Wade&Carito

estimating time of K1 process to set wedding date

39 posts in this topic

We live in Missouri but we got married in Wisconsin. It was beautiful and private and so stress-free. We had so much fun - we have great pictures of us in the stream and on a little bridge in the woods - There was nothing to go wrong or be disappointed about because I had planned so little.

Kind of a long story made short - I choose Wisconsin because my sister lived there and she could be there with us.

It was so easy to plan - i called the shawano county courthouse, they gave me a phone number to a judge, we agreed on a location ( i had made a trip up to see my sister a few months prior and found what I thought was the perfect park) and about a week before the wedding I called a florist in shawano and asked them to make me a wedding bouquet I told them i didn't care about the colors just make it pretty - and also ordered a cake from a bakery - with the same instructions.

Total wedding cost:

dress - 170.00

suite - 300.00

judge - 100.00

flowers - 15.00

cake - 20.00

champagne -30.00

I wasn't trying to go for a budget wedding - I honestly thought we would do this and then have the real ceremony that we would plan later - NOt going to do that anymore - nothing could be better than it was - the day was perfect - I would rather use the money we saved to go back to Romania and celebrate with his family

See if it was just me and my fiancee that is exactly what we would do but this wedding is as much for our families too and they want something fancier. I am so envious of you guys though there is definitely a lot about your special day that appeals to me

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

See if it was just me and my fiancee that is exactly what we would do but this wedding is as much for our families too and they want something fancier. I am so envious of you guys though there is definitely a lot about your special day that appeals to me

Your families want a fancier wedding? I always had the most fun at the least fancy weddings. I think it should be up to the couple, unless someone wants to make a major donation to the cause.

Your families want a fancier wedding? I always had the most fun at the least fancy weddings. I think it should be up to the couple, unless someone wants to make a major donation to the cause.

hahah donations would certainly be more than welcome. Well they would prefer something more like a religious ceremony in a church and i think my fiance feels the same. I just like stress- free im definitely low maintenance!

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

we want a stress free wedding too !! my fiance doesnt want a county court house wedding because she says its not a place to get married at coz its alongside people waiting for a court appearance ? or something like that ! it seems they dont have register offices ? my fiance explained about the court house and the county court sounds like a register office in south yorks anyway :whistle: ! so reading comments here are inspiring,we have a choice of colarado (her sisters) or Maryland where we will live :thumbs: i suggested vegas but the reaction was..... :rofl:! i dont know why i even mentioned vegas ? it was just an idea i wasnt thinking of me as elvis and sand as superwoman ? it wouldnt go down well with me mum anyway ! oh and she has so far bought 4 pairs of shoes ,one for each season i think ? and its all vermonts fault!! if this takes any longer we will open a shoe shop........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I understand your feelings. I had the same problem before my NOA2 arrived. We had a very possitive experience but a few issues (not serious at all) but every of them made us waste one or two weeks to be solved. Since NVC was unable to read my bday (which was in every single form plus my passport) till Venezuelan Embassy did not know they had to give me my interview date.(hello!?!) So, we ended up waiting 8 months before we had the email with the interview date PLUS NINE weeks between that glorius moment and the actual interview which will be in April 24. So, my advice is: take it easy and better focus in gathering your documents and be extra prepared for any issue. Gather extra proofs of everything and get as much as information you can about the process. Good luck!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

we want a stress free wedding too !! my fiance doesnt want a county court house wedding because she says its not a place to get married at coz its alongside people waiting for a court appearance ? or something like that ! it seems they dont have register offices ? my fiance explained about the court house and the county court sounds like a register office in south yorks anyway :whistle: ! so reading comments here are inspiring,we have a choice of colarado (her sisters) or Maryland where we will live :thumbs: i suggested vegas but the reaction was..... :rofl:! i dont know why i even mentioned vegas ? it was just an idea i wasnt thinking of me as elvis and sand as superwoman ? it wouldnt go down well with me mum anyway ! oh and she has so far bought 4 pairs of shoes ,one for each season i think ? and its all vermonts fault!! if this takes any longer we will open a shoe shop........

Do you guys live in Maryland!!!! I will live in Joppa, closed to Baltimore. I wonder how can I get a judge like Azsara did, because I also want to get married out of the court house and I do not have too much time to book an officiant. Which are really expensive by the way!! Any tips?

Timeline

Do you guys live in Maryland!!!! I will live in Joppa, closed to Baltimore. I wonder how can I get a judge like Azsara did, because I also want to get married out of the court house and I do not have too much time to book an officiant. Which are really expensive by the way!! Any tips?

Timeline

Im not sure where Joppa is ? Baltimore yes,thats about an hour away i guess from where we will be,near Ellicott city ? we dont have any tips just yet,once i have a date for the interview and the visa we can plan things,so far its just looking for nice places and comparing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.