Haydee

BACKLOG WITH THE INTERVIEW APPOIMENTS!!!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone, i just want to know if anyone out there knows something about the backlog for the interview appoiment at ciudad Juarez, Mexico, because from what i was told mexico is making around 11 months once the send the case to the consulate and till you you get your appoiment date, and a friend that is in the same boat as me ( mexican/american couple doing CR1), but she finished her case on January of the present year, so she should be getting her date on this December but she just wrote to the consulate and she got on reply that she will may get her appoiment till Febraury or March of 2007 !!!!!!! , because of the backlog that is at the consulate, so that put me in a very bad position because i was expecting to be with my husband on August of the next year and with this news probably ill be there till December of 2007!!!!! :blink: , so if there is anyone that can help us!!!!! im really dissppointed, i mean how they schedules the dates because i see a lot of k3 gets the appoiments and the ones have such a hard problem for the appoiments are us (Cr1 visas)

So does anyone have any idea of what to do , maybe a lawyer would help on this??

This is such a bad news ! just waiting a year and 2 months for the inetrwiew and around 10 months for the proccess that is 2 years of proccess for mexico !!!!!

Any info or idea will be so helpful!!!!!

Thank you :(

ticker.png

ticker.png

116068696014366.gif

Timeline

I agree, this is completely idiotic. I am fusterated because I live alone right now and I don't do anything because I am waiting for my wife to come. I just work, come home, sleep, and repeat. I want to make a family with my wife but I can not. First we need to secure ourselves in our careers and then prepare accordingly. But we cant even do that until she arrives. I visit as often as I can- which is great for me but I don't feel it is enough. We have to take so much care that we don't get pregnant too.. I mean imagine that! I will have my first child before the process finishes! And then what happens? My child cant come because he doesn't have the right visa? Imagine that.. hopefully something like that wouldn't be an issue.. but who knows.. these people are making everything difficult... unbearable.

Sorry for venting. We are good people... but the stress that is involved in this process is underestimated by everyone not directly involved or in a similar situation.

kinds regards,

We have to take so much care that we don't get pregnant too.. I mean imagine that! I will have my first child before the process finishes! And then what happens? My child cant come because he doesn't have the right visa? Imagine that.. hopefully something like that wouldn't be an issue.. but who knows..

Just so you know

http://mexico.usembassy.gov/mexico/eacs_birth_abroad.html

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Really the only way to get a faster interview date in CDJ is file for a K3 non-immigrant visa instead of a CR1. K3s typically take 4-6 months, CR1 12 months. A lawyer can't do anything to influence the interview date. According to their website, the only requests for expedites they will even consider are when there is a medical emergency for the USC or the USC is being deployed in the military. CDJ is said to be the busiest consulate in the world and the backlog is unbelievable. You're not alone :(

Timeline

ok so what do you recommend in this case ?

Starting a k3 visa proccess and wait for the appoiment ???, i think we are stuck with the Cr1 now because by the time we get the the proccess done for that one (8-10 months ) plus the 4 or 6 months of waiting for an interview then it will be the same than waiting 14 months for the Cr1...

And i think that what he refer to having a baby is that ok now we know the baby would be american becuse the dad or mom is american but still the same because the baby and the mom wont be able to go to maerica till the 14 months are over for the mom visa, then what happens you have not a separated couple you have a separated family

This is so frustrating for all the couples that are waiting for this at the mexican consulate for a Cr1 :angry:

ticker.png

ticker.png

116068696014366.gif

Why should the DOS be involved in your family planning? They are not separating a family. You are creating a family before you are united.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Timeline
Why should the DOS be involved in your family planning? They are not separating a family. You are creating a family before you are united.

I don't think she is stating that the DOS should be involved in her planning process what she is stating is that basically its so frustrating because you fall in love you marry someone and your life is put on hold for 1-2 years before you can start planning a family or basically planning your future together as a couple. Nobody goes into this knowing its going to be an easy process but its very frustrating being miles and miles away from the one you love and your life is put on hold. I know everybody is going through this and she isn't the only but it doesn't make matters any easier for anyone of us. Hang in there Haydee and Troy there are a lot of in the same situation with Ciudad Juarez. Best of luck.

Timeline

Starting a k3 visa proccess and wait for the appoiment ???, i think we are stuck with the Cr1 now because by the time we get the the proccess done for that one (8-10 months ) plus the 4 or 6 months of waiting for an interview then it will be the same than waiting 14 months for the Cr1...

I honestly wouldn't bother with filing for a K3 at this point but in the end only you can decide if you want to give it a try. Remember that a K3 requires additional AOS in the US but with the CR1 once you're done, you're done.

I honestly wouldn't bother with filing for a K3 at this point but in the end only you can decide if you want to give it a try. Remember that a K3 requires additional AOS in the US but with the CR1 once you're done, you're done.

Chances are pretty good too that it will be money thrown away if one files the I-129F for the K-3 now when the CR-1 application (with an approved I-130) is already at the consulate. The CR-1 over-rides the K-3 once at the consulate.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

It wasn't about planning a family and the involvement of the DOS- it was about the "what ifs" ... even with proper care.. things happen. We have been doing this long distance relationship for 6 years now on and off (well, me there or here in USA) and just when we think we got another step closer there is another chunk of time added to the waiting. Sorry if we come off as fusterated and desperate.... but we are.

Anyway, it looks like we are locked into the CR1 then.

Thanks for everyone that has taken the time to read and reply

If anyone knows a secret shortcut feel free to message me

Timeline
It wasn't about planning a family and the involvement of the DOS- it was about the "what ifs" ... even with proper care.. things happen. We have been doing this long distance relationship for 6 years now on and off (well, me there or here in USA) and just when we think we got another step closer there is another chunk of time added to the waiting. Sorry if we come off as fusterated and desperate.... but we are.

Anyway, it looks like we are locked into the CR1 then.

Thanks for everyone that has taken the time to read and reply

If anyone knows a secret shortcut feel free to message me

TroyG2 I know exactly what you are feeling!!! This process is the most horrible thing and I can not understand why the wait is soo long (especially for a I-R1 visa). My husband and I are ALWAYS worrying about the ¨what ifs¨. Not to mention all the back and forth weve done about moving to Mexico or the US. Im currently living here as a tourist becuase the wait was too long (but I would like to finish school and get on with life and the same for him), but I feel like all of our plans our stuck or frozen. Hmmm this just doesnt seem right that K-1 visas are so fast and CR-1/I-R1 are so slow. At least once we are in the states there will be no AOS (the only fact of this whole process that consoles me)

Anyways now that Ive vented if any one does find a secret shortcut they can message me too :P

Becki :star:

Becki and Memo

CR-1

May 19, 2004 > Married ~Civil Ceremony in Mexico!!

Sept. 3 > Mailed I-130 to Nebraska Service Center

Sept. 13>CSC Recieved I-130

Oct. 4 > Recieved NOA1 (from Cali Service Center)

Dec. 9 > Touched

Jan. 6, 2005> Touched

Jan. 12> APPROVED (by email notice)

Feb. 3> Recieved DS3032/AOS Fee Bill

Feb.9> Mailed AOS Bill to St. Louis

Mar.17> Recieved Affidivit of Support

Mar.29>Mailed DS 3032

Apr.11>IV Fee Generated

Apr.22. IV Fee Recieved

Jan. 2006> Wedding Ceremony in Mexico (we decide to push back the visa process so we can stay longer in Mexico)

APRIL 2006- FINALLY PAID IV FEE (one year later)

June 30th - Recieve RFE on I-864.

Oct. - Mailed RFE with new I-864

Sept. 13 2006- Approved and sent to embassy (how before I even fixed the stupid RFE I dont know! And yes I checked with CDJ and they recieved it)

July 9 - recieved emial with interview date

Sept. 7 2007 - INTERVIEW DATE

Timeline
Hmmm this just doesnt seem right that K-1 visas are so fast and CR-1/I-R1 are so slow. At least once we are in the states there will be no AOS (the only fact of this whole process that consoles me)

Anyways now that Ive vented if any one does find a secret shortcut they can message me too :P

Becki :star:

I'm fairly sure that's the whole reason CR1/IR1 take so much longer - b/c you walk out the door with a green card and you're finished. I agree it's strange (and lucky for me) that K1 applicants don't need to wait for an interview - that's actually one of the reasons we decided to wait to get married. But I guess part of the waiting time for CR1s is the rest of the work they do in place of the AOS in the US.

Fingers crossed that the new personnel make a positive impact on the waiting time for you guys!

Timeline

Thanks kitkat but youve been waiting a fair while too. I hope they are quick on reviewing your waiver! My husband and I were just thinking why did we get married and then file when we could have done the K1 or even better DCF but cant change that now! Nothing about this process is easy or nice but just knowing they are soo many people feeling what you feel helps!

Becki

Becki and Memo

CR-1

May 19, 2004 > Married ~Civil Ceremony in Mexico!!

Sept. 3 > Mailed I-130 to Nebraska Service Center

Sept. 13>CSC Recieved I-130

Oct. 4 > Recieved NOA1 (from Cali Service Center)

Dec. 9 > Touched

Jan. 6, 2005> Touched

Jan. 12> APPROVED (by email notice)

Feb. 3> Recieved DS3032/AOS Fee Bill

Feb.9> Mailed AOS Bill to St. Louis

Mar.17> Recieved Affidivit of Support

Mar.29>Mailed DS 3032

Apr.11>IV Fee Generated

Apr.22. IV Fee Recieved

Jan. 2006> Wedding Ceremony in Mexico (we decide to push back the visa process so we can stay longer in Mexico)

APRIL 2006- FINALLY PAID IV FEE (one year later)

June 30th - Recieve RFE on I-864.

Oct. - Mailed RFE with new I-864

Sept. 13 2006- Approved and sent to embassy (how before I even fixed the stupid RFE I dont know! And yes I checked with CDJ and they recieved it)

July 9 - recieved emial with interview date

Sept. 7 2007 - INTERVIEW DATE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.