ryecatcher25

Anyone have to get police certifice from "bad" country

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone, I am trying to find out what happens when you need to get a police certificate from a country on the reciprocity list that is under the heading of "not availalbe" or "must be physically present"

My fiancee is going through philippines embassy but worked in kuwait for 4 years. Kuwait is on the list of places that you must be physically presnet to get police certificate. If she was going through the Canada emabssy i am certain there would be no problem, but i am going through a "problem" embassy where you cannot even call or get an email response to

Anyways is anyone here been told not to worry about a police certificate because it was under the heading of "not available" or "must be present to obtain"?

Does anyone know a link to someone posting there expereience with this?

thanks for any help. I am asking not only for myself but for at least one other whose fiancee worked in a coutnry where police certificates are not availabel and unfortunately must deal with the manila embassy like me

But anyones experience with any embassies would be helpful

thanks

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2005-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-12-02

I-129F NOA2 : 2005-12-16

Left NVC : 2006-1-5

Manila recieved: 2006-1-11

Interview Date : 2006-5-16 - APPROVED

Enter USA : 2006-5-31

No experience here myself but I just checked on the travel.state.gov site where it does say this

Police certificates from certain countries are unavailable. More specific information is available from NVC or the nearest United States immigrant visa processing post.

So perhaps a call to the NVC will get you the correct answers as to what one must do. I also found an obscure mention on immigration.com refering to Vietnam but I imagine it possibly is the same for any country where police records cannot or are not easy to obtain.

As in any visa case, the applicant must make a good faith effort to contact the Vietnamese authorities to obtain the records.
Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes just to update this thread in case future persons read it, I call DOS today (and in fact previously) but they said that the embassy should take the fact that the person must be physically present to recieve police certificate. But of course they said i should check with thte embassy, but i am betting this person never tried to ever deal with manila.

But at any rate i have also read about getting police certificates and i will send an affidavit to my fiancee that she can show the officer if he asks that i tried everything possible to get the information that would allow her to get a police certificate outside of the country.

But i will call NVC (which i actually did call before and they said the same thing as DOS, but when i asked i was maybe talking to the wrong department, so maybe i will try agian today.

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2005-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-12-02

I-129F NOA2 : 2005-12-16

Left NVC : 2006-1-5

Manila recieved: 2006-1-11

Interview Date : 2006-5-16 - APPROVED

Enter USA : 2006-5-31

Hi everyone, I am trying to find out what happens when you need to get a police certificate from a country on the reciprocity list that is under the heading of "not availalbe" or "must be physically present"

My fiancee is going through philippines embassy but worked in kuwait for 4 years. Kuwait is on the list of places that you must be physically presnet to get police certificate. If she was going through the Canada emabssy i am certain there would be no problem, but i am going through a "problem" embassy where you cannot even call or get an email response to

Anyways is anyone here been told not to worry about a police certificate because it was under the heading of "not available" or "must be present to obtain"?

thanks for any help. I am asking not only for myself but for at least one other whose fiancee worked in a coutnry where police certificates are not availabel and unfortunately must deal with the manila embassy like me

thanks

Marlene worked in Dubai, U.A.E. for a year. Their general rules require you to be present to obtain the police certificate and their certificates are only good for 3 months.

She contacted the U.A.E. embassy in Makati and was informed that it was possible to get the certificate without being present. She had to get a request form from the U.A.E. embassy and she had to have fingerprints taken by NBI and have a red-ribbon certification. She was instructed to send this application and a fee to the police headquarters in Dubai, but she was warned that it might take several months to get the certificate. A friend of hers had a relative in Dubai so she sent the completed package to the friends relative instead and we wired the relative the fee and some money to cover her expenses to turn the package in for her and return to get the certificate. The certificate was then sent back to her by the friend's relative. It turned out to be quite costly with the DHL fees both ways, the certificate fee, the NBI and red-ribbon fees and the expenses for this person to handle it for her.

Since then, it appears that we might not have needed to do all that as the consulate may not require the certificate from certain countries that normally require you to get them in person.

Contact the consulate and ask if you are expected to get one from Kuwait. If they require it, check with the Kuwait Embassy to determine how to obtain it.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

thanks

Marlene worked in Dubai, U.A.E. for a year. Their general rules require you to be present to obtain the police certificate and their certificates are only good for 3 months.

She contacted the U.A.E. embassy in Makati and was informed that it was possible to get the certificate without being present. She had to get a request form from the U.A.E. embassy and she had to have fingerprints taken by NBI and have a red-ribbon certification. She was instructed to send this application and a fee to the police headquarters in Dubai, but she was warned that it might take several months to get the certificate. A friend of hers had a relative in Dubai so she sent the completed package to the friends relative instead and we wired the relative the fee and some money to cover her expenses to turn the package in for her and return to get the certificate. The certificate was then sent back to her by the friend's relative. It turned out to be quite costly with the DHL fees both ways, the certificate fee, the NBI and red-ribbon fees and the expenses for this person to handle it for her.

Since then, it appears that we might not have needed to do all that as the consulate may not require the certificate from certain countries that normally require you to get them in person.

Contact the consulate and ask if you are expected to get one from Kuwait. If they require it, check with the Kuwait Embassy to determine how to obtain it.

From the state Dept Website...

Police records are available for persons resident in Kuwait. Individuals must be physically present in Kuwait and either be Kuwaiti citizens or hold a valid residence visa to apply for a police certificate. Police records are not available for periods of residence prior to May 1991, due to the destruction of these records during Iraq's invasion of Kuwait. Information on criminal activity, including police records, is not available from Kuwaiti embassies abroad. To obtain a police record, individuals must apply in person and provide fingerprints at the Ministry of Interior, General Department for Criminal Investigation. Police certificates generally take seven to ten days to process.

I am assuming that she does not have a residence visa so a police record would be anavailable for her. The Consulate in Manila will have this information. If you can't get it, you can't get it.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.