15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
would there be a problem if my fiancee was found to be pregnant during the medical exam at st. lukes in manila? :help:

I don't know if it is different in Manilia, but in Canada they did not do a pregnancy test. If she thinks she may be pregnant, she should do a test prior to attending the medical, as xrays and some immunizations are contraindicated during pregnancy.

Linda

K-1/K-2 Visas

April 20 2006 ~NOA1

July 05 2006 ~IMBRA RFE

Aug 14 2006 ~RFE (further proof of meeting)

Aug 18 2006 ~Approved NOA2 (Day 120)

Oct 10 2006 ~packet 4 received

Nov 14 2006 ~Montreal interview (expedited due to child aging out) SUCCESS :)

Nov 15 2006 ~Pick up visas

Nov 16 2006 ~Fly to San Francisco from Mtl

Nov 18 2006 ~Wedding

AOS/EAD/AP

Dec 18 2006 ~Documents filed

Dec 22 2006 ~NOA1

Jan 10 2007 ~Biometrics appointment

Mar 07 2007 ~AOS interview San Francisco-SUCCESS :)

Mar 19 2007 ~Received Green Cards

I-130 for Daughter

July 28 2007 ~Documents filed

Also, pregnancy will NOT expedite the visa issuance any.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If she even suspects she is pregnant she MUST tell the radiographer. They won't x-ray her then as x-rays can harm a developing baby.

They don't do pregnancy tests at the medicals as far as I know. It would be in her best interests to get the pregnancy confirmed before the medical takes place.

Filed: Timeline

Linda and Mags,

The Panel Physician may not do a pregnancy test, but they do have to indicate on the DS-3026 medical worksheet whether or not the person is pregnant and when the last menstrual period was.

My wife's and stepson's visas were held up for 2 weeks because the Panel Physician had not provided this information for the 3 year-old boy, and the consular officer required my wife to take her son's form back to the doctor and have him enter the missing information.

Yodrak

would there be a problem if my fiancee was found to be pregnant during the medical exam at st. lukes in manila?

I don't know if it is different in Manilia, but in Canada they did not do a pregnancy test. If she thinks she may be pregnant, she should do a test prior to attending the medical, as xrays and some immunizations are contraindicated during pregnancy.

Linda

If she even suspects she is pregnant she MUST tell the radiographer. They won't x-ray her then as x-rays can harm a developing baby.

They don't do pregnancy tests at the medicals as far as I know. It would be in her best interests to get the pregnancy confirmed before the medical takes place.

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Linda and Mags,

The Panel Physician may not do a pregnancy test, but they do have to indicate on the DS-3026 medical worksheet whether or not the person is pregnant and when the last menstrual period was.

My wife's and stepson's visas were held up for 2 weeks because the Panel Physician had not provided this information for the 3 year-old boy, and the consular officer required my wife to take her son's form back to the doctor and have him enter the missing information.

Yodrak

Really? They actually wanted medical opinion to confirm that a 3 yr old boy was not pregnant nor menstruating?

Linda

K-1/K-2 Visas

April 20 2006 ~NOA1

July 05 2006 ~IMBRA RFE

Aug 14 2006 ~RFE (further proof of meeting)

Aug 18 2006 ~Approved NOA2 (Day 120)

Oct 10 2006 ~packet 4 received

Nov 14 2006 ~Montreal interview (expedited due to child aging out) SUCCESS :)

Nov 15 2006 ~Pick up visas

Nov 16 2006 ~Fly to San Francisco from Mtl

Nov 18 2006 ~Wedding

AOS/EAD/AP

Dec 18 2006 ~Documents filed

Dec 22 2006 ~NOA1

Jan 10 2007 ~Biometrics appointment

Mar 07 2007 ~AOS interview San Francisco-SUCCESS :)

Mar 19 2007 ~Received Green Cards

I-130 for Daughter

July 28 2007 ~Documents filed

Linda,

Really.

Yodrak

Linda and Mags,

Yodrak

Really? They actually wanted medical opinion to confirm that a 3 yr old boy was not pregnant nor menstruating?

Linda

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Now that is odd Yodrak, I mean, how picky can they get? And yes, I've been here long enough to actually know. :P

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
darren and alma,

Maybe. At some visa posts there might be a question or two asked about who the father is. Every once in a while it isn't the USC fiance.

Yodrak

would there be a problem if my fiancee was found to be pregnant during the medical exam at st. lukes in manila?

:help:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, on my medical form they had a box ticking male or female. I REALLY don't think that they would assume a male could be pregnant. In fact, if I remember correctly, the pregnancy bit was not applicable for male applicants....maybe the person who dealt with Yodrak's wife's medical was bored. Plus it was a differing country of origin than mine. Makes a huge difference how things are handled I am sure.

I know there is a box ticking where you declare if you are or aren't pregnant. But my point was that they did not test ME for pregnancy. There isn't a box to tick that says "well, I MIGHT be pregnant but I'm not sure". If you don't disclose you are expecting a baby then the x-ray could pose severe problems for the baby, if it turns out there is one.

IMO it would be best for the OP's fiancee to have a pregnancy test done before the medical. That way she can answer all the questions truthfully without having to worry about potentially harming her baby with an x-ray. They will just do an x-ray after the baby is born and she has moved to the USA.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Linda,

Really.

Yodrak

Linda and Mags,

Yodrak

Linda

:blink: And i thought my medical was tough...

2005 August 27th Happily Married

would there be a problem if my fiancee was found to be pregnant during the medical exam at st. lukes in manila? :help:

Dear Darren and Alma,

I had my medical exam in St. Luke Manila too. The Panel of Physician before would examine you they would ask first when you last menstrual period and would ask if you have an suspect if you are pregnant or not. They would put in report too that you are pregnant and for sure if you are pregnant they would exempt you for any vaccinations (which is not good for the baby).

The time I had my vaccination that day they run out of one shot stuff (forgot what was it). they just note in my report that I haven't got it and I would just take my lacking shot here in the USA when I arrive. So when I came here in the US i took my supplemental vaccination form and that time I suspecting I am pregnant so they just note in my supplemental that I am suspecting pregnant and in my interview for adjustment of my status the officer did not really ask that thing since he saw that I have a big tummy already.

March 31, 2003 Sent I-129F

October 10, 2003 NOA Receipt

November 19, 2003 NOA 2 Approved

February 13, 2004 Embassy Interview & Visa Approved

February 19, 2004 Visa arrived

February 25, 2004 Arrival in USA

March 24, 2004 It's happy wedding day! :)

April 8, 2004 Mailed I-485

April 12, 2004 Received NOA

May 5, 2004 Biometric

December 12, 2004 Interview & Approved

December 26, 2004 Received Green Card

September 27, 2006 Mailed I-751

October 21, 2006 Receipt of NOA

October 23, 2006 NOA of Biometric Appointment

November 8, 2006 Biometric Appoinment

mags,

That's what the Panel Physician thought, and it's why he had not answered the questions. He also had an unkind opinion of the consular officer.

'Not applicable' is the answer that the Panel Physician put on the form when my wife took it back to him, but the form does not say that the question can be skipped if it is not applicable.

Yodrak

Well, on my medical form they had a box ticking male or female. I REALLY don't think that they would assume a male could be pregnant.

In fact, if I remember correctly, the pregnancy bit was not applicable for male applicants.......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.