khwaidee1

Green Card has the wrong date

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My wife's Green Card was approved on 1/15/13 and we got it in the mail on 1/25/13. However, it says she has been a resident since 1/15/12 and it expires on 1/15/14. I am assuming that it's a typo since we filed our K-1 on 1/10/12. So, do I request a new card with the corrected date? Obviously with this date we could file for ROC in October of this year. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.

Edited by khwaidee1

My wife's Green Card was approved on 1/15/13 and we got it in the mail on 1/25/13. However, it says she has been a redident since 1/15/12 and it expires on 1/15/14. I am assuming that it's a typo since we filed our K-1 on 1/10/12. So, do I request a new card with the corrected date? Obviously with this date we could file for ROC in October of this year. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.

I would correct it now. Call the USCIS number and ask them what to do. At some point it will be discovered if you try to carry on like she's been a GC holder for a year already.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

I would correct it now. Call the USCIS number and ask them what to do. At some point it will be discovered if you try to carry on like she's been a GC holder for a year already.

That was my thought as well. We're going to visit her family 2/7/13, think it would be any problem to travel on this card and get it fixed when we get back? I doubt they'll be able to correct it by next Thursday!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

That was my thought as well. We're going to visit her family 2/7/13, think it would be any problem to travel on this card and get it fixed when we get back? I doubt they'll be able to correct it by next Thursday!

Green cards are always back dated to the date they received the application.

I don't think it would be a problem to travel with it. It's not a fake card, just has aa typo.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Green cards are always back dated to the date they received the application.

Greencards are not back dated to the date they received the application. They are dated from when they are approved.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Timeline

Greencards are not back dated to the date they received the application. They are dated from when they are approved.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Not sure where he got that idea.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

My wife's Green Card was approved on 1/15/13 and we got it in the mail on 1/25/13. However, it says she has been a resident since 1/15/12 and it expires on 1/15/14. I am assuming that it's a typo since we filed our K-1 on 1/10/12. So, do I request a new card with the corrected date? Obviously with this date we could file for ROC in October of this year. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.

Gotta love the govt. No quality control apparently.

Timeline

Gotta love the govt. No quality control apparently.

I can understand that everyone makes mistakes but, aren't these dates kind of important? Isn't in their system somwhere electronically stored? We were so excited to get the card it wasn't until a couple of days later when I calculated the 21 month I realized it was going to be October of this year! I doubt we'll have time to get it fixed before we leave and will have to get it straightened out when we return. The trip is too crucial to postpone, 100 days for wife's brother-in-law.

Timeline

I can understand that everyone makes mistakes but, aren't these dates kind of important? Isn't in their system somwhere electronically stored? We were so excited to get the card it wasn't until a couple of days later when I calculated the 21 month I realized it was going to be October of this year! I doubt we'll have time to get it fixed before we leave and will have to get it straightened out when we return. The trip is too crucial to postpone, 100 days for wife's brother-in-law.

100 days for what?

Timeline

100 days for what?

My wife's brother in law passed away November 2, the 100 days are the 100 days of mourning which end on 2/9. All the family will come from surrounding villages and her brother in law was in the military. Saturday will be at temple and then the monks will come to my sister in law's home on Sunday. It's kind of a big deal.

Timeline

My wife's brother in law passed away November 2, the 100 days are the 100 days of mourning which end on 2/9. All the family will come from surrounding villages and her brother in law was in the military. Saturday will be at temple and then the monks will come to my sister in law's home on Sunday. It's kind of a big deal.

Ohh that deal. I went to one of those. It was basically a big drunk thing. I'm not sure if it was because the guy was a farang, or if they're all that way. I think they might do something after a year as well. Can't remember.

Timeline

Ohh that deal. I went to one of those. It was basically a big drunk thing. I'm not sure if it was because the guy was a farang, or if they're all that way. I think they might do something after a year as well. Can't remember.

Saturday will be pretty low key at the temple. However, Sunday is the party where after we feed the monks we eat and drink! I reckon there will be plenty of Sang Som and Chang to go around!

Timeline

Saturday will be pretty low key at the temple. However, Sunday is the party where after we feed the monks we eat and drink! I reckon there will be plenty of Sang Som and Chang to go around!

I flew into Chiang Mai from Bangkok for it. I got there in the afternoon, so I guess I missed the temple part. Good timing on my part I guess. :whistle:

I remember thinking of the irony. It was my wife's sister's husband from England. The guy died at Bumrungrad from alcohol related liver failure. What better way to celebrate than more booze!?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.