MariahVine

Interview preparation help please!!

15 posts in this topic

Does anyone have advice on how to prepare for the interview...questions to be asked,etc?

Thanks

hi please check your VJ email. I sent you info about interview. :)

"He makes all things beautiful...in His time"

Filed: Timeline

Does anyone have advice on how to prepare for the interview...questions to be asked,etc?

Thanks

Make sure the beneficiary has a copy of everything the petitioner filed with the USCIS or NVC. Most of the questions to determine a valid marriage/relationship will come from the information (and pictures) submitted by the petitioner. For instance, two of the questions my then fiancee was asked, "What color is your fiance's truck?" and "What are your fiance's brothers and sisters' names, and where do they live?"

Thanks

This is a link from VJ on possible CR1 interview questions ca. 2010/11:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/305724-what-are-the-possible-interview-questions-for-cr1/

Best wishes!

Iron Sharpen Iron!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/305724-what-are-the-possible-interview-questions-for-cr1/

Best wishes!

Another good link - guide links:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Consular_Interview_Questions

Iron Sharpen Iron!

would u mind sending me this information too? my interview is march 6th :)

I won't mind. Yes sure sis I will send yah. :)

Edited by MIRICK02

"He makes all things beautiful...in His time"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Best wishes!

I am kinda confused about these interview notes. It says to bring your police certificates and birth certificate, but won't the NVC have forwarded those onto the consular office?

I am kinda confused about these interview notes. It says to bring your police certificates and birth certificate, but won't the NVC have forwarded those onto the consular office?

You never want to assume that any required document actually made it to the CO that will be doing the interview. Plus, he may want to look at the original/certified copy of the document(s).

Timeline

But I physically won't have those documents, like I can't make a copy of the police certificate because its invalidated if opened, and I only have 1 original birth certificate (which I'm sending to the NVC).

But I physically won't have those documents, like I can't make a copy of the police certificate because its invalidated if opened, and I only have 1 original birth certificate (which I'm sending to the NVC).

How hard is it to get another copy of both?

As far as birth certificate, you probably want several certified copies of that, for later use. BTW, that is probably a certified copy you plan on sending the NVC, since the "original" stays with the original recording agency, unless Japan is different in that respect than most countries.

Edited by The Patriot

Timeline

How hard is it to get another copy of both?

The Japanese authorities won't issue another PCC until the one they have already issued expires. So impossible pretty much.

I have several certified copies of my birth certificate which I can bring along? But if the NVC doesn't forward my documents on then it's kind of a problem, since I would really like my original BC back?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.