36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I called USCIS today and they informed me that they are currently working on the July 18, 2012 cases which is just mind boggling. It takes about 2 days or less to cash each check, but yet the sell us a dream of the K-1 visas process time to be about 5 months, now I'm hearing it could possibly take 5! The least they could have done was sent a letter to each applicant notifying us that the waiting period has been extended... Every other service center is moving @ a steady pace and approving September applicants. Had we gotten married our spouses would be a lot closer to coming abroad...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

same here my fiance do the same thing and they said we will have to wait patiently I think its unfair that som,e aug and sept filer was gettinbg approvbed while me as july filer dont have any news yet I just hope soon, this waiting is killing us both , we alredy contact our congressman

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I called USCIS today and they informed me that they are currently working on the July 18, 2012 cases which is just mind boggling. It takes about 2 days or less to cash each check, but yet the sell us a dream of the K-1 visas process time to be about 5 months, now I'm hearing it could possibly take 5! The least they could have done was sent a letter to each applicant notifying us that the waiting period has been extended... Every other service center is moving @ a steady pace and approving September applicants. Had we gotten married our spouses would be a lot closer to coming abroad...

California has slowed down since December. It happens. VSC used to be the slowest, but now it's just switched. Their goal is 5 months, but many people have and will wait longer. It's unfortunate, but getting worked up is not going to accomplish anything. The only other service center that processes I-129Fs is Vermont, which is barely ahead at this point.

As for the "July 18th" date - bear in mind that this is the date they recite as it's listed on the official processing times on the USCIS website and it has not been updated since December 31st, 2012.

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The only other service center that processes I-129Fs is Vermont, which is barely ahead at this point.

VSC is about a month ahead, and getting further ahead each day. Just look at the number of VJ VSC NOA2's every day.

Timeline

VSC is about a month ahead, and getting further ahead each day. Just look at the number of VJ VSC NOA2's every day.

Yes, almost a month? Potentially increasing. But CSC used to be a couple months ahead of VSC. Just a few months ago even.

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

09/19/2013 - Interview

Timeline

Last year VSC was the turtle now it has flipped and CSC is the turtle :(

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

Yes, almost a month? Potentially increasing. But CSC used to be a couple months ahead of VSC. Just a few months ago even.

vsc_i129f_approvals.gif

csc_i129f_approvals.gif

Timeline

vsc_i129f_approvals.gif

csc_i129f_approvals.gif

Uhm, I am aware? I didn't contradict you. Just trying to reassure the OP that we must be patient and understand that these things slow down and speed up as it happens.

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey

09/19/2013 - Interview

Timeline

Uhm, I am aware? I didn't contradict you. Just trying to reassure the OP that we must be patient and understand that these things slow down and speed up as it happens.

I don't like to BS false hope, and would rather be truthful. The data says over a month ahead, and every day CSC logs less NOA2's than VSC, it will continue to fall further behind.

I'm not trying to be a downer, just presenting facts, so people can make informed plans.

Edited by Bayareaguy

Timeline

I don't like to BS false hope, and would rather be truthful. The data says over a month ahead, and every day CSC logs less NOA2's than VSC, it will continue to fall further behind.

I'm not trying to be a downer, just presenting facts, so people can make informed plans.

There was no BS false hope in what I said and I was also truthful. I was also presenting the facts in the sense that they go back and forth between who is faster/slower and people do wait longer than 5 months. I don't know why you chose to lash out.

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey

09/19/2013 - Interview

Timeline

There was no BS false hope in what I said and I was also truthful. I was also presenting the facts in the sense that they go back and forth between who is faster/slower and people do wait longer than 5 months. I don't know why you chose to lash out.

Your right, it could change tomorrow.

But in the last 3 months, I don't think there has even been one day where CSC has had more NOA2's than VSC.

I'm a mushroom-cloud-laying m#%^@^$@%^$^r, m#%^@^$@%^$^r! Every time someone says "your NOA2 will come soon", I'm Superfly TNT, I'm the Guns of the Navarone!

Timeline

Your right, it could change tomorrow.

But in the last 3 months, I don't think there has even been one day where CSC has had more NOA2's than VSC.

I'm a mushroom-cloud-laying m#%^@^$@%^$^r, m#%^@^$@%^$^r! Every time someone says "your NOA2 will come soon", I'm Superfly TNT, I'm the Guns of the Navarone!

I doubt it will change, which is why I just encourage patience. No one is able to control or predict the USCIS - not even them apparently :P

LOL I get that. Or when people say "miracles happen" I tend to just think "well, human error that might benefit you" may have the tiniest chance. I wouldn't waste a miracle on a process that will eventually ride itself out!

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey

09/19/2013 - Interview

Timeline

whats the best we can do about it??? this waiting is really frustrating guys :(

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I think we have shown ad nauseam that this does NOT appear to be some seasonal or cyclical shift. Something much more significant is happening. Let me add some personal anecdotal evidence that goes along with the graphs BayAreaGuy posted. My NOA1 date is 11/30. Today marks day number 100 for me. In those 100 days, the graphs on Igor's list for CSC K1 processing are essentially the same as they were the day I got my NOA1. There has been no apparent progress in the 100 days that I have been sitting here. And there doesn't seem to be any indication that this will change any time soon.

The K1 visa was designed to unite families without having to undergo a long wait period. USCIS was mandated by law to fulfill that mission. They are failing at that mission. They provide no information about their processes nor about our specific cases. They are acting as if they are unaccountable. As if they are somehow above the law. This is why I will be writing my congress critters and the DHS ombudsman this weekend and I encourage everyone else to do the same. This is inexcusable.

Timeline

Yeah...a record high approvals for VSC and a record low for CSC in december, and I think the data will likely show the same for Jan and Feb. This is more than has been seen in the last 2 years at least.

And WTH, VSC is transferring DACA cases to NSC...HELLOOOOOO....that just makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Obviously, the decision makers for CSC workload aren't members of the brain trust.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.