jrh39

what would happen if priority date is current without noa2?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is exactly what every F2A beneficiary is wondering about too. USCIS won't give any information either.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That sucks!

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

You can contact USCIS and obtain a Service Request. If that yields no results, you can contact the CIS Ombudsman.

Their standard response has been...

"It appears that your priority date is not current and your case cannot be processed until the priority date is current and a visa number is available. These numbers are adjusted regularly by the Department of State and used by USCIS to determine when applications may be adjudicated. For additional information about visa availability visit the U.S. Department of State website for the “Visa Bulletin”, http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html. Because a visa number is not available at this time, our office will be closing this matter."

This will no longer be an issue if visa numbers are current. Hopefully, you won't get into this situation. Good luck!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can contact USCIS and obtain a Service Request. If that yields no results, you can contact the CIS Ombudsman.

Their standard response has been...

"It appears that your priority date is not current and your case cannot be processed until the priority date is current and a visa number is available. These numbers are adjusted regularly by the Department of State and used by USCIS to determine when applications may be adjudicated. For additional information about visa availability visit the U.S. Department of State website for the “Visa Bulletin”, http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html. Because a visa number is not available at this time, our office will be closing this matter."

This will no longer be an issue if visa numbers are current. Hopefully, you won't get into this situation. Good luck!

So we can assume that our i-130 will only be approved once our PD becomes current? I'm okay with that as long as its within the 2.5 years timeframe for F2A :lol: . I just wish USCIS will post an announcement stating that, so F2A petitioners and beneficiaries will have some peace of mind regarding the NOA2 process.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

The response was what I got from the CIS Ombudsman, not Vermont Service Center. Based on my conversation with the USCIS Customer Service tech, it appears the USCIS intent is to still approve applications prior to the dates becoming current.

What I understood from that email is that if I need to obtain a Service Request or any sort of "non-scripted response", I would have to wait until my PD is current.

If PD is not current, there simply isn't any point in contacting the Customer Service. They will not tell you anything you don't already know. It does not matter how high up the ladder you go (Tech 1/ Tech 2... you get the drift).

Hope that helps.

Anil

So we can assume that our i-130 will only be approved once our PD becomes current? I'm okay with that as long as its within the 2.5 years timeframe for F2A :lol: . I just wish USCIS will post an announcement stating that, so F2A petitioners and beneficiaries will have some peace of mind regarding the NOA2 process.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

The response was what I got from the CIS Ombudsman, not Vermont Service Center. Based on my conversation with the USCIS Customer Service tech, it appears the USCIS intent is to still approve applications prior to the dates becoming current.

What I understood from that email is that if I need to obtain a Service Request or any sort of "non-scripted response", I would have to wait until my PD is current.

If PD is not current, there simply isn't any point in contacting the Customer Service. They will not tell you anything you don't already know. It does not matter how high up the ladder you go (Tech 1/ Tech 2... you get the drift).

Hope that helps.

Anil

I have same PD as yours ANIL..and haven't received NOA2. I have called several times to customer service but got same answer..that i am under normal processing time and hence I cannot put a Service Request..now i gave up and just waiting for NOA2.

PD FEB 03 2011

Yep that was the same conversation i had with uscis customer service

1. You could receive your noa2 any time before or after priority date becomes current

But the difference is that.......

2. We have the right to solicit a service,request once our priority becomes current or vermont processing time is up to our pd

Hope that helps.

Anil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.