?

our stuff reached there october 3rd and we had a status update on october 4th (but i noticed a lot of ppl did).

i'm just wondering if its still sitting in a mailroom or if they've even looked at it yet.

its been 2 weeks and i guess my fear is that they will send back his passport with no visa and a letter saying we are still in AP.

my husband said when he did the medical the lady said some ppl have to do it 3-4 times. ahhh!

Timeline

nabdelwa - have you heard anything yet?

our stuff reached there october 3rd and we had a status update on october 4th (but i noticed a lot of ppl did).

i'm just wondering if its still sitting in a mailroom or if they've even looked at it yet.

its been 2 weeks and i guess my fear is that they will send back his passport with no visa and a letter saying we are still in AP.

my husband said when he did the medical the lady said some ppl have to do it 3-4 times. ahhh!

Hey Zubi2lute,

I emailed the consulate to confirm that they received the documents. Here is the answer (We are pleased to acknowledge receipt of the documents. Please note that all mail addressed to the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal undergoes thorough security clearance procedures at an offsite facility. This creates additional delays for the mail to actually reach our office. The date you claim the mail was delivered is not the actual date our office has received your mail. You may expect your case to be reviewed within 4 weeks from the date that the mail was sent.)

I am sure it will be over soon and your husband will get the visa. Don’t worry smile.png

I spoke to my attorney about CR1 to IR1 after 2 years of being married; he said it is up to the consulate. Generally it should be a permanent, 10 year greencard at this stage.

• 4 months later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Today I received a letter in my mailbox (not email!) from the Montreal Consulate requesting new DS 260, medical report, police certificate, and 2012 taxes from my wife and joint sponsor but they didn't request for my passport!!!!

Does it mean that my AP is not over yet? should I send my passport with the requested documents? I've been in AP for over 13 month.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

don't send the passport unless they request it. They are asking for updated medical, pcc taxes and ds260 to keep your fie up to date

Timeline

mehr!

i'm so happy to hear this. things are going in the right direction.

i agree - just send in everything they asked. it'll sit in their mailroom for a month and get to them, they'll look over it and at the final steps, they will ask for your passport.

i think because AP has been over 1 year, they have to re-do everything.

i know - our US govt is so super efficient right? (rolling eyes). i'm sorry it's such a pain, but i hope that you have very good news within the next 2 months!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

General question.

Can the beneficiary travel to meet the spouse during AP? Canadian going to USA.

Thanks

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

I am in AP at MTL

we are in K-1 Visa. Interview date: 10-March-2014.

I am a female. Born in India, now a Canadian. Do not have a sooo common name. never travelled to or lived in "T" countries

Reason for my AP is I work in "sensitive" field/belong to thei TAL (Tech Alert List) and have lived in USA before for research.

Documents asked: complete CV/list of publications/research abstracts. emailed everything on 12th March 2014

case status updated on 11th March, after interview date; Then case creation date and case updated date changed to 12-March on 12th after I emailed the requested documents. again on 13th March, the case had been updated.

I am hopeful for this AP to get over soon, b'se previously 3 times I have had this AP experience while applying for NIV visas and all the 3 times it took just less than a month to get the visa issued thou it was from Toronto Embassy.

God save everyone who are in this AP beast

Good Luck, everyone

USCIS - 50days

I-129F Application mailed: 10-July-2013; NOA1 (hard copy): 22-July-2013; NOA2: 29-Aug-2013 (text/email)

NVC: 52 days

NVC received: 15-Oct-2013; Got case #: 16-Oct-2013(phone); In Transit: 17-Oct-2013(CEAC website)

Consulate ~ Medical - POE: 139(+) days

Consulate received: 21-Oct-2013; Packet3 forms sent to Consulate: 29-Oct-2013; Packet4 received: 04-Nov-2013

Medicals completed on 28-Jan-2014; Interview on 10-March-2014; Visa in hand: 24-Apr-2014

GC: 114 days

POE:17-May-2014; Marriage: 19-May-2014 (Got marriage certificate on the same day at Sacramento, CA); I-693 on 20-May-2014

AOS/EAD/AP sent: 22-May-2014; Reached USCIS: 26-May-2014; NOA1: 02-June-2014

Received Biometrics notice: 07-June-2014 for Biometrics on 23-June-2014, 12:00 noon; Early Walk-in Biometrics successfully completed: 12-June-2014

USCIS website AoS status changed to "testing & Interview" : 30-June-2014; EAD/AP Status "Card in production": 04-Aug-2014; USCIS website updated with interview date as 8-Sep-2014 on: 6-Aug-2014.

Received EAD/AP Combo card in mail: 11-Aug-2014

AoS Interview: 8-Sep-2014; Result: APPROVED; USCIS status changed to "card in production"; Received GC by mail: 16-Sep-2014

RoC:

Applied I-751: 14-June-16; NoA: 17-June-16; Letter received on: 22-June-16

Biometrics notice received on 30-Jun-16 ; Biometrics: 12-July-16;

Received RFE dated 04-Aug-17 on 09-Aug-2017; asked house lease or deed, utility bills if applicable, birth cert of children born to this marriage;

Responded on 15-Aug-2017; USCIS received response on 16:Aug-17; Approved: 13-Sep-17; Case Status to "New Card is mailed": 18-Sep-17; Card received in mail: 21-Sep-2017

N-400

Applied online: 12-Nov-2017; Biometrics: 06-Dec-2017; Received interview letter on 09-Oct-18; Interview at SFO: 06-Nov-2018; Approved; Oath Scheduled on 05-Dec-2018; postponed to 16-Jan2019 because of Former President Sr. Bush's funeral; Oath completed on 16-Jan-2019; Applied for US Passport (expedited) on 18-Jan-2019; received Passport : 29-Jan-2019; received NC:01-Feb-2019

Timeline

General question.

Can the beneficiary travel to meet the spouse during AP? Canadian going to USA.

Thanks

Yes, I travelled several times while in AP. Make sure you have sufficient evidence that you are just visiting and not planning to stay (paystubs, return ticket). Be honest to the officer and you should be fine!!

Best of luck..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My interview date was on Feb 26, 2014. I was asked to provide additional documents. I had to hand in an original birth certificate. The problem was that I was adopted from Korea when I was a baby. Luckily the Korean Embassy obtained one for me. I am still on AP to this day. I don't know if they have received my additional documents. Is it standard that they would mail me receipt of receiving documents?

09/10/2013 - sent in i-129f

09/19/2013 - email notification of USCIS acceptance & rerouted to CSC

09/25/2013 - received official receipt notice via mail

10/02/2013 - received a RFE

10/16/2013 - sent in RFE

10/18/2013 - checked USCIS site & RFE has been received

10/29/2013 - Alien Registration Number changed

10/30/2013 - NOA2 i-129f APPROVED!

12/06/2013 - received Packet 3 in mail

12/08/2013 - completed DS-160 & sent in checklist

12/??/2013 - called DOS and got my MTL Case # (can't remember what day in Dec)

01/09/2014 - consulate asked me to complete a new DS-160

01/29/2014 - received Packet 4 via email

01/29/2014 - medical appointment complete

02/26/2014 - Visa Appointment in MTL - requested additional documents

03/03/2014 - Mailed in documents via Loomis

03/04/2014 - Documents arrived at US consulate in MTL

03/06/2014 - CEAC updated to AP

03/06/2014-03/17/2014- CEAC status updates daily, but still remains on AP

03/18/2014- CEAC status READY (to schedule an interview)

03/19/2014- CEAC status READY (case is open) Case creation date changed to 03/19/2014 and switched to Non-Immigrant Visa

03/24/2014- CEAC status updated but still says READY (case is open)

04/01/2014- CEAC status updated but still says READY (case is open)

04/02/2014- CEAC status back to ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

04/03/2014- CEAC status ISSUED

04/03/2014- Email from Loomis that passport has been shipped

04/04/2014- Picked up Passport

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Yes, I travelled several times while in AP. Make sure you have sufficient evidence that you are just visiting and not planning to stay (paystubs, return ticket). Be honest to the officer and you should be fine!!

Best of luck..

Does anyone know if a Canadian with a U.S. Immigration application under AP can get a TN visa?

Timeline

Mehr,

I believe once your application is in for the spousal visa - you cannot apply for a TN visa during that time.

i had thought abt it as well for my hubby bc it was taking so long, so I looked into it.

how are things - any news or updates?

rshree - i hope that it is 1 month again of AP for you, but this AP may take a bit longer since it is more 'permanent' if that makes sense.

most of us were visa donkey, so bc of the TAL - maybe that may be less time (fingers crossed).

best of luck to everyone!!!

Timeline

Mehr,

I believe once your application is in for the spousal visa - you cannot apply for a TN visa during that time.

i had thought abt it as well for my hubby bc it was taking so long, so I looked into it.

how are things - any news or updates?

rshree - i hope that it is 1 month again of AP for you, but this AP may take a bit longer since it is more 'permanent' if that makes sense.

most of us were visa donkey, so bc of the TAL - maybe that may be less time (fingers crossed).

best of luck to everyone!!!

Thanks O&Z for your comments. That's what I thought too, but a freind of mine told me that he could get a TN visa while his spousal application was under process at the Montreal. Did your hubby ever try to get one?

I sent an email to the embassy right after I received the request for new medical and police certificate and asked if they need my passport as well. They replied back two weeks later, after I already sent out the documents, and requested my passport. now, it's been over 2 weeks since they received all documents. I got three status updates in the last 10 days but I still don't want to get my hopes up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.