adiiann

Average Cost for Vacation in the Philippines

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys!

For those who went back in the Philippines for vacation, I want to seek for information for average cost of your vacation. What do you think the average cost for 2 adults and a one-year old kid travelling to Philippines for 2 weeks?

I am trying to save for our 2-weeks vacation. I don't want to overly budget neither under budget. I'm figuring out on how much pocket money I should bring as I don't want to use credit card if possible.

Appreciate any suggestions, tips and info.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Hello guys!

For those who went back in the Philippines for vacation, I want to seek for information for average cost of your vacation. What do you think the average cost for 2 adults and a one-year old kid travelling to Philippines for 2 weeks?

I am trying to save for our 2-weeks vacation. I don't want to overly budget neither under budget. I'm figuring out on how much pocket money I should bring as I don't want to use credit card if possible.

Hello!

That depends on what you want to do on your vacation? There are a lot of stuff do to in PI. I will say between 1k to

2K or more... Well have fun on your vacation.

Petition for my Mom

11/11/12 - Sent application
11/15/12 - Priority date
11/ /12 - NOA1
01/15/13 - RFE noticed recieved
01/17/13 - Mailed RFE documents
01/26/13 - APPROVED

NVC JOURNEY

02/04/13 - Case recieved
02/25/13 - Case number assigned
02/28/13 - Recieved email from NVC
02/28/13 - Sent Choice of Agent from beneficiary email add
02/28/13 - Paid AOS bill
03/06/13 - AOS "paid"
03/08/13 - Choice of agent accepted
03/11/13 - Recived IV bill
03/12/13 - Sent AOS packaged
03/27/13 - Recieved RFE for I-864A
04/02/13 - Re send I-864A
07/01/13 - Paid IV bill

07/29/13 - Sent IV Packet

08/01/13 - NVC Recieved Packet

Hello!

That depends on what you want to do on your vacation? There are a lot of stuff do to in PI. I will say between 1k to

2K or more... As for the Airfare it should be like 1200 a piece, as to your 1 yr old i beleived she/he is at full price already. I traveled almost 2 yrs ago and thats how much the airfare cost. Well have fun on your vacation.

Petition for my Mom

11/11/12 - Sent application
11/15/12 - Priority date
11/ /12 - NOA1
01/15/13 - RFE noticed recieved
01/17/13 - Mailed RFE documents
01/26/13 - APPROVED

NVC JOURNEY

02/04/13 - Case recieved
02/25/13 - Case number assigned
02/28/13 - Recieved email from NVC
02/28/13 - Sent Choice of Agent from beneficiary email add
02/28/13 - Paid AOS bill
03/06/13 - AOS "paid"
03/08/13 - Choice of agent accepted
03/11/13 - Recived IV bill
03/12/13 - Sent AOS packaged
03/27/13 - Recieved RFE for I-864A
04/02/13 - Re send I-864A
07/01/13 - Paid IV bill

07/29/13 - Sent IV Packet

08/01/13 - NVC Recieved Packet

$2,000 would work. :)

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

If your wife has a lot of relatives prepare 5k. :rofl: My fiance is Filipino also and he said that he won't go back to PI until he has 5k in his hand excluding his ticket. He understands how some Filipino relatives think that money is found on the streets of US but I also told him that he really shouldn't let people even my relatives make him shell out money. I would say 3k is enough excluding tickets and if you are staying in a hotel :)

Hello guys!

i would suggest $3000, excluding your ticket US to PI v.v.

$750 each for the adult

$500 for the child

$1000 for the food and hotels, domestic airfare(if you plan to travel and if you do book it in advance as there are a lot of promo fares).

BUT, if you have a lot of relatives, prepare extra $1000 just in case

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys!

$2000.00 is fine,excluding airfare of course.Have a great vacation!

Edited by J@L

Timeline

When it's just me I spend 5k in a week so I don't know how 3 people could get everything done for 2k. You'd definitely be living like a filipino. You could cut back on massages, but why would you go somewhere where a massage costs 5-10 dollars and not get 3 a day? Hotels are the biggest swing in price, you could pay anywhere from $20/night to $400/night. I don't think you can get a decent hotel for under $90 a night with out meals. Taxi's aren't cheap, I did a jeepney once just to say I did it but I wouldn't ride public transportation in the US other than just to say I did it. People never look too excited at the bus stops. Outside the city I'm sure things get cheaper, I found a problem finding hotels though. Holiday Inn needs to set up shop in Philippines.

Timeline

Depends a lot of where you are going of course too. Manila hotels are expensive, but in other cities they're cheaper. Figure $50 to $80 a night for a decent hotel in most big cities. Food is obviously fairly cheap.

Taxis don't HAVE to be expensive, but if traffic is horrendous, they can be, or if you get swindled.

Airfare within Ph is cheap.

As for hotels, make sure and check out Agoda.com, it's the asian equivalent of Expedia, etc. I've found the best prices there, you can book online, and get rewards (we've gotten several free nights out of it).

Timeline

When I visited I budgeted 200 dollars per day and that was more than enough

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

Depending on your spending habits the amount you'd need can vary. With a family of 3 $1500 a week is quite doable. The moment friends and family members get involved then thats when the spending can get crazy. If you are planning to fly to different places do it online, BEFORE you get to PI. It's all about cash when you get there. Most places will charge you what the credit company charges to use CC over there IF they even accept a credit card. As the saying goes it's More Fun in the Philippines(as long as you have $$)

Edited by YourHumboldtBud

Other than the Marriot twice while passing through Manila, we don't spend much money in Phils. We usually end up staying at relatives and living the local life style. That's cheaper than I live at home. It all depends what you want to do while you're visiting

Here's a tip, the last time we shipped a balikbayan ahead to cut down on luggage. My inlaws waited until we arrived to open it. I can't imagine hauling the extra 50 lbs. for 36 hours and 7,000 miles.

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Timeline

Thanks guys!

We're not staying in the hotel as my family in the Philippines lives in Manila. I just want to figure out the amount of pocket money I should bring as we're bringing our baby with us and I know that traveling with a kid needs enough cash in the pocket.

LoL. I don't give money to my relatives. I might be spending some money for occasionally dining with them while we're there. Yep. I am planning to do Balikbayan boxes before leaving here as I don't want to carry bunches of stuffs.

Thanks guys! I will save at least 2000 but not more than 4000.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Thanks guys!

We're not staying in the hotel as my family in the Philippines lives in Manila. I just want to figure out the amount of pocket money I should bring as we're bringing our baby with us and I know that traveling with a kid needs enough cash in the pocket.

LoL. I don't give money to my relatives. I might be spending some money for occasionally dining with them while we're there. Yep. I am planning to do Balikbayan boxes before leaving here as I don't want to carry bunches of stuffs.

Thanks guys! I will save at least 2000 but not more than 4000.

Every time I've traveled there, I came back with spending cash left over. With my vacation pay getting deposited while I'm gone and not spending that except on scheduled bill payments, I usually find I come back in better spare cash shape than when I left. Given I counted the money I was bringing with me as spent already.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.