wanderingbeing

N-400 Rejection Notice

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I sent out this Naturalization application a few weeks ago and got it back with the rejection notice saying:

The applicaton/petition you sent us is missing some pages. you can download a complete form from our website, or...

you have failed to make any selection in Part 2, Information about your eligibility on your application.

Please review and mark the appropriate block in part 2...

----

*Well upon reviewing my application I see clearly part 2 is marked with an X in the correct spot. I've looked through everything 10 times and there is no missing pages and I have all clear evidence and supporting documents. Any ideas? Is it possible it's something else and they just don't say it? Or possible they mixed me up with another application? I'm concidering just mailing back the application as is and see if they will take it.

Thanks for your time and opinions,

Nick

* Aug 6th, 2007 - Our Peruvian Wedding

I-129F: Currently @ CSC

* Dec 7th, 2007 - I-129f Recieved at Chicago Lockbox

* Feb 14th, 2008 - Recieved NOA1

* Feb 19th, 2008 - Touched

* Feb 20th, 2008 - Touched

* May 6th, 2008 - Recieved NOA2

* Jun 4th, 2008 - NVC Forwarded to Embassy

I-130: Currently @ Californica Service Center

* Dec 7th, 2007 - I-130 Recieved at Chicago Lockbox

* Feb 6th, 2008 - Check cashed for I-130

* Feb 9th, 2008 - Recieved NOA1

* Feb 14th, 2008 - Touched

Sometimes they make mistakes, because they are federal employees and so not hired for either their good looks or intelligence.

Refile with a covering note pointing out their error and you should be ok.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I did just notice I didn't put "US" in front of Department of Homeland Security on the Check Grrr.. But they didn't mention a problem with the check. I think I'll reprint the N400 and put a new check and try again. I don't want to say they made a mistake even if they did cause well thats not a good start heh. Hopefully a different agent will get this application. I'll let you know how that goes.

* Aug 6th, 2007 - Our Peruvian Wedding

I-129F: Currently @ CSC

* Dec 7th, 2007 - I-129f Recieved at Chicago Lockbox

* Feb 14th, 2008 - Recieved NOA1

* Feb 19th, 2008 - Touched

* Feb 20th, 2008 - Touched

* Jun 4th, 2008 - NVC Forwarded to Embassy

I-130: Currently @ Californica Service Center

* Dec 7th, 2007 - I-130 Recieved at Chicago Lockbox

* Feb 6th, 2008 - Check cashed for I-130

* Feb 9th, 2008 - Recieved NOA1

* Feb 14th, 2008 - Touched

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Did you print out your N-400 application single or double sided. A real N-400 application is printed double sided, less pages to get mixed up or lost. But then you meet nuts at the DOS where they want their double sided application printed out in single sheets. Only way to get around that is to hand fill their application.

With marriage, takes a long time to print out all that evidence required and organize it very neatly. We spent about twenty hours doing that and also made a duplicate copy in case the original was lost. Felt at times, should have just waited another two years, but were in a panic state about never receiving that ten year green card with trips to the local field office for an I-551 stamp. Then try to explain to other government agencies what in the hell a one year extension notice or a I-551 stamp is in a foreign passport. Got to the point of asking everyone I met, do you know what the USCIS is? Not one person I met even heard about this agency. Well that guy at the POE coming back, did hear about them.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Sometimes they make mistakes, because they are federal employees and so not hired for either their good looks or intelligence.

Refile with a covering note pointing out their error and you should be ok.

Are you kidding me? People who open envelopes and generate a case in an USCIS system are definitely not federal employees. They are working for a company that has a contract with the government. It's highly unlikely they are making significantly more than the minimum wage. Same for the people who answer the 800 number.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.