11 posts in this topic

I think it depends if you get just the Advance Parole document or the combo AP/EAD card.

I got the combo card -- it's like a credit card size with name, photo, etc printed on it.

My kids got just AP documents (too young to work!). Theirs are full-size documents, thicker paper, again with name, photo, etc printed on it.

Hope that helps.

The K-1 Visa journey for myself and my two K-2 children:

K-1: NOA1 2011-8-10; NOA2 2012-1-12; Interview 2012-4-24; Visa issued 2012-9-17; POE (Sarnia) 2012-9-26; Wedding! 2012-10-02
AOS: NOA1 2012-11-20; Biometrics 2012-12-14; AP/EAD approved 2013-1-11; Interview 2013-1-31; 2-yr Green cards in hand 2013-2-9 (101 days total)

ROC: NOA1 11-7-14; Biometrics 12-1-14; 10-yr Green cards ordered 4-13-15! (157 days total)

Counting down to naturalization time!

since dhs made the request for biometrics this sign they favor approving ap/ead? as my thinking why they waste time for biometrics if things was not look good? also what percent of apps not approved?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

since dhs made the request for biometrics this sign they favor approving ap/ead? as my thinking why they waste time for biometrics if things was not look good? also what percent of apps not approved?

ALL qualified and properly prepared applications are approved. 0% of improperly prepared applications are approved.

An AP only looks like an I-797C notice (letter) with a passport sized photo of the immigrant at the bottom. You get TWO. The first time you use it, you give them both, they stamp both and keep one

The combination EAD/AP looks like a drivers license with photo and is valid for both work and travel.

FWIW Alla got her EAD and AP after her green card and turned them in when she took the citizenship oath where they ask for you to turn over any "immigration documents"

They are doing the biometrics because...why not? They need to do them anyway. NOTHING will be approved and sent until you clear up the RFE, since they were filed concurrently, everything is on hold

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

uscis already accepted the returned papers for the rfe and nothing is on hold also even when got the rfe the ap was not placed on hold

The papers you sent to respond to the RFE were delivered, that does not equal "acceptance" in a sense that means what you sent addressed the RFE satisfactorily.

Everything filed concurrently is on hold until the RFE response is approved. If the response to the RFE is not acceptable your application will be denied. They do not send multiple RFEs. If you do not send what they ask for the application gets denied. Denials take longer to process than approvals. Since the EAD and AP were applied for concurrently (for free) they will not be approved either unless the RFE response is acceptable. In cases where EADs and APs are sent before an RFE, the RFE suspends the benefits of the AP and EAD. There have been cases where a spouse traveled outside the country on an AP and while they were out of the country an RFE suspended their AP and they were not allowed to re-enter until the RFE was addressed and the response approved. You do not have an EAD or AP in your hand, and you will not, until they determine if the RFE response was suitable.

If the EAD and AP are filed for separately and the separate fees are paid, then an RFE for the I-485 does not affect them

To answer your question as to whether biometrics indicates a pending approval...NO. Biometrics are just part of the process. In every case that is denied, the applicant had biometrics done first.

Gary And Alla

gary first off as you may not had read everything has been addressed for the rfe. so be as so kind and stop your comments. I understand you know alot about uscis things and such and I understand alla has worked in the uscis but we had never talked in detail so many things you are assuming has not been dealt with and I am sure other members and quests of vj are tired of it also.

Timeline

gary first off as you may not had read everything has been addressed for the rfe. so be as so kind and stop your comments. I understand you know alot about uscis things and such and I understand alla has worked in the uscis but we had never talked in detail so many things you are assuming has not been dealt with and I am sure other members and quests of vj are tired of it also.

Good luck Ron. Keep us posted.

I never said in anything above that you had not addressed all issues of the RFE, in fact I do not know. USCIS decides that, not you or I. That decision has yet to be made.

To be complete, Alla does not and has not "worked for" USCIS, Alla HAS, and does, provide interpretation services for USCIS applicants as an independent contractor. She has many medical and governmental clients. She is self employed in that role and I do not wish for anyone to mistake her as being an employeee of USCIS, she is not and does not make that claim.

Some close friends of ours ARE employees of USCIS, neither Alla or I are employees of USCIS.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

this feb 19th sveta has her bio appointment. my question is what does a travel doc look like? will it have a photo or just a peice of paper?

well, from studying yer timeline - it appears that the EAD and AP were applied for at the same time, with the AOS.

Cool !

She'll get the combo AP/EAD card, resembles a drivers license.

Go Get Em !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

gary i was not attacking alla was stating I understand how she would know alot about uscis paper work

Ron, I did not say you "attacked Alla". You did not. Your wording implied she worked for USCIS and she does not. Just being clear about that.

I just do not wish anyone to think she has claimed to be an employee of USCIS.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.