rjm_cmyk

Things I Want to Do Before I Depart These Shores

12 posts in this topic

I was pondering today. My partner the USC is actually an expat Brit herself so I've had many years of seeing what her trips back to the UK are like. Usually a blur of visiting friends and relatives. We've had the odd weekend away in Europe but as her pattern of work is changing that is going to get even more difficult.

So I'm under no illusions what my trips will be like. Fortunately we share many friends so at least that bit won't be duplicated in the future. I've therefore been thinking about what things I really should be doing that I probably won't have time to do in the future. Here is my rather odd list of things I'd like to do before I go - in most cases it's highly unlikely I'll do them ever again.

1) Try to arrange a visit to my old school and take some photos

2) Visit my old home town and take a lot of photos of my old stamping ground. I've not lived there in 30 years and haven't been back in at least 20. Streetview is a bit of a nostalgia trip.

3) National Railway museum in York

4) One last trip to Helsinki - spent 15 years working for a Finnish company and been there many many times and still have people I consider friends there

5) Try to see more of the sites in London - lived here for 30 years and like many people dahnnn sarfff never bothered to do the tourist things

6) Quick weekend in Paris

7) Trip to Brussels with my partner when she comes over in the summer - that's her old stamping ground and she wants to take her kids.

Those were just some odd ones - you planning on doing anything similar ?

Richard

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

are you a footie fan ? Might make sense to get some fan stuff at the shops, before you start packing.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

My home town team is Stockport County - they don't exactly have a world wide following.

My partner's team is ManU. She can buy their stuff in her local Target :blink:

Richard

event.png

event.png

I've been thinking I ought to make a list like this for a while. I would like to go to see a play at the Globe theater and go and visit friends that I've not visited in a while. I will get thinking on what else to add to my list! Hopefully I'll be moving in June so only a few months left.

I'm planning on seeing some london sights when I go there for my medical and interview...

Want to go to cornwall for a few, I love it down there.

Want to go revisit some neolithic places, I normally do the rounds every few years, so will fit them in once more.

I'm planning on spending some quality time with my nephews this summer.

Thinking about spending some time with my estranged father - but need to choke down the urge to throttle him first.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

what about a first class train ticket, with meals and soft comfy bed? something to do before jumping on the plane, aye?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I'm going to be spending quality time with my family and completing an intensive yoga teacher training course before I go. When I was in London for my medical I made a point of visiting some of the sights I always wanted to see.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thinking about spending some time with my estranged father - but need to choke down the urge to throttle him first.

Hmmmm, it could be the opportune time to settle a score, if planned out correctly.

I'm certainly planning on making the day of emigration something special. For a start I intend flying VA premium economy - sadly can't afford Upper Class :-) Hoping to be travelling with hound in hold too.

I'm really trying to focus on those things/places/activities that realistically I won't ever do again unless I end up retiring back to Europe and it's unlikely that we'd end up in the UK anyway. This is making me think about the possibility/inevitability of being homesick at some point I suppose.:(

Richard

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.