loveromelyn

NVC Pre-Processing Approved!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Visa Journeys, its been a long journey indeed, but today I received an email from NVC telling me the "pre-processing" has been approved! Now its just a matter of waiting for the embassy to schedule my wife's interview! Yahoo! It warms my heart. I have called the NVC and they tell me they can't predict how long it takes to schedule the interview. I am wondering if one of you educated veterans on visajourney give me an educated guess? It seems like 3-6 weeks is a reasonable guess? I would really like to head over to Manila to facilitate this and help my wife navigate through the next steps. Next question: Will she need to bring a copy of our marriage certificate and her birth certificate printed on the official NSO paper?

Thanks very much, Don

Timeline

Hi Visa Journeys, its been a long journey indeed, but today I received an email from NVC telling me the "pre-processing" has been approved! Now its just a matter of waiting for the embassy to schedule my wife's interview! Yahoo! It warms my heart. I have called the NVC and they tell me they can't predict how long it takes to schedule the interview. I am wondering if one of you educated veterans on visajourney give me an educated guess? It seems like 3-6 weeks is a reasonable guess? I would really like to head over to Manila to facilitate this and help my wife navigate through the next steps. Next question: Will she need to bring a copy of our marriage certificate and her birth certificate printed on the official NSO paper?

Thanks very much, Don

P.S. (After I called my wife with skpye)

My wife hasn't changed her name to my name yet. What is the deal with changing her name? Should she have her name changed in the Philippines? Then her passport and our marriage license, her security papers, etc. will still have her old name! What is the most convenient or best way for her to change her name?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

congrats on your case complete.

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Thanks very much, Don

Hi, I am a Filipina wife of a USC. Am also new on this site but I'd just share some info which may help. Just waiting this week for the completion of my case. Ok, our immigration lawyer put all the forms (submitted to USCIS/NVC) under my married name and so he advised me to start using my married name in all my transaction. I renewed my passport from maiden to married name. I got a new SSS ID card under my married name and also my NBI clearance. Your wife will need to bring an NSO copy of your marriage cert and her birth cert during the interview.

I guess she has attended the seminar at the CFO required for spouses of foreign national leaving the Philippines. This is very important if she will renew her passport from maiden to married name. Blessings!

"He makes all things beautiful...in His time"

Timeline

Hi, I am a Filipina wife of a USC. Am also new on this site but I'd just share some info which may help. Just waiting this week for the completion of my case. Ok, our immigration lawyer put all the forms (submitted to USCIS/NVC) under my married name and so he advised me to start using my married name in all my transaction. I renewed my passport from maiden to married name. I got a new SSS ID card under my married name and also my NBI clearance. Your wife will need to bring an NSO copy of your marriage cert and her birth cert during the interview.

I guess she has attended the seminar at the CFO required for spouses of foreign national leaving the Philippines. This is very important if she will renew her passport from maiden to married name. Blessings!

So she should have her name changed in the Philippines and start changing her name on all the official documents? I'm still a little confused. Your smart to have used a lawyer...

Thanks very much, Don

My mom was scheduled for interview (US Embassy Manila) 2 weeks after her case completed at NVC.. goodluck! :)

the Marriage and birth certificate, didnt you already submit the originals? They are going to forward it to the embassy, Just bring copies i guess..

Edited by loveydovey

i-130 for spouse

USCIS (85 days)

August 23, 2012 - Sent I-130

August 28, 2012 - NOA1 via email

September 25, 2012 - NOA1 hardcopy received

November 21, 2012 - NOA2 via email

NVC

November 29, 2012 - NVC case received (Case # not ready)

December 3, 2012 - NVC case number and IIn received

December 3, 2012 - Choice of Agent e-mail sent (DS 3032)

December 5, 2012 - AOS Bill Invoiced and Paid

December 11, 2012 - AOS Packet sent

December 12, 2012 - DS 3032 accepted

December 13, 2012 - IV Bill Invoiced

December 31, 2012 - Checklist for AOS (forgot to put N/A on part 6)

January 16, 2013 - AOS packet accepted (they are waiting for IV Fee payment)

January 25, 2013 - IV Bill paid

January 28, 2013 - IV Bill shows PAID - IV Packet sent

February 7, 2013 - IV return checklist incomplete dates on DS230

February 8, 2013 - sent checklist

February 15, 2013 - CASE COMPLETE!!

March 6, 2013 - Packet 4 received

April 1, 2013 - Interview at the USEM MANILA-APPROVED :)

Minor Daughter's I-130

January 28, 2013 - I-130 Sent

January 30, 2013 - I-130 received Phoenix, AZ

February 8, 2013 - hardcopy NOA1

April 18, 2013 - NOA2 :)

NVC

May 9, 2013 - NVC received

May 23, 2013 - Case number and IIN received

May 23, 2013 - emailed DS3032 (choice of agent)

May 28, 2013 - AOS invoiced and paid

June 5, 2013 - Ds3032 accepted

June 6, 2013 - IV FEE invoiced, Paid

June 8, 2013 - IV packet sent

June 14, 2013 - Case sent the the Embassy

Timeline

My mom was scheduled for interview (US Embassy Manila) 2 weeks after her case completed at NVC.. goodluck! :)

the Marriage and birth certificate, didnt you already submit the originals? They are going to forward it to the embassy, Just bring copies i guess..

Ok right. They all ready have marriage and birth certificates! Thanks. What should she have as she comes into the embassy.

Ok right. They all ready have marriage and birth certificates! Thanks. What should she have as she comes into the embassy.

I've been researching about this as well.. I think you need to bring like pictures of you and your wife together, bc's of your children, i read some that says bring like proof of remittances, skype call logs, and all those stuff, you know? keep us updated on how your wife's interview went. goodluck :)

i-130 for spouse

USCIS (85 days)

NVC

Minor Daughter's I-130

NVC

Timeline

Thanks, I bet it will take a good few weeks before this is all scheduled. I have a bunch of skype logs, facebook chat boxes, recent bank transactions with xoom.com, I'm sure we are good. I wish it weren't so slow...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

NVC sets the appointment, an appointment letter will be sent out.

To be honest, as a USCitizen in the Phils, there's NOTHING you can do there to facilitate anything,

save for making sure yer lass has monies in her hand to pay the fees she needs to pay.

Can't get in at the medical exam, usually.

Can't get in at the outgoing interview to get the clearance stamp, usually.

What did you have in mind, specifically, to 'facilitate' things in the PI ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

NVC sets the appointment, an appointment letter will be sent out.

To be honest, as a USCitizen in the Phils, there's NOTHING you can do there to facilitate anything,

save for making sure yer lass has monies in her hand to pay the fees she needs to pay.

Can't get in at the medical exam, usually.

Can't get in at the outgoing interview to get the clearance stamp, usually.

What did you have in mind, specifically, to 'facilitate' things in the PI ?

She has asked me to come along with her and I thought it was a nice idea, especially since we haven't seen each other since last June. She would like me to pick her up and say goodbye to some of her family. So probably facilitate is not the right word, maybe to support my wife? I can get into the embassy to be with her during the interview right?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

agreed - it was 'facilitate' that set me off and reminded me of that fracas that Darrell created when he tried to 'facilitate' stuff in the PI.

As to the other stuff - wei - GO! It's a great time !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

So she should have her name changed in the Philippines and start changing her name on all the official documents? I'm still a little confused. Your smart to have used a lawyer...

Hi, Im sorry am not so sure about changing name, if it will affect your visa processing. I just thought it is required to use married name in all USCIS/NVC forms for IR CR 1 VISA, so we did from the start. Am a little confused too.

Hope someone from the Vj enlighten us. :) God bless you.

"He makes all things beautiful...in His time"

Hi, Im sorry am not so sure about changing name, if it will affect your visa processing. I just thought it is required to use married name in all USCIS/NVC forms for IR CR 1 VISA, so we did from the start. Am a little confused too.

Hope someone from the Vj enlighten us. :) God bless you.

hi, i used my maiden name when i filed the i-130, but along the process they eventually changed my last name to my married name..even if i did not request for it to be changed, coz im still using my maiden name in my us passport and social security.. all the forms and letters from nvc addresses with my married name. :)

i-130 for spouse

USCIS (85 days)

NVC

Minor Daughter's I-130

NVC

Timeline

hi, i used my maiden name when i filed the i-130, but along the process they eventually changed my last name to my married name..even if i did not request for it to be changed, coz im still using my maiden name in my us passport and social security.. all the forms and letters from nvc addresses with my married name. :)

They changed the forms automatically or did you have to ask for that? I've called the NVC on numerous occasions, but I keep forgetting to ask about my wife's name change. I should probably just ask them on the phone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.