I AM NOT THAT GUY

Is it time for a woman to be pope?

12 members have voted

1. 1. Time?

46 posts in this topic

The office of Pope was created by Constantine for his own political purposes -- and should have been abolished by 1453 when the remnant Roman (Byzantine) Empire finally fell.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

A number of people come up with many different opinions on things, but it doesn't make it right even if a number of people think it. Personally, I think what parts a person has between their legs has less bearing on how good a leader they may be than what is contained upstairs.

I respect all your opinions,I just shared mine to question if it is time for a woman to bla bla. salamat.

Its time hasn't quite come yet to the Catholic church. Maybe the next pope might at least moving into the 19th century in regards to a woman's place in the church? But I won't hold my breath waiting for it.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

honestly jack #######.... Half of the BS 'fashionable' items that women 'think' are cute are actually quite ugly/a turn off...

You should be the expert on 'ugly'! Most of what you post certainly qualifies!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

In recent years a number of people have come to realize that it would make a lot more sense for women to rule the world again. Some are famous men like the Dalai Lama,Archbishop Desmond Tutu, billionaire Ted Tuner,author Martin Amis,and film director Michael Winner.

It is impossible for a woman to be pope...obviously. We respect this; God has appointed men as leaders in the home and in church. No long arguments bout this,what they only wish is ..younger pope.

Answer; NO

Really? You have seen the signed order from God and you have been able to confirm the authenticity of the signature? :lol::no:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

While I'm not a fan of Roman Catholicism (and I do not believe their line of "popes" is true, nor do I think this office was instituted by Christ), it seems rather far-fetched to think Constantine had any affect on Christendom other than the famous Edict of Milan and it's implications. To think that men (I mean leaders in the church) who tirelessly slaved to preserve and hold fast to their faith, who were missing limbs, scarred by former Roman tyranny, many abolished or lives threatened because they would not give up their faith in Christ nor declare worship to Emperor's by proclaiming "kaiser kurios" ("Caesar is LORD" - this declaration was the only requisite for many to be acquitted of the crime of holding to Christianity at the time), all of a sudden give in to a new tyrant and let him run the show? What could he have possibly threatened them with that former Roman tyrants hadn't? Tyranny was not new to Christendom in the 300's and I find it difficult to believe these people were persuaded so easily by a new Emperor who was not threatening them.

That's just my point of view

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think the whole office of Pope should be abolished. People treat him like a god, and he certainly is not.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

duh, fashion isn't about wearing something to turn on a man...fashion is about being fabulous. and so is being the pope.

Women dress to impress other women, not men. I heard this from women I know.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

what would a female pope be called? ..... popess perhaps

Pope come from the greek for father, so for female would derive from Mother I guess. Would be something like, Mope.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Pope come from the greek for father, so for female would derive from Mother I guess. Would be something like, Mope.

:lol:

My friend used to joke with me that he wanted to be the first Mormon Pope. Mope.

((He was just kidding. Neither of us are Mormons. I felt I should clarify in case people start telling me there isn't such a position.))

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

Its time hasn't quite come yet to the Catholic church. Maybe the next pope might at least moving into the 19th century in regards to a woman's place in the church? But I won't hold my breath waiting for it.

Or about most things really.

I know most Catholics I know have an "OK grandpa, whatever you say..." attitude towards the pope. It is a rift that really has to be dealt with in a meaningful way for the church to be any more than a cultural relic. It was funny for me to watch the reporting on the 2005 Welt-Jugendtag in Koeln. They'd ask teenagers and adults who considered themselves Catholics about issues like abortion, IVF, gay marriage, women in the priesthood, marriage of priests, etc. Not many agreed with the Vatican's stance on much of anything. That was nearly 8 years ago now and I can't imagine the situation has improved any in favor of the Papacy. Polls in the US have Catholics completely split on many major issues.

I am not Catholic, so don't have a real dog in the fight, but I hope whoever becomes the next Pope is someone who is interested in taking the Church forward instead of backwards.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

:lol: and very close to Dope

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Or about most things really.

I know most Catholics I know have an "OK grandpa, whatever you say..." attitude towards the pope. It is a rift that really has to be dealt with in a meaningful way for the church to be any more than a cultural relic. It was funny for me to watch the reporting on the 2005 Welt-Jugendtag in Koeln. They'd ask teenagers and adults who considered themselves Catholics about issues like abortion, IVF, gay marriage, women in the priesthood, marriage of priests, etc. Not many agreed with the Vatican's stance on much of anything. That was nearly 8 years ago now and I can't imagine the situation has improved any in favor of the Papacy. Polls in the US have Catholics completely split on many major issues.

I am not Catholic, so don't have a real dog in the fight, but I hope whoever becomes the next Pope is someone who is interested in taking the Church forward instead of backwards.

Being a member of the Catholic church in the USA, I understand what you're saying, but you'd be surprised how many in the church actually do agree with the Pope, even in the USA. I tried looking up "2005 Welt-Jugendtag in Koeln" but its not in my language, so I'm not sure what was actually in it. But what you also have to understand, the Catholic Church isn't just active in Europe and the USA. If you don't think many hold with the Pope's views, you should see how much support his policies have in the Philippines. Heck they just now passed a reproductive health bill, to help those that choose it, to get access to birth control. Last year there was a city that outlawed birth control in that country!

But even for Catholics that look at the Pope as a grandfatherly and little behind figurehead (ok a lot more than a little behind the times). Respected, if not exactly followed, there is an entire other part of the Catholic church which is missed by those not in the church. These are the teachings that have nothing to do with birth control, or women priests, or gay and lesbians. Those are things that are rarely ever brought up, at least in my church. Faith in god and his plan. Accepting others as Christ did. Helping those less fortunate with food, shelter, clothing. Being the best you can be, and being thankful every day with what god and life has given you. Actually very good and positive things that are being done every day and preached every day by the church. These are the things that people are hearing in the Catholic church, not people's complaints about what the Pope decrees. I find it rather funny how many who are not in the church, want to tell the church how to operate. It the Catholics changed and did every thing they said, would these people actually join and be a part? I highly doubt it, they'd just find another church to pick on. I have a friend who is an atheist, who claims to have no belief in god or any supernatural power. Which is fine by me, its his personal choice how to believe. But I've also notice he does have a religion, and his religion is bashing all religions and trying to convince those with any kind of faith that they shouldn't have it. I've actually met many like him, they take having no religion so seriously, they attempt to convert all that do have one to their faith in none.

When I was younger, I left the catholic church for many of the reasons I hear people complain about. But time and experience has taught me much about life and religion. I could practice my faith in any church, but chose to return to if for two reasons. First, its the one I was raised in and feels familiar. And second, its my wife's religion which she deeply believes in despite the faults we both acknowledge it has. Its just like a person that way, flawed and imperfect, slowly working to be better, but yet stumbling and falling backwards at times. But still you accept it as you would accept the flaws in a person you loved. I'm sure it will move forward, but not until almost all people in the church are ready for it and hardly anyone will notice it changed.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
Being a member of the Catholic church in the USA, I understand what you're saying, but you'd be surprised how many in the church actually do agree with the Pope, even in the USA. I tried looking up "2005 Welt-Jugendtag in Koeln" but its not in my language, so I'm not sure what was actually in it. But what you also have to understand, the Catholic Church isn't just active in Europe and the USA. If you don't think many hold with the Pope's views, you should see how much support his policies have in the Philippines. Heck they just now passed a reproductive health bill, to help those that choose it, to get access to birth control. Last year there was a city that outlawed birth control in that country!

It was one of those things I had never heard of in English, so the German word is my word. :? Assuming Wiki is right, the name of the event in English is simply a direct translation from German, so World Youth Day. I apologize for the confusion.

The 20th World Youth Day 2005 (German: XX. Weltjugendtag Köln) was a Catholic youth festival that started on August 16 and continued until August 21, 2005 in Cologne, Germany. It was the first World Youth Day and foreign trip of Pope Benedict XVI, who joined the festival on August 18. This meeting was decided by the previous pope, John Paul II, during the Toronto World Youth Day of 2002. The theme was "We have come to worship Him" (from Matthew 2:2).

About 400,000 young people from 200 countries attended during the week, and more than 1,000,000 came for the weekend. They were joined by about 600 bishops and cardinals, as well as by 6,600 reporters.

It the Catholics changed and did every thing they said, would these people actually join and be a part?

That's a good question. Speaking only for myself, if the Church managed to improve itself for the better, I still couldn't join it for the same reason I couldn't join any Christian church: I don't accept Christ as my Lord and Savior. I mean, I would have already been a liberal Episcopalian by now because I am with them on many things but the main point of it all. :wacko: However, I think that improving some parts of the Church would inherently improve the well-being population it serves and that would be a net good for humanity which is why I am interested in it at all as an outsider.

I have a friend who is an atheist, who claims to have no belief in god or any supernatural power. Which is fine by me, its his personal choice how to believe. But I've also notice he does have a religion, and his religion is bashing all religions and trying to convince those with any kind of faith that they shouldn't have it. I've actually met many like him, they take having no religion so seriously, they attempt to convert all that do have one to their faith in none.

Ah the New Atheism movement within general atheism. You can see the finest examples of it on Reddit's r/atheism or if you subscribe to Richard Dawkins's Twitter feed. Several years back before there was a term coined for it, I used to be one of them. More of an insufferably smug rabid anti-theist than anything else. After a year or so, I realized I was being just as hateful and bigoted as any Christian fundy I was railing against and knocked it off. I was then finally able to examine my and other people's beliefs in an intellectually honest way, took some secular courses on the academic study of religion, started seriously reading texts and commentary from both points of view. After years of time, thought, and study, I am no longer an atheist.

When I was younger, I left the catholic church for many of the reasons I hear people complain about. But time and experience has taught me much about life and religion. I could practice my faith in any church, but chose to return to if for two reasons. First, its the one I was raised in and feels familiar. And second, its my wife's religion which she deeply believes in despite the faults we both acknowledge it has. Its just like a person that way, flawed and imperfect, slowly working to be better, but yet stumbling and falling backwards at times. But still you accept it as you would accept the flaws in a person you loved. I'm sure it will move forward, but not until almost all people in the church are ready for it and hardly anyone will notice it changed.

Understandable.

That's a good question. Speaking only for myself, if the Church managed to improve itself for the better, I still couldn't join it for the same reason I couldn't join any Christian church: I don't accept Christ as my Lord and Savior. I mean, I would have already been a liberal Episcopalian by now because I am with them on many things but the main point of it all. :wacko: However, I think that improving some parts of the Church would inherently improve the well-being population it serves and that would be a net good for humanity which is why I am interested in it at all as an outsider.

You're no doubt right that a change in church views could certainly help in some ways. I watch the Catholic church fight against birth control in the Philippines, where they hold very strong sway. Poor people that cannot afford more children, also cannot afford birth control, and the church has fought every effort of the government to supply it. So you see poor families with a dozen kids, many of who will not be properly clothed, fed or educated, leading to more poverty. The middle class and rich do not normally have families this large. This same policy has also helped fuel a population rise faster than the economy, which of course just makes people worse off. After trying for many attempts by more enlightened people, the government will finally start helping to provide birth control to the poor.

On the opposite side, this strong belief in god and church gives Filipinos real faith that life will be OK even when its hard. That god does have a plan for them, and to accept his will. They're really a very happy people in general, even when a lot of bad ####### is going on in their lives. I've learned a lot from watching how they live and how they choose to be happy even with adversity. If the church tomorrow changed all its views and said use birth control, divorce if you want, let gay people get married, and women can now be priests and Pope, how many of these very faithful people would suddenly feel lost and loose faith? I honestly think these are the thoughts going through the church's upper leaders. They know in countries like the USA and Europe Catholics are ignoring many edicts, and have made those decisions with intelligent choice. But there are still many more in the third world that are not ready to have so much choice just handed to them. It would go against everything they were taught and believe. The one place they looked to for consistency, their church, had suddenly abandoned them. And thats the other side of the sword the church needs to deal with and consider. They may officially announce it differently, but those leaders are not blind stupid men. Which is why I know they will make the changes, just not until almost everyone in the faith worldwide is ready for it.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016