AgnettaHoo

Waiting for K1 Visa and trying to visit him in US

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Dear fellow VJers,

I am currently waiting for the NOA2 from my K1 visa. I am the beneficiary. It's been a long wait since we file for the petition.

Now we are thinking to get me to US just to visit and meet him again because it's been almost a year since I saw him.

I do not have any intention to stay there other than to visit him and to see the city he lives and just get to know the neighborhood I will live in the future.

My questions are :

1. Do I have a chance to get the B2 visa? Since I am currently in the process of K1 visa.

2. I do not have a lot of money in the bank. I have an average income and my savings are not in significant amount. It is not a must to present financial statement. But I know it's a good reason to submit ones. Will it be a trouble for me?

3. Do I need to get a letter from my fiance, the US citizen, to guarantee that I will not be a liability to US?

4. I will also include a recommendation letter from my company stating that I am working there.Will it help me?

I know it seems that my chance is slim.. But I want to know the possibility.

Thank you for your kindest information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Its just my opinion but you are right, a VERY SLIM, chance, even if you have the best intentions they will never believe that you will return and wait for the K-1. If you really want to see each other (and I am sure you do) your best bet is to have him come to you. This will help for the interview as well because it will show that you have been together more than once and that you still maintain an ongoing relationship. Anything is possible, even a B-2, but really most improbable, and believe me they will be glad to take your money and then deny the visa. If you have waited a long time and money is short try to be patient, when your time comes you will want to be near the interviewing embassy and you will have that much more money. Good Luck, God Speed, and patience galore!

May God bless and keep you always~ May your wishes all come true~ May you always do for others~ And let others do for you~

May you build a ladder to the stars~ And climb on every rung~May you stay forever young

Bob Dylan

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Its just my opinion but you are right, a VERY SLIM, chance, even if you have the best intentions they will never believe that you will return and wait for the K-1. If you really want to see each other (and I am sure you do) your best bet is to have him come to you. This will help for the interview as well because it will show that you have been together more than once and that you still maintain an ongoing relationship. Anything is possible, even a B-2, but really most improbable, and believe me they will be glad to take your money and then deny the visa. If you have waited a long time and money is short try to be patient, when your time comes you will want to be near the interviewing embassy and you will have that much more money. Good Luck, God Speed, and patience galore!

Thank you so much for your reply! I will sit tight now and counting the days! Lol... :whistle:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Dear fellow VJers,

I am currently waiting for the NOA2 from my K1 visa. I am the beneficiary. It's been a long wait since we file for the petition.

Now we are thinking to get me to US just to visit and meet him again because it's been almost a year since I saw him.

I do not have any intention to stay there other than to visit him and to see the city he lives and just get to know the neighborhood I will live in the future.

My questions are :

1. Do I have a chance to get the B2 visa? Since I am currently in the process of K1 visa.

2. I do not have a lot of money in the bank. I have an average income and my savings are not in significant amount. It is not a must to present financial statement. But I know it's a good reason to submit ones. Will it be a trouble for me?

3. Do I need to get a letter from my fiance, the US citizen, to guarantee that I will not be a liability to US?

4. I will also include a recommendation letter from my company stating that I am working there.Will it help me?

I know it seems that my chance is slim.. But I want to know the possibility.

Thank you for your kindest information.

They won't grant it. My wife and I tried to get a tourist visa for her, to visit my family in the US. We were married, and I was living abroad. They denied it. No amount of proof would convince them that we had no intention of migrating.

Shortly after our last attempt, my military unit ordered me back, so now we HAVE to return... and go thru the entire GC process. Luckily it seems to be going fast because of the military orders for my return.

Once that's done, we'll give back the GC. Maybe that will convince them to let her have a tourist visa, so we can just visit... :bonk:

Married: 2012-02-01

.:USCIS:.

11/16/2012 - I-130 Petition sent

11/20/2012 - Applied for PCC (Police Cert)

12/04/2012 - Received email NOA1

12/05/2012 - Faxed request to expedite to USCIS

12/19/2012 - Received I-797C NOA1 (notice date Dec 03, 2012)

12/26/2012 - Received PCC

12/28/2012 - Received email that approved case sent to Dept of State or NVC for visa processing

01/08/2013 - Received NOA2 (notice date Dec 19,2012) 16 Days from NOA1

.:NVC:.

01/08/2013 - Case arrived at NVC

01/09/2013 - Emailed NVC requesting expedited processing

01/12/2013 - Case # and IIN assigned

01/13/2013 - E-mailed DS-3032

01/13/2013 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID BILL

01/15/2013 - AOS bill appears as PAID

01/15/2013 - Expedite request approved. Case forwarded to KL Embassy

01/15/2013 - Sent to Embassy

.:Kuala Lumpur Embassy:.

01/23/2013: Embassy received

01/25/2013: Embassy mailed IV Packet 3. Completed and returned

01/25/2013: Emailed Embassy requesting expedited processing

02/06/2013: Medical

02/19/2013: Interview 78 days from I-130 NOA1 APPROVED

02/21/2013: Visa

02/25/2013: Chicago POE

---

Immigration policies... Blah!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Thank you so much for your reply! I will sit tight now and counting the days! Lol... :whistle:

It sucks I know I am on day 170 and I miss him like crazy. Some days I just want to through this laptop through a wall. But then I thank God because no matter how sucky it is at least we can see each other and speak even if we cant have that all important human touch, and believe me you WE will make up for lost time in that department. It really shouldn't be much longer for you now. I received my NOA1 Aug 9 and I noticed someone was approved from Aug 20. VSC is not notorious for updating their web site unfortunately. Thats why I try extremely hard not to torture myself by checking too often. It has said June 4 2012 for about 2.5 months now! PLZ!!!mad.gif

Edited by sarsorti

May God bless and keep you always~ May your wishes all come true~ May you always do for others~ And let others do for you~

May you build a ladder to the stars~ And climb on every rung~May you stay forever young

Bob Dylan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.