Amandaman

Will having a wedding party help avoiding AP

35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

my interview is coming and I heard from someone in other forum that having a wedding party will help a lot in avoiding AP after the interview, so I was wondering if any one had any experience with that? cuz I know two couples here who didn't go through AP and they did have wedding party, I know this is kinda irrelevant but I got worried cuz me and my husband didn't have a wedding party, any one who didn't get AP or got it please share you experience in Cairo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

my interview is coming and I heard from someone in other forum that having a wedding party will help a lot in avoiding AP after the interview, so I was wondering if any one had any experience with that? cuz I know two couples here who didn't go through AP and they did have wedding party, I know this is kinda irrelevant but I got worried cuz me and my husband didn't have a wedding party, any one who didn't get AP or got it please share you experience in Cairo

No.

What does a wedding party have to do with background checks?? All a wedding party proves is you spent money on your wedding. I can't say why the couples you know didn't get AP except that maybe the State Department did their background checks before the interview. Who knows. You have absolutely no control over whether your husband gets put on AP or not. Most Muslim males do get stuck on it for at least a little while. Nothing you can do except be patient.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

That's what I was thinking of, but this person really made me worried about it since he didn't get stuck in AP in Cairo and he did have wedding party that's why he thinks he didn't get stuck with AP, I just needed to ask the people who experience in Cairo to share their experience about it and if they were asked at all about having a wedding part or not

Timeline

The point I was trying to drive at is that you have NO control over whether your husband's case is put in Administrative Processing. It is pointless to worry about it now because you have ZERO control over it.

Edit: I've been on this forum a few months and the only time I saw a case recently where an Egyptian didn't have AP was because he was Christian.

Edited by Sarah and Adnan

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

@ Sarah and Adnan I saw two recent approval of christian males and they were not put on AP, I know christian males don't stuck with AP and the point I'm worried about it is because my husband has an exam in the us like 2 weeks after the interview so the AP will destroy his tiny chance to have this exam, me and my husband is muslim though

@ JeanneVictoria I'm so sorry for you, hope it will end soon and thank you for your answer it really helped

waiting for more experience sharing from other members

Timeline

@ Sarah and Adnan I saw two recent approval of christian males and they were not put on AP, I know christian males don't stuck with AP and the point I'm worried about it is because my husband has an exam in the us like 2 weeks after the interview so the AP will destroy his tiny chance to have this exam, me and my husband is muslim though

Well I don't know what kind of exam it is whether for a university or job but these things can usually be rescheduled. It is always a bad idea to schedule things in the US before having the visa in hand. You never know what could come up in the process to throw your plans out the window. What if the embassy suddenly closed for a while and he couldn't get his passport back until they reopened? You never know. Threads on that subject of planning for the future like that come up all the time on this forum and everyone always advises to never make plans but it seems some people never learn. Your husband is Muslim so just resign yourself to the probability that he will most likely be put in AP for additional background checks and whatever else they do. No way to say how long this will take. Inshallah it won't take long. Best of luck to you.

- Paulo Coelho

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

We didn't have a wedding party due to circumstances, we got denied twice AP + AP the CO said my wife is not meeting the financial criteria, that's why we got denied, but surely not having a wedding part can affect your case a bit, just do anything to support your case, these days we people from the MENA need every little detail that can support our cases, so make pics with family and all, and wedding party if possible, good luck to you

Timeline

I have seen Egyptian born couples, both Muslims, wedding party, still get AP

I have seen many red flags get No AP

There is no rhyme or reason

Expect AP but hope for no AP

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

Amandaman can you update your timeline Please.Before you had 01/09/13.......case complete.Now I don't see it there :blink: When is your interview? I agree with everyone It doesn't matter... Wishing you the best of Luck :thumbs:

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Timeline

Well I don't know what kind of exam it is whether for a university or job but these things can usually be rescheduled. It is always a bad idea to schedule things in the US before having the visa in hand. You never know what could come up in the process to throw your plans out the window. What if the embassy suddenly closed for a while and he couldn't get his passport back until they reopened? You never know. Threads on that subject of planning for the future like that come up all the time on this forum and everyone always advises to never make plans but it seems some people never learn. Your husband is Muslim so just resign yourself to the probability that he will most likely be put in AP for additional background checks and whatever else they do. No way to say how long this will take. Inshallah it won't take long. Best of luck to you.

please don't say "it seems like some people never learn" it's not your business to judge people, and you "never" know what the situation I have. my husband is wishing to take the pharmacy test in April but he still has the chance to take it in September so we are just trying to avoid it as long as we can and I'm sharing this with people who may be able to help, anyway thanks for your answers

Timeline

Amandaman can you update your timeline Please.Before you had 01/09/13.......case complete.Now I don't see it there :blink: When is your interview? I agree with everyone It doesn't matter... Wishing you the best of Luck :thumbs:

Sorry Rina I just can't do it, cuz my husband created that profile and I don't know how the timeline thing works I only know how to post and to message lol, I never put the case completion date here since I don't know how to update it but will try to figure out or let hubby do it for me, my interview is March 27th Inshallah if the embassy is not closed this day cuz of shitty protests, we should keep up together as we have so close dates

waiting for more experiences and shares

please don't say "it seems like some people never learn" it's not your business to judge people, and you "never" know what the situation I have. my husband is wishing to take the pharmacy test in April but he still has the chance to take it in September so we are just trying to avoid it as long as we can and I'm sharing this with people who may be able to help, anyway thanks for your answers

Nobody said "it seems like some people never learn."

You asked, you received several answers.

Just because you don't like the answers, or because they don't comply with your personal timeline, doesn't make them any less relevant.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.