11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello all.

My K-1 visa was recently approved, and now my fiance and I are beginning to get the paperwork ready for aos. My question is about the DS-3025. When I went to have my medical done, I was told by the Knightsbridge office that I would need 3 vaccinations. The doctor there told me that I didn't need to get them right that moment and that I could go to my local GP and get them there. Now after looking through VJ, I am seeing that USCIS won't accept this and I will need to fill out an I-693 and get the vaccinations done in america by a CS.

Now here is where I'm getting confused...

On my DS-3025 I have Td, Tdap, and MMR checked with VH next to varicella. at the bottom "Vaccine history incomplete" is checked along with "applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver", and the doctor signed and dated it. as far as I can see everything is filled out how it should be in order to avoid having to get a transcription from a CS in america.

What I'm worried about is that there is a note in the middle of it saying "applicant has chosen to deter the vaccinations at present time".. Does that mean that they only filled out those things so that I could continue on with the K-1 process until I start aos where I will to get them done properly? Or does it mean that I don't need to pay the CS in america to have the vaccinations done there..

Sorry if this post is a bit confusing, I'm just very confused myself lol.

Thanks in advance!

Hello all.

My K-1 visa was recently approved, and now my fiance and I are beginning to get the paperwork ready for aos. My question is about the DS-3025. When I went to have my medical done, I was told by the Knightsbridge office that I would need 3 vaccinations. The doctor there told me that I didn't need to get them right that moment and that I could go to my local GP and get them there. Now after looking through VJ, I am seeing that USCIS won't accept this and I will need to fill out an I-693 and get the vaccinations done in america by a CS.

Now here is where I'm getting confused...

On my DS-3025 I have Td, Tdap, and MMR checked with VH next to varicella. at the bottom "Vaccine history incomplete" is checked along with "applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver", and the doctor signed and dated it. as far as I can see everything is filled out how it should be in order to avoid having to get a transcription from a CS in america.

What I'm worried about is that there is a note in the middle of it saying "applicant has chosen to deter the vaccinations at present time".. Does that mean that they only filled out those things so that I could continue on with the K-1 process until I start aos where I will to get them done properly? Or does it mean that I don't need to pay the CS in america to have the vaccinations done there..

Sorry if this post is a bit confusing, I'm just very confused myself lol.

Thanks in advance!

They confuse people at Knightsbridge with their incorrect instructions. There is also no reason to write the extra comment. That is not in their technical instructions. Good news is I've known other UK persons to get the AOS ok, even though Knightsbridge wrote the comment. Your DS-3025 sounds complete IF the date of the MMR shot was in the last 10 years. For clarity what is the --

MMR date?

Medical date?

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Hello,

For AOS you need the CS to sign your papers (I-693) for you this is a must. First of all you have to know that must of the CS will insist to have an entire medical examination, they will not accept to just add your vaccines and sign it. If you are lucky and could find CS would accept doing just the vaccines assessment here in the US you would need Tdap, MMR and varicella (Those are what they made me have) So you have the DS-3025 and if it states that you took those three vaccines in the proper timeframe I don't think you will need to have those vaccines again. As I told you the problem is most of the CSs will not accept just to do the vaccines assessment. I went to two of them and they told me they don't accept to do parts of the I-693 even when I showed them that the instructions are very clear I was not required to do the medical exam because I had one abroad in less than a year so I had to pay 240$ extra for the medical examination.

I wish you all the best of luck.

Timeline

They confuse people at Knightsbridge with their incorrect instructions. There is also no reason to write the extra comment. That is not in their technical instructions. Good news is I've known other UK persons to get the AOS ok, even though Knightsbridge wrote the comment. Your DS-3025 sounds complete IF the date of the MMR shot was in the last 10 years. For clarity what is the --

MMR date?

Medical date?

MMR date is Oct 2005, and medical date was December 17th. So it should be fine? I was worried that maybe the comment would make my DS-3025 invalid and I would need to get all of the vacs done in US ($$$):/

MMR date is Oct 2005, and medical date was December 17th. So it should be fine? I was worried that maybe the comment would make my DS-3025 invalid and I would need to get all of the vacs done in US ($$$):/

Well it's actually not perfect. MMR is two doses. If your one dose was within four weeks of the medical exam, then a waiver for "insufficient time interval" would be marked. It wouldn't be medically advised to get another until 4 weeks had passed. With everything else done, it would do to have only one MMR. But seven years had passed since your dose one, so there was no medical reason why you wouldn't get the second dose.

I forgot to ask the date of Td and Tdap. One needed to be since Dec 2002...within the last 10 years. Do you have that?

Also A flu shot is required between Oct 1 and Mar 31.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Well it's actually not perfect. MMR is two doses. If your one dose was within four weeks of the medical exam, then a waiver for "insufficient time interval" would be marked. It wouldn't be medically advised to get another until 4 weeks had passed. With everything else done, it would do to have only one MMR. But seven years had passed since your dose one, so there was no medical reason why you wouldn't get the second dose.

I forgot to ask the date of Td and Tdap. One needed to be since Dec 2002...within the last 10 years. Do you have that?

Also A flu shot is required between Oct 1 and Mar 31.

See that's the thing, I don't have dates on any of the shots because I don't believe I got them. The doctor told me I could get them from my GP for less or cheaper than there, and that it wouldn't mvtter that they weren't from Knightsbridge (she didn't say specifically for less or cheaper, but I'm assuming that's why she would recommend this). The only date I have is next to the MMR, and that is the Oct 2005 which I suppose I need to get my second dose for.

I'm guessing that I am going to have to get those shots in america then, oh well. While I'm at it might as well ask if there is a specific doctor I need to go to get them or will just any american doctor do?

See that's the thing, I don't have dates on any of the shots because I don't believe I got them. The doctor told me I could get them from my GP for less or cheaper than there, and that it wouldn't mvtter that they weren't from Knightsbridge (she didn't say specifically for less or cheaper, but I'm assuming that's why she would recommend this). The only date I have is next to the MMR, and that is the Oct 2005 which I suppose I need to get my second dose for.

I'm guessing that I am going to have to get those shots in america then, oh well. While I'm at it might as well ask if there is a specific doctor I need to go to get them or will just any american doctor do?

What did you mean by this if you didn't get those marked on yoursheet. Should have a date beside Tdap/Td if you took an immunization record from your GP. Where did the Oct 2005 date come from? You said:

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

What did you mean by this if you didn't get those marked on yoursheet. Should have a date beside Tdap/Td if you took an immunization record from your GP. Where did the Oct 2005 date come from? You said:

That's why I'm confused though.. I was looking through the forums to see how the Ds-3025 should look if it's complete. My DS-3025 matches a supposedly complete one, except that I have no dates on my form for vaccinations received except the Oct 2005 for the MMR and then a date for Influenza. They ticked the boxes for Tdap/Td, but didn't put any dates because I don't have the vacs supposedly? So what I was trying to figure out was if they had just done that so I could continue with the K-1 visa process until aos came along, or if that is sufficient, or if they forgot to add the date, etc.

That's why I'm confused though.. I was looking through the forums to see how the Ds-3025 should look if it's complete. My DS-3025 matches a supposedly complete one, except that I have no dates on my form for vaccinations received except the Oct 2005 for the MMR and then a date for Influenza. They ticked the boxes for Tdap/Td, but didn't put any dates because I don't have the vacs supposedly? So what I was trying to figure out was if they had just done that so I could continue with the K-1 visa process until aos came along, or if that is sufficient, or if they forgot to add the date, etc.

Matches EXCEPT for dates. So it doesn't match, does it? It has to be completed (meaning filled out) properly. And it has to be completed (meaning all required shots). Do you have a link for the one you said was completed ?

Is your check mark for Tdap in column 6? That's where a shot is shown to be complete, on the same line as the shot name in column 1. Did you take something from your GP that says you had Tdap? I don't understand how you are vague on if you did or did not have Tdap.

This is crazy trying to understand so if you want to scan your document, I will look at it.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

I found this link:

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Specifically the following section:

Q: If an applicant is required to receive only the vaccinations, and not undergo the entire medical exam, does he/she have to submit the entire Form I-693?

No. Applicants who are not required to have the entire medical examination need to submit only pages one, three and five of the new form. The required sections include Part 1, Information About You, the vaccination record portion of Part 2, and Part 5 (if the vaccinations are administered by a civil surgeon) or Part 6 (if the vaccinations are administered by a local health department). Pages two and four, that would have been left blank, do not need to be submitted.

<br designtimesp="16209">Q: Does a designated civil surgeon have to sign Part 6 of Form I-693, or can the health department immunization staff sign it?

The signature in Part 6 must be the physician at the health department. It may be an original or stamped signature. The health department nurse or other health care professional may, but is not required to, co-sign the vaccination supplement. Part 6 will only be completed for those applicants who are filing based on refugee status.

that seems to say a health department can do the vaccination. We have the same concern. Does anyone have experience with this?

Hello,

For AOS you need the CS to sign your papers (I-693) for you this is a must. First of all you have to know that must of the CS will insist to have an entire medical examination, they will not accept to just add your vaccines and sign it. If you are lucky and could find CS would accept doing just the vaccines assessment here in the US you would need Tdap, MMR and varicella (Those are what they made me have) So you have the DS-3025 and if it states that you took those three vaccines in the proper timeframe I don't think you will need to have those vaccines again. As I told you the problem is most of the CSs will not accept just to do the vaccines assessment. I went to two of them and they told me they don't accept to do parts of the I-693 even when I showed them that the instructions are very clear I was not required to do the medical exam because I had one abroad in less than a year so I had to pay 240$ extra for the medical examination.

I wish you all the best of luck.

Edited by mgoodall

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I found this link:

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Specifically the following section:

Q: If an applicant is required to receive only the vaccinations, and not undergo the entire medical exam, does he/she have to submit the entire Form I-693?

No. Applicants who are not required to have the entire medical examination need to submit only pages one, three and five of the new form. The required sections include Part 1, Information About You, the vaccination record portion of Part 2, and Part 5 (if the vaccinations are administered by a civil surgeon) or Part 6 (if the vaccinations are administered by a local health department). Pages two and four, that would have been left blank, do not need to be submitted.

<br designtimesp="16209">Q: Does a designated civil surgeon have to sign Part 6 of Form I-693, or can the health department immunization staff sign it?

The signature in Part 6 must be the physician at the health department. It may be an original or stamped signature. The health department nurse or other health care professional may, but is not required to, co-sign the vaccination supplement. Part 6 will only be completed for those applicants who are filing based on refugee status.

that seems to say a health department can do the vaccination. We have the same concern. Does anyone have experience with this?

The information in that link is outdated. The I-693 is not even laid out that way anymore. When you do not require another medical exam, you will need PAGE 1 and the vaccinations sheet(PAGE 5) filled out by a civil surgeon. This is only if you did not have all the required vaccinations marked off on the DS-3025, and/or it was filled out incorrectly at your K-1 medical. Otherwise you just need to send a copy of the DS-3025 and skip the civil surgeon entirely.

Part 6 does not apply to you. You are not filing based on refugee status. You can get any vaccinations you are missing at the health department or from your own family doctor and take the records of those vaccinations with you to have a civil surgeon transcribe them onto an I-693 for you though.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.