Alabama123

Emergency Visa

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello all,

I need your help. I got married to my wife who is a US citizen. We live and reside in Turkey for almost a year now. Currently her mom have terminal cancer is she is on her last days. Her mom want to see us before anything happens to her(God Forbid). I will be traveling with my wife to Nigeria to apply for emergency visa to visit her mom because she cant go through all this without me there with her. What are the required docs for emergency visa and can it be given to me. I'm just nervous and need help.

Thanks to all that help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You would need a tourist visa; you can probably get the interview appointment brought forward based on the mom's illness with a doctor's letter, but if there are indeed only days left, your wife may need to go ahead to be sure to get there in time. You need ties to your home country and/ or the country you currently live in, such as a good job, minor kids left behind, a business you own etc. In your specific case, it would be a good idea for your wife the US citizen to also show such ties, because if she doesn't stay in the USA, then neither will you.

If you are legal in Turkey, you can apply there, no need to travel

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Wait... in your post last year you said you already had a tourist visa: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/400740-married-already-now-got-tourist-visa/

If you are asking for an "emergency visa" to go live in the USA long term, there is no such thing. If that is your intention, then have your wife petition you for a IR-1 spousal visa- you can visit using the tourist visa during the process, but NOT live or work in the USA on this.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Applying for any non immigrant visa you will be required to prove that you will leave when your visit is over. That would be nearly impossible from Nigeria when you have a USC wife. If you want to live in the US like your prior post indicted then your wife should wilfe for an IR1 visa and you can move to the US. If your wives mother is truely in her last days your wife should be on a plane to the US to spend time not following you to Nigeria to advance your immigration efforts.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.