Mohsin786

Help and suggestion needed for Expedite

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i'm currently on i-130 my wife who petitioned me has to undergo surgery, she is all alone in USA she needs me so bad to be i'm so much worried about her, much stressed out its going to be 6 Month on Feb 13 for my Processing time from Vermont,i just want to expedite my case on USCIS, NVC, and Embassy level since AP is pretty common for Males in Pakistan.i can't control over my tears right now quite helpless i don't know what to do my wife is everything to me,

i love her more than this whole world Please help what to do, i have lawyer hired from NYC your Assistance will highly be Appreciated May Allah bless you All Ameen.

i'm currently on i-130 my wife who petitioned me has to undergo surgery, she is all alone in USA she needs me so bad to be i'm so much worried about her, much stressed out its going to be 6 Month on Feb 13 for my Processing time from Vermont,i just want to expedite my case on USCIS, NVC, and Embassy level since AP is pretty common for Males in Pakistan.i can't control over my tears right now quite helpless i don't know what to do my wife is everything to me,

i love her more than this whole world Please help what to do, i have lawyer hired from NYC your Assistance will highly be Appreciated May Allah bless you All Ameen.

Have her call her Senator's office immediately. She will have to do it because until your I-130 is processed they do not recognize your relationship and will not speak to you about the case. If she has an attorney of record, they could also call. Don't delay.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Timeline

thanks for your reply, yes just waiting for her Medical Report, yes we will contact the senator as well is it possible if we send the Medical report & a letter from the Physician to USCIS and NVC and Embassy what are the chances of being Approved Faster.

thanks for your reply, yes just waiting for her Medical Report, yes we will contact the senator as well is it possible if we send the Medical report & a letter from the Physician to USCIS and NVC and Embassy what are the chances of being Approved Faster.

Nobody knows that. Just present your best case. Your best case will include everyone who will suffer hardship as a result of this incident.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Timeline

Mohsin,

Get all her information together and then call USCIS to request expedite on humanitarian grounds for health related reasons. They will ask for the documentation and you will need to get it to them. They will take a few days maybe a week or two and then let you know the status.

The important thing to do is to have her contact USCIS and ask for a tier 2 operator. They will ask for email information etc.

Hopefully they will approve this expedite and get you in que for interview. The chances may be 50/50 because she is already here and is getting medical treatment and while it is important for you to be here with her they may not approve just have faith they will.

We were able to expedite my husband's application when all the violence started in his area and he was having to walk to and from work where killings happened and we were approved the expedite and got to NVC and a month later an interview date but at the end we are still stuck in AP. Hopefully this won't happen to you as well.

HAve faith and our prayers are with you both!

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

One more thing... you can also request expedite at each level. Nvc and embassy... but you have to make that request at each stage. NVC ususally goes pretty fast ours was only 4 weeks. So you may want to ask for an expedited interview with the embassy instead of wasting time asking at NVC.

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

One more thing... you can also request expedite at each level. Nvc and embassy... but you have to make that request at each stage. NVC ususally goes pretty fast ours was only 4 weeks. So you may want to ask for an expedited interview with the embassy instead of wasting time asking at NVC.

You can submit your request for expedite with the paperwork.

Then you're not wasting time doing anything and it might actually help.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

You can submit docs an request expedite at uscis but also have to request a new expedite at each stage

Edited by EAbbas

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

You can submit docs an request expedite at uscis but also have to request a new expedite at each stage

Yes, you already stated that.

But, what I was saying is that when you turn in your NVC paperwork, you can include your expedite information.

Therefor not wasting any time like you stated here:

So you may want to ask for an expedited interview with the embassy instead of wasting time asking at NVC.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

NVC doesn't take long at all anyway if prepared it takes about 3 or 4 weeks tops if everything is ready to go I was just saying you can try to expedite there but it already moves so fast that focusing on the embassy expedite at embassy instead so he can get an interview scheduled within a week after the case closes at NVC instead of waiting for another two months for the interview

Sorry I didn't make that so clear before

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

NVC doesn't take long at all anyway if prepared it takes about 3 or 4 weeks tops if everything is ready to go I was just saying you can try to expedite there but it already moves so fast that focusing on the embassy expedite at embassy instead so he can get an interview scheduled within a week after the case closes at NVC instead of waiting for another two months for the interview

Sorry I didn't make that so clear before

No, you made it clear just fine, I was just pointing out that it can't hurt to send it along.

If you're going to expedite at USCIS level, then you already have the paperwork.

There's no effort into submitting the requests after that point.

Just resubmitting the paperwork you already have.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Ok

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: Timeline

I agree with the above. The expedite is only going to speed up the process of getting you to the interview. Its not going to have any effect on the time it takes for AP. AP can take weeks, AP can take months. Theres nothing anyone can do to speed it up.

Im also a little concerned with something on your timeline. It says "K-1 was revoked and reaffirmed in 2 weeks but already got married filed for i-130"

What exactly was your K1 revoked for? When a K1 is revoked it means they denied you at the interview. It was sent back to USCIS. It seems like you and your fiance panicked and got married and 2 weeks later USCIS overruled the denial and reaffirmed the K1. You were no longer eligible for the K1 though because you were married.

What was the issue the CO had with the K1? Is it something that is going to come up again in the CR1 interview? If so, you need to be prepared for it, or youre looking at another delay.

Timeline

Thanks for your help Emmy and KDH my question is at USCS level its almost going to be 6 months for my processing time,and the average approval time for Vermont is 6 to 8 Months my wife called and talked to Tier 2 operator, he or she said your file has to be assigned to the officer soon, since 6 Months had already been gone should we still request expedite at USCIS stage. All i want that this entire process goes rapidly and i get approved, i certainly apprehend i might get accepted at NVC, USCIS AND EMBASSY LEVEL, but i'm just afraid of AP, i don't think expedite can get me rid off AP. answering to your question Capri we never got denied my wife was with me at the time of interview,after few questions we both were done, co gave me a AP slip after two Months we got an email from embassy that they are sending our case back, after senator inquiry all we came to know, info they got from me at interview. uscis was unaware of that, everyone was saying they sit on K-1 Cases and after 6 Months it expires and then they tell you to refile, in order to save our time we decided to get married not to wait 6 Months on AP, right after two weeks of our marriage i got an email from uscis they approved our K-1 Case and sending it back to Embassy was visa processing but we were already married we informed NVC and embassy we got married, so when our case reached to NVC, they returned our file back to USCIS for review so since then my CR-1 is in process and our K-1 Expired.

Timeline

Thanks for your help Emmy and KDH my question is at USCS level its almost going to be 6 months for my processing time,and the average approval time for Vermont is 6 to 8 Months my wife called and talked to Tier 2 operator, he or she said your file has to be assigned to the officer soon, since 6 Months had already been gone should we still request expedite at USCIS stage. All i want that this entire process goes rapidly and i get approved, i certainly apprehend i might get accepted at NVC, USCIS AND EMBASSY LEVEL, but i'm just afraid of AP, i don't think expedite can get me rid off AP. answering to your question Capri we never got denied my wife was with me at the time of interview,after few questions we both were done, co gave me a AP slip after two Months we got an email from embassy that they are sending our case back, after senator inquiry all we came to know, info they got from me at interview. uscis was unaware of that, everyone was saying they sit on K-1 Cases and after 6 Months it expires and then they tell you to refile, in order to save our time we decided to get married not to wait 6 Months on AP, right after two weeks of our marriage i got an email from uscis they approved our K-1 Case and sending it back to Embassy was visa processing but we were already married we informed NVC and embassy we got married, so when our case reached to NVC, they returned our file back to USCIS for review so since then my CR-1 is in process and our K-1 Expired.

It could be several months until you are approved from VCS considering they are working on June atm.

File you request for expedite. File it again at NVC, then file again with the embassy for a closer interview date.

You're pretty much SOL on AP though, sorry =\

Regardless, your overall time frame will be shortened, though.

If approved, of course.

oldlady.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.