soundedguy

Arrest documents

21 posts in this topic

I would send a copy with your application, certainly doesn't hurt.

I'm a little worried about this letter from your wife. What exactly does it say? I'd be wary to use a letter from your wife because it looks like you bullied her into writing a letter for you. Given your arrest for domestic violence you want to avoid anything that could be seen like you are exerting pressure on your wife. If the letter is simply an outline of events "this is what happened. I got angry and called the police. We are seeing a counselor together/ourselves", rather than "it was all my fault. He is totally innocent etc etc" then it'd be fine. But still, I wouldn't include any letter from her personally.

I agree with you. The letter has we had an arguement due to my jealousy which made me angry and ended calling the police, there was no act of violence going on. I think I will use your suggestion, it's more appealing. I appreciate all the response and suggestions.

Naturalization

04/08/2013 - N-400 Mailed

07/22/2013 - N-400 Recommended for approval

08/13/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Officially a US citizen.

08/20/2013 - I-130 for Mom mailed

09/02/2013 - NOA received

03/04/2014 - I-130 Approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You will be fine. No charges were filed, it's just an arrest. No really a big deal I don't think.

When it's domestic violence it's always right to be wary. Just like if it was a drug arrest. USCIS does, and has, used the mere fact of an arrest against someone with the statement that the lack of charges just meant they didn't have enough evidence, not that the person didn't do anything. So it's better to assume the worst and prepare accordingly.

When it's domestic violence it's always right to be wary. Just like if it was a drug arrest. USCIS does, and has, used the mere fact of an arrest against someone with the statement that the lack of charges just meant they didn't have enough evidence, not that the person didn't do anything. So it's better to assume the worst and prepare accordingly.

I totally understand that admission is equal to conviction. I didn't admit to doing anything but argument. Even the police statement says argument on my part. I won't be admitting to doing anything wrong but arguing with my wife due to her gambling problem. Might be a smart idea taking a lawyer with me during the interview.

Naturalization

Officially a US citizen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I totally understand that admission is equal to conviction. I didn't admit to doing anything but argument. Even the police statement says argument on my part. I won't be admitting to doing anything wrong but arguing with my wife due to her gambling problem. Might be a smart idea taking a lawyer with me during the interview.

You totally can if you want, but if you have the police statement from the arrest then that would be good as well. You should be able to get a copy.

You are doing the right thing by enclosing a copy of the police record, and DA's letter. If you can get the arrest record that would be even better.

You totally can if you want, but if you have the police statement from the arrest then that would be good as well. You should be able to get a copy.

You are doing the right thing by enclosing a copy of the police record, and DA's letter. If you can get the arrest record that would be even better.

Yes I will be enclosing also the police report along with my application and can only wish for the best. I know I can't be deported on that and would even be happy just having my green card.

Naturalization

Officially a US citizen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.