visao

Documents to be submitted with IV package

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everyone:

I just paid my IV fee today and now need to gather documents for IV package to send to NVC. Here is the list I need to send:

*DS-230 part I signed, part II unsigned.

*Applicant's birth and marriage certs (original or certified copy)

*Petitioner's birth and marriage certs (original or certifed copy)

*Police certificate.

*Applicant's photo of passport bio pages.

*Applicant's 2 passport photos.

*IV document cover sheet.

Please let me know if I miss something else or something extra I don't need from list above. Also will they return all original/certified copies at the interview? You have to ask the officer for such at the interview? or assume they know already? Thank you all my VJ family!

11-16-12: Sent I-130 for Dad.
11-19-12: Priority date/rec'd date.
02-06-13: Case approved, NOA2.
02-19-13: NVC received case.
03-08-13: Case # assigned--HCM2013******.
03-09-13: Paid AOS Fee $88.00.
03-09-13: Emailed DS-3032 from Beneficiary's email address.
03-13-13: AOS Fee showed as PAID & sent AOS package certified mail.
03-18-13: AOS package delivered @ 10:50 A.M.
03-18-13: DS-3032 accepted.
03-20-13: IV Bill Invoice.
03-21-13: Paid IV Fee $230.00.
03-23-13: IV Fee showed as PAID.
04-23-13: Sent IV package certified mail.
04-26-13: IV package delivered @ 11:13 A.M.

05-08-13: Case completed @ NVC per telephone call.

05-15-15: Case completed per email from NVC.

06-07-13: Rec'd email from NVC RE: interview date. (letter dated 06-05-13).

07-18-13: Interview date-- PASSED.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Timeline

I am not at that stage yet, but here is what I think you should also include (according to LineChe's lists), and it's what I am planning to do.

- translation of all documents that are not in English

- photocopy of all documents in the packet

- you might also want to include Cover Letter that lists the content of the package.

- Also, I though we need to also submit court certificate, in addition to police certificate, even if there were no convictions, but I may be over-thinking this.

Edited by WorldTravelers

USCIS (106 days) US Consulate/Medical

12/18/12- NOA1 08/22/13- Medical

04/03/13- NOA2 09/16/13- Interview (Approved!)

Transit (68 days) 09/19/13- Visa in hand

NVC (59 days) 09/19/13- USCIS Immigrant Fee paid, ELIS: Circle: Accepted, Status: Case Received

06/10/13- Case Received ELIS/GC Production (63 days)

06/19/13- Case # and IIN Received 12/14/13- POE Houston

06/19/13- DS-3032 emailed 12/23/13- SSN card arrived in the mail

06/21/13- AOS bill paid 02/06/14- ELIS: Circle: Optimized, Status: In Process

06/25/13- DS-3032 accepted 02/07/14- USCIS status: Initial Review

06/26/13- IV bill paid 02/10/14- USCIS status: Card Production

06/28/13- AOS and IV packages sent 02/13/14- ELIS Circle: Closed, Status: Card Produced

07/23/13- IV accepted 02/15/14- card arrived in the mail

07/26/13- AOS accepted

07/26/13- Case complete

07/30/13- Interview scheduled (for 09/16/13)

08/08/13- Case left NVC For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

Hi everyone:

I just paid my IV fee today and now need to gather documents for IV package to send to NVC. Here is the list I need to send:

*Police certificate.

Please let me know if I miss something else or something extra I don't need from list above. Also will they return all original/certified copies at the interview? You have to ask the officer for such at the interview? or assume they know already? Thank you all my VJ family!

Here is the NVC link to what they want in the IV packet. http://travel.state..../info_3195.html

Everything you have looks good except you don't need to submit the petitioner's birth certificate (that should have been submitted as proof of US citizenship with the I-130 if not using a passport or naturalization certificate). Also, make sure to write down the NVC case number, the beneficiary's name and date of birth on the back of both passport photos. I'm assuming the IV document is the barcoded coversheet from payment portal, if so, you should be set.

The CO will return the original documents at the interview, but always ask for those back anyway, some can forget to give them back or won't give them back unless asked.

Edited by Mina90

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is the NVC link to what they want in the IV packet. http://travel.state..../info_3195.html

Everything you have looks good except you don't need to submit the petitioner's birth certificate (that should have been submitted as proof of US citizenship with the I-130 if not using a passport or naturalization certificate). Also, make sure to write down the NVC case number, the beneficiary's name and date of birth on the back of both passport photos. I'm assuming the IV document is the barcoded coversheet from payment portal, if so, you should be set.

The CO will return the original documents at the interview, but always ask for those back anyway, some can forget to give them back or won't give them back unless asked.

The OP is petitioning for his/her father so he/she needs to include the petitioner's original/certified copy of birth certificate & marriage certificate. The link you provided above explains what documents to include for those who are applying for IR-5 (Parent of a US Citizen) visa.

The OP is petitioning for his/her father so he/she needs to include the petitioner's original/certified copy of birth certificate & marriage certificate. The link you provided above explains what documents to include for those who are applying for IR-5 (Parent of a US Citizen) visa.

Ah, ok. I stand corrected. Yes, then the OP will need to include the petitioner's birth/marriage certificates as well.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank you for your responses.

let-it-be: Do I have everything on the list?

Also, NVC will notify you interview date via email after your case complete, but will the consulate mail the interview letter to applicant's home address too? You need this letter to get in or just a copy of the interview appointment from the email is fine? I don't know I heard the applicant will get invitation interview letter?

11-16-12: Sent I-130 for Dad.
11-19-12: Priority date/rec'd date.
02-06-13: Case approved, NOA2.
02-19-13: NVC received case.
03-08-13: Case # assigned--HCM2013******.
03-09-13: Paid AOS Fee $88.00.
03-09-13: Emailed DS-3032 from Beneficiary's email address.
03-13-13: AOS Fee showed as PAID & sent AOS package certified mail.
03-18-13: AOS package delivered @ 10:50 A.M.
03-18-13: DS-3032 accepted.
03-20-13: IV Bill Invoice.
03-21-13: Paid IV Fee $230.00.
03-23-13: IV Fee showed as PAID.
04-23-13: Sent IV package certified mail.
04-26-13: IV package delivered @ 11:13 A.M.

05-08-13: Case completed @ NVC per telephone call.

05-15-15: Case completed per email from NVC.

06-07-13: Rec'd email from NVC RE: interview date. (letter dated 06-05-13).

07-18-13: Interview date-- PASSED.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Follow the advice of all of those the responded to your thread.

1.Make photocopies of all the documents.

2.Write Name, DOB & case # on the back of photos.

3.Your own Cover Letter.

NVC emailed me (petitioner) & my parents (applicants) that the they have completed the processing of their petitions , that the case(s) have been forwarded to the US Embassy in Manila and that an interview have been scheduled for each of my parents.

The email contains also instructions to read & follow Interview Preparation Instructions from the Department of State site: www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. It is under the "Prepare for your Visa interview abroad." link. Your parents then will go to the US Embassy in Vietnam site & read more about the interview preparations. They have to register in www.ustraveldocs.com site.

Your parents can print out the NVC letter & present that when they go to their interview appointment.

I have re-scheduled my parents interview appointments so they are going to print out the confirmation letter from www.ustraveldocs.com/ph.

Edited by let-it-be

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone:

*Police certificate.

I just getting my documents together. I have not received my NOA2 my first question is the DS-230 is a total of 4 pages. That is part 1 and part 2 and you just sign the second page and answer the question with yes or no boxes. The bottom of the 4 pages is for the Consulate? Is this right? One more question I have three application my wife and two children under 18. I am wondering if I will have to present these originals for all three cases. I been told I can request to join the cases when I get the NOA2 approval and only need to pay for one AOS I-864 they will use it for all three. Do you have to do a DS-230 for the Petitioner?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everyone:

adding :

ID , chung minh nhan dan

Household registra book , ho khau

Pls remember to use certified copy (ban trich luc) from where your relatives was born, where they issued,they certify for you , ,that office (phong tu phap xa, huyen , thanh pho)they have services to translate for you

for vietnamese, police certificate No.2 (ly lich tu phap ban so 2, ko dung ban so 1)

all translate to english,

Hope this help

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Question about certified copies for IV package. Do we get certified (notarize in the beneficiary's country) or in US? Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.