16 posts in this topic

Its a sad event, but it can be a blessing in disguise. I did such a good follow up to the RFE I got on the K1 I filed, that my now wife flew through the interview. I think I was in a fog during the entire filing process. So much depended on these papers, I was so excited, I was so worried, its like my mind was constantly bouncing around. I thought I had it down perfect, but the RFE told me I made some mistakes. I really took my time and was very careful with the RFE. My now wife was all excited and wondering when I'd send the response. I told her I wouldn't rush it, something I think I did with the original petition, I super organised and explained exactly every thing I include in my response. When I returned the RFE I had total confidence, and six days later we had the NOA2.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

no i got a txt message/// cant wait to see what they want from me

Its a sad event, but it can be a blessing in disguise. I did such a good follow up to the RFE I got on the K1 I filed, that my now wife flew through the interview. I think I was in a fog during the entire filing process. So much depended on these papers, I was so excited, I was so worried, its like my mind was constantly bouncing around. I thought I had it down perfect, but the RFE told me I made some mistakes. I really took my time and was very careful with the RFE. My now wife was all excited and wondering when I'd send the response. I told her I wouldn't rush it, something I think I did with the original petition, I super organised and explained exactly every thing I include in my response. When I returned the RFE I had total confidence, and six days later we had the NOA2.

thank you for kind words! i feel better now!! what did they want you to send them when you got FRE??

Edited by masha2012

no i got a txt message/// cant wait to see what they want from me

thank you for kind words! i feel better now!! what did they want you to send them when you got FRE??

It was hard to tell actually. While some get clearly worded RFE's, our's was just copy and pasted rules sections, with no explanation of the deficiency. One part was the rule requiring the letter of intent, we included original signed letters of intent, but we sent new ones where they were signed in a different color than the printed color. The originals were printed and signed in black ink. Another was the rules section on having met in the previous two years of filing and of having a valid relationship. I had sent what I thought was plenty of proof of the previous two visits. This is were I really went to town in the RFE and added a lot more proof and a decent length letter detailing how long I had know her. It was about 8 years at that point. Third was proof of my citizenship. I had a sent a copy of my birth certificate, and a copy of the bio page from my passport. Resent a copy of every page of my passport and sent an original birth certificate. Two of the areas it appeared I had sent enough, but a helpful and nice tier 2 customer service rep told me sometimes they loose things and to resend everything I sent before plus more, since there was no way to be sure they had not lost something, or maybe they wanted more proof. It was the relationship and meeting section of the RFE reply that made my wife's interview a breeze. The IO just made nice comments to my wife about things in the file and every time she asked if he'd like a copy of something, he'd say I already have it :rofl: There were no tough questions, just things like what do you plan to do in the USA, and you've really known your fiancé a long time. She was so worried before hand to, for what went very very easy, but that was a good thing.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

It was hard to tell actually. While some get clearly worded RFE's, our's was just copy and pasted rules sections, with no explanation of the deficiency. One part was the rule requiring the letter of intent, we included original signed letters of intent, but we sent new ones where they were signed in a different color than the printed color. The originals were printed and signed in black ink. Another was the rules section on having met in the previous two years of filing and of having a valid relationship. I had sent what I thought was plenty of proof of the previous two visits. This is were I really went to town in the RFE and added a lot more proof and a decent length letter detailing how long I had know her. It was about 8 years at that point. Third was proof of my citizenship. I had a sent a copy of my birth certificate, and a copy of the bio page from my passport. Resent a copy of every page of my passport and sent an original birth certificate. Two of the areas it appeared I had sent enough, but a helpful and nice tier 2 customer service rep told me sometimes they loose things and to resend everything I sent before plus more, since there was no way to be sure they had not lost something, or maybe they wanted more proof. It was the relationship and meeting section of the RFE reply that made my wife's interview a breeze. The IO just made nice comments to my wife about things in the file and every time she asked if he'd like a copy of something, he'd say I already have it :rofl: There were no tough questions, just things like what do you plan to do in the USA, and you've really known your fiancé a long time. She was so worried before hand to, for what went very very easy, but that was a good thing.

i received a txt message today .. when should i receive a hard cope of a letter?? any ideas how long it takes?

i received a txt message today .. when should i receive a hard cope of a letter?? any ideas how long it takes?

Now thats getting tough to remember exactly, but I think it was about a week until the letter showed up. What I do clearly remember, is it felt like forever waiting for the letter.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

Now thats getting tough to remember exactly, but I think it was about a week until the letter showed up. What I do clearly remember, is it felt like forever waiting for the letter.

i know!! thats what i feel like but it is been only 5 hrs since i got txt message!! lol

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hopefully your RFE is on something minor like mine. After I submitted it, I was approved within a few weeks.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Please don't stress its probably something minor or something that you have already sent and they just misplaced it. I to have been through a RFE and I think I freaked myself out more than I need to. Just try and relax and see what they ask for. Good Luck...

AOS JOURNEY

02/24/2012---MAILED I-485,I-130,I-765, TO CHICAGO LOCKBOX
03/05/2012---CHECKS CASHED BY USCIS
03/08/2012---I-765 WAS TOUCHED
03/17/2012--RECIEVED RECIEPT NOTICE FOR I-485,I-130,I-765
03/23/2012---RECIEVED BIOMET
RICS APPOINTMENT
04/05/2012--I-485 RFE MAILED
04/07/2012--I-485 RFE RECIEVED
04/10/2012---RFE REPLY WAS SENT TO USCIS FOR I-485
04/10/2012---WENT TO BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT IN ELIZABETH NJ(NOW THE NEWARK OFFICE)

04/18/2012---RFE RECIEVD BY USCIS
05/21/2012--- EAD APPROVED CARD PRODUCTION EMAIL RECEIVED
05/24/2012--- SECOND EAD PRODUCTION EMAIL
06/26/2012-- AOS INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!
06/28/2012----APPROVED/CARD PRODUCTION EMAIL
07/07/2012-----10 YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVES

N-400 NATURALIZTION

03/21/2016--- MAILED/FILED N-400

03/24/2016 ---- PACKAGED DELIVERED

03/28/2016---- NOA RECIEPT NOTICE RECIEVED

04/08/2016--- BIOMETRIC SCHEDULED

04/22/2016-- BIOMETRIC DONE

06/20/2016--- INTERVIEW SCHEDULES

07/29/2016--- INTERVIEW/OATH

07/30/2016--- REGISTERED TO VOTE/PASSPORT

event.png

xweHm7.png
REPLACEMENT I-94 JOURNEY
01/20/2012--I-102 MAILED
01/27/2012--USCIS RECIEVED PETITION
02/02/2012--RECIEPT NOTICED RECIEVED
03/05/2012--RFE MAILED
03/10/2012--RFE RECIEVDD
04/05/2012---RFE REPLIED TO
04/17/2012--USCIS RECIVED IT AND IS UNDER REVIEW
07/11/2012-- STILL IS UNDER REVIEW HAHA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.