So many Philipinos

117 posts in this topic

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only speak for myself on that one. Women from PI are very loving and tend to be traditional. Thats not to say any other asian women are not like that but for me at least Luz fits what I want in a wife perfectly.

Filed: Timeline

I think it's because these guys are all addicted to Chicken Adobo.

ROFL!!

:P

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

I think it's because these guys are all addicted to Chicken Adobo.

ROFL!!

:P

yeah platy I agree! LOL!

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: Timeline

My best friend and former roommate was half-Filipino (and half-German....talk about a weird combination!) His Mom would make Adobo, egg rolls, and such and bring them over to our apartment. We were also never out of rice, as she'd buy 50 pound bags and give one to us. LOL

Blake's parents plan to buy a plantation in the Philippines and retire there.

As for the "why" question... I think it's because Blake's Dad, who is German-American (His Dad immigrated from Germany):

1) wanted a woman with "traditional" values and

2) Was stationed in the Philippines and met his future wife there.

Their relationship has caused more than a few comments from their American peers. Blake's Dad is very "proper" , "authoritative", and strict. It's his house, his rules, schedules must be followed, etc. He isn't, however, cruel, abusive, or anything like that. Just very strict.

Blake's Mom, on the other hand, was raised to be in a subservient role; to allow the man to make the rules of the house, let him be in charge, etc. This is what she expects, and what makes her happy. They have been together for something like 35 years, and still love each other very much. *shrugs* It works for them.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My ex-wife was hispanic...followed by a girlfriend from China, a Puerto Rican, and a woman who had a Korean mother and an African American father before being introduced to Jinky (Philippines) through mutual friends. I have 4 living brothers, all who married women from different countries, Equador, Germany, Samoa, and Czech Republic. On my father's side, his mother was an Irish immigrant who married an American with English ancestry. On my mother's side, her great grandfather was an Irish immigrant who married a Comanche (Native American).

Even with Jinky, her father is 1/4 Chinese.

Based on the people here in VJ, there seems to be several countries where most of the foreign spouses come from - Canada, UK, and the Philippines. My hunch is that language (English) comes into play followed by similar cultures. Compared to the rest of Asia, the Philippines is more westernized and proficiency in English is emphasized in schools. Their culture also seems very similar to Mexican culture.

Edited by Steven_and_Jinky

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I'll have to ask the hubby when he gets back from his camping trip but I'm certainly not the "traditional" mold of a Filipina wife, I guess as I was raised in Oz.

I don't really cook and one time I did do laundry...I flooded the basement floor lol.

And I'll only vacuum when Sears make a ride-on one ;) jk

I-130

09/06/06: Sent I-130 to VSC via MP - sig confirm, 09/08/06 Mail arrived @ VSC

09/11/06: NOA1

09/18/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

09/19/06: Touched

09/20/06: Touched

I-129F

09/23/06: Sent I-129F (new form) to Chi P.O Box via MP - certified mail w/ return receipt

09/25/06: Mail arrived @ Chi

09/27/06: NOA1

09/28/06: Touched (no status change) - check $

09/29/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

10/03/06: Touched

10/04/06: Touched

10/26/06: Touched - case transferred Chi to VSC

10/27/06: Touched

11/04/06: Touched - VSC received case on 11/3

11/07/06: Touched

11/08/06: Touched

11/09/06: Touched - case now pending 11/18

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm also at FBI

My best friend and former roommate was half-Filipino (and half-German....talk about a weird combination!) His Mom would make Adobo, egg rolls, and such and bring them over to our apartment. We were also never out of rice, as she'd buy 50 pound bags and give one to us. LOL

Blake's parents plan to buy a plantation in the Philippines and retire there.

As for the "why" question... I think it's because Blake's Dad, who is German-American (His Dad immigrated from Germany):

1) wanted a woman with "traditional" values and

2) Was stationed in the Philippines and met his future wife there.

Their relationship has caused more than a few comments from their American peers. Blake's Dad is very "proper" , "authoritative", and strict. It's his house, his rules, schedules must be followed, etc. He isn't, however, cruel, abusive, or anything like that. Just very strict.

Blake's Mom, on the other hand, was raised to be in a subservient role; to allow the man to make the rules of the house, let him be in charge, etc. This is what she expects, and what makes her happy. They have been together for something like 35 years, and still love each other very much. *shrugs* It works for them.

So do you like Adobo?or any particular filipino food?

I make a chicken/pork adobo combo and its always a hit in my households..although Gary like my..hrmmm lumpia(eggroll) best!

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
I'll have to ask the hubby when he gets back from his camping trip but I'm certainly not the "traditional" mold of a Filipina wife, I guess as I was raised in Oz.

I don't really cook and one time I did do laundry...I flooded the basement floor lol.

And I'll only vacuum when Sears make a ride-on one ;) jk

By traditional I just meant being great cooks and stuff like that...

To be honest, the idea of being raised to be in a "subservient" role makes me cringe...and to 'expect' the man to be in charge, it just implies an inferior role in a relationship. Like the womam can't/won't make her own mind up or stand up for herself, like 'whatever you say honey' mentality...

I-130

09/06/06: Sent I-130 to VSC via MP - sig confirm, 09/08/06 Mail arrived @ VSC

09/11/06: NOA1

09/18/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

09/19/06: Touched

09/20/06: Touched

I-129F

09/23/06: Sent I-129F (new form) to Chi P.O Box via MP - certified mail w/ return receipt

09/25/06: Mail arrived @ Chi

09/27/06: NOA1

09/28/06: Touched (no status change) - check $

09/29/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

10/03/06: Touched

10/04/06: Touched

10/26/06: Touched - case transferred Chi to VSC

10/27/06: Touched

11/04/06: Touched - VSC received case on 11/3

11/07/06: Touched

11/08/06: Touched

11/09/06: Touched - case now pending 11/18

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm also at FBI

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
To be honest, the idea of being raised to be in a "subservient" role makes me cringe...and to 'expect' the man to be in charge, it just implies an inferior role in a relationship. Like the womam can't/won't make her own mind up or stand up for herself, like 'whatever you say honey' mentality...

:yes::thumbs:

Jinky's parents recently visited her two sisters who are working abroad in Ireland as RN's - they've been there now about 6 years. Her sister Jennith's fiance who is Irish said one morning as he was ironing his shirt, the father looked at him like he was wearing women's underwear. :P The father then called out to his wife to come and iron the shirt. Jinky and I just laugh about it. I think all cultures go through their own timeline of progress - Jinky's generation is much less into such rigid roles. What I find a bit ironic is that the Philippines have now had 2 women Presidents and they're democracy is much younger than ours (USA).

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

good supply of hot women? :P

to all the guys who married filipinas: congratulations! :thumbs:

Daniel

:energetic:

Ana (Mexico) ------ Daniel (California)(me)

---------------------------------------------

Sept. 11, 2004: Got married (civil), in Mexico :D

July 23, 2005: Church wedding

===============================

K3(I-129F):

Oct. 28, 2004: Mailed I-129F.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Nov. 3, 2004: NOA1!!!!

Nov. 5, 2004: Check Cashed!!

zzzz deep hibernationn zzzz

May 12, 2005 NOA2!!!! #######!!! huh???

off to NVC.

May 26, 2005: NVC approves I129F.

CR1(I-130):

Oct. 6, 2004: Mailed I-130.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Oct. 8, 2004: I-130 Delivered to CSC in Laguna Niguel.

~Per USPS website's tracking tool.

Oct. 12, 2004 BCIS-CSC Signs for I-130 packet.

Oct. 21, 2004 Check cashed!

Oct. 25, 2004 NOA1 (I-130) Go CSC!!

Jan. 05, 2005 Approved!!!! Off to NVC!!!!

NVC:

Jan. 05, 2005 ---> in route from CSC

Jan. 12, 2005 Case entered system

Jan. 29, 2005 Received I-864 Bill

Jan. 31, 2005 Sent Payment to St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 01, 2005 Wife received DS3032(Choice of Agent)

Feb. 05, 2005 Payment Received in St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 08, 2005 Sent DS3032 to Portsmouth NH

Feb. 12, 2005 DS3032 Received by NVC

Mar. 04, 2005 Received IV Bill

Mar. 04, 2005 Sent IV Bill Payment

Mar. 08, 2005 Received I864

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Mar. 21, 2005 I864 Received my NVC

Apr. 18, 2005 Received DS230

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

Apr. 20, 2005 DS230 received by NVC (signed by S Merfeld)

Apr. 22, 2005 DS230 entered NVC system

Apr. 27, 2005 CASE COMPLETE

May 10, 2005 CASE SENT TO JUAREZ

Off to Cd. Juarez! :D

calls to NVC: 6

CIUDAD JUAREZ, American Consulate:

Apr. 27, 2005 case completed at NVC.

May 10, 2005 in route to Juarez.

May 25, 2005 Case at consulate.

-- Legal Disclaimer:What I say is only a reflection of what I did, going to do, or may do; it may also reflect what I have read others did, are going to do, or may do. What you do or may do is what you do or may do. You do so or may do so strictly out of your on voilition; or follow what a lawyer advised you to do, or may do. Having said that: have a nice day!

No offense to American women but filipinas are much better. They are more honest caring loving than most American women and more intelligent.They sure know how to make lumpia.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM